SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

What does "deadstock" mean? I've tryed looking it up with little result. What I found was "Supply provided; store; accumulation; especially, a merchant's or manufacturer's store of goods; as, to lay in a stock of provisions."

That doesn't seem to say that the term implys anything special. Doesn't the term mean something more?

-JF

i bought a pair of gap morrisons a couple weeks ago.my first pair of raw denim so im starting small.anyone have a pair of these?and how do they look after a couple months?

also when you soak your jeans in the tub it doesnt stain the tub does it?

i think if you use the search bar you might find something ... and just wear them hard and i am sure they will look great in time.

sometimes the water will turn blue when you soak in the tub, if it does just make sure you wipe it off quickly and it wont stain.

What does "deadstock" mean? I've tryed looking it up with little result. What I found was "Supply provided; store; accumulation; especially, a merchant's or manufacturer's store of goods; as, to lay in a stock of provisions."

That doesn't seem to say that the term implys anything special. Doesn't the term mean something more?

-JF

In the case of BiG's Samurai model (as an example), the denim used is considered deadstock because the model the denim was created for is now discontinued (0505).

i bought a pair of gap morrisons a couple weeks ago.my first pair of raw denim so im starting small.anyone have a pair of these?and how do they look after a couple months?

also when you soak your jeans in the tub it doesnt stain the tub does it?

The gap thread is here. As mentioned, raw jeans can stain the tub sometimes, but just be vigilent about cleaning it quickly so it doesn't stain. I don't know much about gap's jeans, but I'm sure they're sanforized, so I doubt you need to soak them anyway.

Just picked this up. Can anyone with knowledge of Vintage Wrangler tell me if this is for real -- 74136PW --- 4kkdj55323

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=330186970440&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=014

Looks real...kinda strange that's its in such perfect condition...it doesn't appear to have any signs of aging whatsoever. Label & stitching look real...I thought they normally had 6 buttons, but that might just be the size. PaulT would be the best person to ask though.

im thinking of buying from one of those sites would it be cheaper than ordering from like BiG?

so pretty much you better know what the fuck your doing...shit i cant find a site to translate it to english

Babelfish and Google are roughly equivalent, but both leave a lot to be desired. I'd sort out what you want based on information on SuFu, then, if you're positive you know what you're doing, and won't be wanting hemming or repairing (or, if the model isn't available here), order away.

If I wear a 30 in Slim Jims or Finns, what size should I get for the same fit in the waist from a PBJ xx-007 post warm soaking?

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic