SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

well, that hanon listing is pretty specific. Maybe they're right, but it would be a first to my knowledge. If they don't shrink, you'd have a bona fide case for returning them... good luck and let us know what happens.

Hmm. latest from Hanon:

"As i stated in previous e-mail please treat these as you would with any other rigid jean. We will not accept a return if they have been wet."

Rrrright. So they say they are unwashed and unshrunk but if I wet them and they don't shrink they won't take them back....

Hmm. latest from Hanon:

"As i stated in previous e-mail please treat these as you would with any other rigid jean. We will not accept a return if they have been wet."

Rrrright. So they say they are unwashed and unshrunk but if I wet them and they don't shrink they won't take them back....

FUck them then. Pay the extra £30 or whatever for a raw pair, which will look better anyway.

If, on their website, they say they will shrink, and they don't, you can argue they're not of merchantable quality and demand your money back, if you're in the UK (always best to pay with a credit card in this case).

BUT... if they say they think they will shrink, as far as they know, and then they don't, you do not have a case to get your money back.

Of course, they should be able to tell you for definite, so I'd steer clear, for what my opinion's worth. I don't think the saving of £30 over retail is worth it.

FUck them then. Pay the extra £30 or whatever for a raw pair, which will look better anyway.

If, on their website, they say they will shrink, and they don't, you can argue they're not of merchantable quality and demand your money back, if you're in the UK (always best to pay with a credit card in this case).

BUT... if they say they think they will shrink, as far as they know, and then they don't, you do not have a case to get your money back.

Of course, they should be able to tell you for definite, so I'd steer clear, for what my opinion's worth. I don't think the saving of £30 over retail is worth it.

Most odd. They are normally bang on (as in surprising they say one thing and then . I'll get em and return em then. Need a 55 in the collection but wanted to jump in the bath to get em fitting nicely before wearing em.

I'm 5,9 150 and I wear a 32 or a 31 in jeans, depending on whether the waist is slighlty flexible or not.

All of my current skinnies fit like cudiapcconverse.preview.jpg and this is the fit I'm aiming for in buying a pair of APC New Cures.

I've been considering purchasing a 28. Would this be appropriate?, as I've heard APC's stretch quite a bit.

I'm heading to Europe soon to do some traveling and was going to take my trusty and soon to be fixed skulls with me, theyre being tailored right now.

The thing is i'm not too keen on just having my wallet hanging out in my pocket for people to pick. Besides the obvious wallet chain, anyone seen a remedy to this? Maybe buttons or the pop-in buttons put on the pocket..? Just a question, I could go without the wallet fades for a month or 2 but I'd rather not :D

I'm starting to see light shining through the fades in the bottom back crotch area of my BSPs. Basically I can smell a crotch blowout. Should I be preemptive about it and have them repaired before they even rip, or should I wait till they rip, if at all, to repair them? Also, anybody have an updated link to the 45 rpm repair method? The one in the denim repair thread seems to be broken.

I'm starting to see light shining through the fades in the bottom back crotch area of my BSPs. Basically I can smell a crotch blowout. Should I be preemptive about it and have them repaired before they even rip, or should I wait till they rip, if at all, to repair them? Also, anybody have an updated link to the 45 rpm repair method? The one in the denim repair thread seems to be broken.

id fix now rather than later

I'm heading to Europe soon to do some traveling and was going to take my trusty and soon to be fixed skulls with me, theyre being tailored right now.

The thing is i'm not too keen on just having my wallet hanging out in my pocket for people to pick. Besides the obvious wallet chain, anyone seen a remedy to this? Maybe buttons or the pop-in buttons put on the pocket..? Just a question, I could go without the wallet fades for a month or 2 but I'd rather not :D

-Besides the wallet chain you really dont have many options, my wallet is quite small(as im in europe right now) and im being very vigilant. Standard practice is to put it in your front pocket as well, also remember that anyone who can succesfully pickpocket skinny skulls will most likely not be to phased by a button.

Repair now, http://web.archive.org/web/20060217005245/www.45rpm.jp/denim/detail.jsp?id=011〈=en

The load time is kinda long but it works

i was wondering if it is ok to soak my jeans w/ some dr. bronners soap? and if so how much i should put?

any help would be greatly appreciated

put in about 2 tbl spoons and rinse em with cold water after the soak.... just cleans em out a bit.... make sure to agitate it a lil bit with ur hands or something and just kinda rub ur jawnz well

Hello,

Does anyone know if a denim gallery site exists? Like one where we can upload our own images of our worn denim?

How about the the denim wiki site?

HEre's the superfuture thread that started it:

http://superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=148639&

Always worth checking the tags at the bottom or doing a Google site search for this kind of thing, it unearths lots of lost, intriguing threads

hello!

I am in NY for the summer. I have had RRLs for about a year now and I want to move on to getting my second pair. Knowing I probably have the most choices here in Manhattan, SOHO, etc., I was wanting some opinions on what I should get for my second pair.

I am looking for a pair that'll last for a long time, and obviously not wear down quickly like my horrible sevens did in like 2 weeks. I went to a store called blue in green and tried on a pair of samurais model 710 19 oz and LOVED them but the price is a little too steep for me (325). Can anyone reccommend any other brands to me, as I am not very familiar with brands. I was thinking possibly New Standards (by the way the apc store is awesome inside), but I just wanted to see what else was out there. Want something slim, not too tight, and super good quality because I wear out jeans very quickly. (already three patches for my one year old rrls..)

Thanks!!!!

Pherrow's Denim. I only owned some deadstock 451's but I'm sure Edmond can fill you in on the details. Here's a run down of the fits:

Most use 13~14 oz American cotton denim.

451: WW2

421: Slim Taper

417: Bootcut

521: 55

466: 66

Details include multiple styled shank buttons. Plaid pockets bags. Funny ass-crack rivet and weird mustache arcuates. Frankly I was a bigger fan of their more subtle branding back in the day. Denim is pretty awesome, but sizing is all over the place.

Details include multiple styled shank buttons. Plaid pockets bags. Funny ass-crack rivet and weird mustache arcuates. Frankly I was a bigger fan of their more subtle branding back in the day.

yeah, they went overboard with their new line-up

top notch denim for pherrows fades pretty good really.. and yes sizing is pretty much a little problem but most of them are one wash so base it on you Centimeter sizing check out smart clothing store

Well, I tried using the search function on this thread, but it doesn't seem to work all that well. not sure. But anyway, here's my question.. What are the exact differences between left hand twill and right hand twill? After researching, I've only found that LHT tends to have a softer hand after a wash, but idk if there is more to it or not. Thanks in advance.

So i'm a tall guy and i'm looking for some denim with a longer inseam than usual.

I think a 36" inseam would be perfect but it's difficult to track something down.

I was hoping for perhaps Edwin, LVC, something dark and slim.

Can anyone shed some light into brands/stores with longer inseams?

Thanks all.

Some of the LVC comes with a pre-soak inseam of 38" (shrinks down to 35"). Just about every jean carried at Blue In Gree and Self Edge has a pre-soak inseam length between 36" and 38".

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic