SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

How long do I soak sanforized denim for? And how? Cold Water? I want as little fading as possible

you dont really have to soak sanfordized denim....

unsanfordized denim on the other hand should be soaked for at least 15min-45min. hot water makes the denim shrink more but also makes the jeans lose more indigo. cold water = less shrinking but less indigo loss.

i think most people do a warm or hot soak for the initial, most people will want the jeans to lose indigo anyways, so you can "open up" the denim and see more blues

Does the leg opening of a jean affect the way the jean will stack?

yeah, more tapered jeans are usually easier to stack but not necessarily, the weight and rigidness of the denim also plays a role in stackage as well

Hola !

Well someone know brand that are selling good quality denim on internet and which are proposing size 38-40-42 ?

I am tired to wear levi's-carharrt-calvin klein jeans.

Thanks

suggestions for where to get chambray button downs? would like to consider something other than jcrew

Ralph lauren /Gitman/Engineered Garments/buzz rickson/APC

Ralph lauren /Gitman/Engineered Garments/buzz rickson/APC

thanks! really like the engineered garment and apc ideas. cheers

BiG still has some old stock as I heard. There are some Japanese shops too but BiG might be the easy way

Thanks for your help!

I see that a lot of people were/are sizing 1 up on these. That's not an option if I order from BiG as after size 30 you have to go all the way up to 34 which is too big. 30 is TTS for me. Are people cold soaking these at all?

Thanks for your help!

I see that a lot of people were/are sizing 1 up on these. That's not an option if I order from BiG as after size 30 you have to go all the way up to 34 which is too big. 30 is TTS for me. Are people cold soaking these at all?

I've gone TTS with them. Size 34. But they are tight right now. Not the waist but the thighs. So if you have chicken legs you can do the 30. And prepare for some broken threads if you don't size up (which isn't an option for you as I see).

You could take the regular XX-cut. I think Gordon has plenty of it in stock

havent had a new pair of raw denim in 2 years. I just want some reassurance that my new pair will stretch a bit. can barely get my hands in my pockets.

yeah im pretty sure it wont be a problem.... might not want to wash em for a while tho, and when you do be cautious of shrinking... If you do stuff like cram your phone keys and wallet in there then just walk around or bike you can get the use of your pockets back but that might change the whiskers a lil bit.

could give you more info if you told us what jeans

How often do people rotate their cuffs, so that the outlines won't tear?

some constantly, some never..... i just dont worry bout it. even if they start to tear, get em repaired and they look cool. a repair job on that is super easy and hardly takes any time

yeah im pretty sure it wont be a problem.... might not want to wash em for a while tho, and when you do be cautious of shrinking... If you do stuff like cram your phone keys and wallet in there then just walk around or bike you can get the use of your pockets back but that might change the whiskers a lil bit.

could give you more info if you told us what jeans

it is albam denim. I got size 32. My last pair of denim was APC NS size 32 and they did their standard stretching. Since then I lost a little weight, and thought I could start at 32 again.

The denim is obviously still stiff, and the inseam on these are pretty high. I do ride a bike every day, and keep my phone and wallet in my front pockets. I am just hoping that after some wear the jeans loosen up and I have some room to breathe. From what I have read, Albam denim does not give much.

Love the fit and quality however, so just this natural alteration would make them perfect.

This transaction has been declined. - Your credit card could not be authorized for this reason. Please correct any information and try again or contact us for further assistance

Anybody know what this mean? tried ordering from selfedge and when checkout this is what i get

Anyone have any pictures of a pair of jeans that should've been washed before wearing... For example, a lot of people claim that you must soak/wash Levi 501 before wearing or else, you'll end up getting fades in the wrong places..?

Much appreciated.

I can't remember the name of a brand. They use cone denim, made in america. Rinsed. similar to a 501 cut and they're maybe $109 or so. Does anyone know what brand I might be thinking of?

Crate maybe? I think they're pretty keenly priced.

Anyone have any pictures of a pair of jeans that should've been washed before wearing... For example, a lot of people claim that you must soak/wash Levi 501 before wearing or else, you'll end up getting fades in the wrong places..?

Much appreciated.

Check Airfrog's posts over on the LVC thread. HE always wears without soaking.

I do the same with my Lees, some of which turn out to be not Sanforized... the wear doesn't shift that much. THe main argument in favour of soaking first is simply that they will be too baggy when you wear them without washing.

I'm completely new to dry denim, so forgive the noob question:

I have a pair of APC New Cures and Raleigh Jones that I want to get hemmed. I'm worried that they might shrink some when I was them months from now. I plan on handwashing them in cold water when I do. Will that prevent much shrinking from happening? Or will they still shrink considerably? I'm mostly worried about the inseam because I know the waist will stretch back out.

Thanks!

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic