SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

what jeans in the brands below fits like the eternal 868/872?

flathead

samurai

sugarcane

momtarou

joe mccoys

skull jeans

sda

denime

warehouse

yen

pbj

thanks im looking for similar or very close to the fit not identical .. anyone?

With shrink to fit style (non-sanforized) denim, what are the benefits to buying raw vs. one-wash styles since you have to soak them anyway? Is there an additional benefit other than the ability to control the soak / wash method?

Thanks in advance.

No benefit to buying raw, other than what you said about controlling the shrinking...and some people just like the process of watching their jeans shrink.

what jeans in the brands below fits like the eternal 868/872?

flathead

samurai

sugarcane

momtarou

joe mccoys

skull jeans

sda

denime

warehouse

yen

pbj

thanks im looking for similar or very close to the fit not identical .. anyone?

The 872's are pretty much their "normal" fit...regular rise, straight leg...I guess in Samurai the 510 would be closest, Flathead F380, SDA --1 series (101, 201, 301, 001, etc.), PBJ 003/006, Denime 66...those are off the top of my head, not sure about the other brands off-hand.

The 872's are pretty much their "normal" fit...regular rise, straight leg...I guess in Samurai the 510 would be closest, Flathead F380, SDA --1 series (101, 201, 301, 001, etc.), PBJ 003/006, Denime 66...those are off the top of my head, not sure about the other brands off-hand.

Probably Sugarcane 55 or 66 then. Will take a glance at BiG this weekend if you really care.

Probably Sugarcane 55 or 66 then. Will take a glance at BiG this weekend if you really care.

I think more so the 66...the 55 has a horrible cut...I don't know what they were thinking with that one.

I'm not sure what Warehouse is doing these days since they cut their repro line...Yen jeans are weird and unattractive (from what I've seen), and I think Momotaro have a cut called "Slim Straight" or something like that.

I think more so the 66...the 55 has a horrible cut...I don't know what they were thinking with that one.

I'm not sure what Warehouse is doing these days since they cut their repro line...Yen jeans are weird and unattractive (from what I've seen), and I think Momotaro have a cut called "Slim Straight" or something like that.

the LVC 55 cuts are really phenomenal. The sugarcane interpretation is terrible. As are most of their cuts for someone without a big waist

let me know theetruscan.. please could you ask the people there regarding which modela nd etcetc is the same cut as the 872's thanks mate really appreciate it

I know I've heard alot about Nudie, seems more bad then good because often the notorious crotch rip comes up. But I was wondering, does that happen on all models, or does it tend to happen on some more then others? Because I haven't heard much bad about the models that are stretch. Would buying strech lower my chances of having some of those ripping problems or is it all the same ?

I just bought a pair of Samurai S5000VX last week. I did a warm soak for a few hours on the first day.

I have a few questions:

-has anyone had them hemmed? Is it considered a waste to buy Samurais and do that? I have come to realize that i am not a fan of the cuff. The store i got them from, Blue In Green, does chain stitching that looks pretty good.

-I have noticed that there is fairly generous stretching in the knee area, as I spend most of my day sitting in a chair at work. It is giving me great honeycombs in the back, but also makes the front look a little goofy. When I stand up straight, the front part still sticks out. Would hemming help that?

Any help would certainly be appreciated.

I have a few questions:

-has anyone had them hemmed?

Big's chainstitching is nice, use it.

-I have noticed that there is fairly generous stretching in the knee area, as I spend most of my day sitting in a chair at work. It is giving me great honeycombs in the back, but also makes the front look a little goofy. When I stand up straight, the front part still sticks out. Would hemming help that?

nope.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic