SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

Anybody got a clue as to if there is a denim repair kit. I was hoping that I could find some patch denim that was of decent quality. I would patch them with some old levis, but I was hoping to find some type of denim repair kit made by Samurai, SC, etc., that included quality denim with it.

Or does anyone have some extra denim scraps they would be willing to sell me?

I got incredibly drunk last night and now there's spray paint all over my nudies(and a little bit on my leather jacket). Is there a way to remove the paint? They are raw denim by the way.

the spray paint'll give the jeans more character. in the end you'll have another story to tell about your jeans.

oaky guys. my jeans freaking smell i searched and i couldnt fidn a thread about it.

so. what are the things you can do to make the smell go away? i have tried febreeze, putting them in the dryer with a fabric softener, and tried air drying them. hell i even drove, and hung them out the moon roof in hopes that it would get better. it DID... but it still smells>_>. what else can i do? i dont wanna hot/warm/cold soak them at all. and these are my everyday jeans. anytips would be appreciated. tyia.

No... Samurai will keep producing red tab + arcuate in Japan.

Actually, erbs was right...the levi's style arc's and red tab will be gone completely soon. Very informative discussion available on the ringxring.com forum if you're interested in heading more from Samurai's Toshiko directly. :)

...although I recall someone saying that the Sam pres. claimed that they would be "fighting" Levi's complaints, so I guess we'll see what happens. But for now, they appear to be looking into other designs.

So... people with big wallets, does your jeans shift to the direction where your wallet is in? Like most people in right backpocket, your jeans sway to the right, and your jeans feel weird when walking cause of this?

not really; I am however always worried that the wallet will slip out of my back pocket unnoticed whenever I sit down

I noticed on the BIG site that skulls 6x6 raw and one wash have the same upper thigh measurements for the 32 for example. What can I really expect because I don't go by those measurements

The measurements are the same. Skulls 6x6 don't shrink when you wash them. The one-wash is really just getting rid of some of the starch and (a tiny bit of) indigo.

two questions guys:

1) tips on getting the stench out of your jeans, w.out having to cold/warm/hot soak them?

2) what is the most unique pair of denim you own or have seen out there. like.. how some sammies have pockets differently, or the PRPS jeans have different colored buttons. just small unique things on jeans that you think are cool. i wanna get the most unique (without being too out there) pair : )

two questions guys:

1) tips on getting the stench out of your jeans, w.out having to cold/warm/hot soak them?

2) what is the most unique pair of denim you own or have seen out there. like.. how some sammies have pockets differently, or the PRPS jeans have different colored buttons. just small unique things on jeans that you think are cool. i wanna get the most unique (without being too out there) pair : )

stinky jeans - dryclean if its horrible, otherwise febreeze, hang them outside, or vacuum.

Sugarcane have lots of unique details...like the okinawas, which have lined backpockets, selvage pocketbags, snakeskin patch, etc. etc. They also have lots of details that only the denim nerds would appreciate, like dying methods, rolled seams, etc. And they smell like sugarcane when you first buy them.

two questions guys:

Those samurai USA model have some interesting features.

hi guys.

I'm heading to hong kong soon, was wondering if anyone can point me to the direction to where I can find nice looking boots. Aldens etc.

I've posted this on shoe thread and small questions, hope it hasn't caused any trouble, just that only a few people answer in the small questions (they do hell of a good job though) and also yeah this shoe thread is awesome.

hi guys.

I'm heading to hong kong soon, was wondering if anyone can point me to the direction to where I can find nice looking boots. Aldens etc.

I've posted this on shoe thread and small questions, hope it hasn't caused any trouble, just that only a few people answer in the small questions (they do hell of a good job though) and also yeah this shoe thread is awesome.

You might want to try the Small Question Thread in supershopper though...this is the denim forum...although there have been a lot of shoe-related questions in here lately??? :confused: You might also want to look int he Superjetset section for HK info.

ps - I'm not sure where you live, but I don't think HK is the place to look for Aldens.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic