SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

dior 19cm raws

can someone tell me the difference between these two jeans:

7H3110530184 - 504 and 7H3110530184 - 500

and

7H3110530184 - 902 and 7H3110530184 - 900

the first set should be 19cm indigo raws, and the 2nd set should be 19cm black raws

i'm trying to find out some info on how to decipher the codes... what's up with the 504/500 discrepancy, and the 902/900 discrepancy?

dior 19cm raws

can someone tell me the difference between these two jeans:

7H3110530184 - 504 and 7H3110530184 - 500

and

7H3110530184 - 902 and 7H3110530184 - 900

the first set should be 19cm indigo raws, and the 2nd set should be 19cm black raws

i'm trying to find out some info on how to decipher the codes... what's up with the 504/500 discrepancy, and the 902/900 discrepancy?

errrrr...what?

Hi,

I want to buy my first pair of raw denim, I was wondering what was the best "bang for buck" nowadays : good quality for a reasonable price.

I know they sell APC in Montreal, but other than that I don't really know what to choose.

Should I stick with something like H&M?

hey folks,

i bought some h&m "raws" (since i believe they are not raw) which i'd like to bleach.

5010113%282%29.jpg

I'd like a color like this, I mean a very light blue.

Should I just use common bleach and throw the jeans with bleach into the washmachine ? Or is there a better way ?

thnx

hey folks,

i bought some h&m "raws" (since i believe they are not raw) which i'd like to bleach.

5010113%282%29.jpg

Should I just use common bleach and throw the jeans with bleach into the washmachine ? Or is there a better way ?

thnx

god damn ...

hey folks,

thnx

Lemme just call my dad and ask how he got his to look like that...

I never understood why people mock posts in the small questions thread.

Anyways, I would try washing the jeans over and over. I'm pretty sure that's how washed out jeans get that way. If you really want to experiment with the bleach, I would actually try soaking them. Otherwise I'd be afraid that the agitation would make the jeans bleached unevenly.

I think the best/safest bet is washing them over and over with strong detergent.

What's the difference between SugarCane's Edo Ai, Okinawa, and Hawaii? besides the patch and the pocket stitching...

They all use regional indigo dyes (Okinawa partially uses indigo from Okinawa, etc.). They all have similar cuts, but different details. Here's a thread about Sugarcane's models:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=35968

i apologize in advance if this has been brought up before, but i'm wondering if vans has ever made prison issues in the states as opposed to china. i get my chucks from a hole in the wall vendor and they're all "made in usa," and the difference in quality is visibly clear.

thank you<3

and i just realized this is in the denim sub-forum so sorry if this thread is only for denim inquiries. =x

i apologize in advance if this has been brought up before, but i'm wondering if vans has ever made prison issues in the states as opposed to china. i get my chucks from a hole in the wall vendor and they're all "made in usa," and the difference in quality is visibly clear.

thank you<3

and i just realized this is in the denim sub-forum so sorry if this thread is only for denim inquiries. =x

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but AFAIK, no chucks are made in USA since 2001. Chucks are now owned by Nike and are all made overseas. It sounds to me like this "hole in the wall vendor" may be selling knock-offs that still include the "made in USA" branding.

If you have reason to believe otherwise, fill me in because I'd like some made-in-USA chucks if they exist, but I don't think they do.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but AFAIK, no chucks are made in USA since 2001. Chucks are now owned by Nike and are all made overseas. It sounds to me like this "hole in the wall vendor" may be selling knock-offs that still include the "made in USA" branding.

If you have reason to believe otherwise, fill me in because I'd like some made-in-USA chucks if they exist, but I don't think they do.

you're probably right about chucks being made in china post-'01.. but i don't think the hole in the wall place restocks with brand new made in usa chucks.. they're mostly recycled, but if you're lucky, some are brand new. i don't know where this dude gets his stuff but i doubt they're knock-offs.

thanks though =)

Guest supernoob
i just started wearing my lvc 47s and noticed what looks like the hem coming undone, or is it just excess thread im suppose to pull out?

img0227xt2.jpg

yeah it definitely came undone.. how cheesy is that. how can i repair it?

this is the first time i've seen anything like this...wierd.

I'm planning washing my raw Nudies for the first time and I want to get some opinions on the process I think I will be using.

Step 1: Put Dr. Bronners soap in tub and fill with lukewarm water allowing for the soap to difuse through the water.

Step 2: Place jeans in tub flat so they maintain their shape, creases, honeycomb, etc. While jeans are in the soapy water I'll prod the jeans a bit to help with absorption and moving the soap around.

Step 3: Let jeans soak in soapy warm water for 30 minutes.

Step 4: Drain soapy water and soak jeans in clean water for 10 minutes.

Step 5: Repeat step 4 two more times.

Step 6: Let jeans air dry.

How does that sound?

Thanks.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic