SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

one rule about APC raws, never buy TTS, the stretch like no other jean

but if you can find that confident tailor, go for it homey

if those get fucked up, and you gotta buy new jeans.. get 3sixteens for that kinda coin

IMO buying APC raw jeans is no longer worth the kinda cash you shell out

try buying them used and cheap on the supermarket, even ebay on a good day

i hope the best for you and your new cures, cloudy

will the new selvedge indigo canvas rising sun uses for their current outdoor vests shrink if i hot-soak them? ive got one and it's fitting a bit big. here are fit pics from the rising sun thread: http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=2697853&postcount=456

i havent got a picture of this, but when i held up the fabric to the light, i can sort of see thru it, which suggests the yarns still have some space to bunch up together and so shrink the vest?

im asking because ive read rising sun only uses sanforized cone denim, so i imagine the canvas will be sanforized too and shrinking will be minimal. the fit is actually already très comfortable (stiff at first), so if it wont shrink i wont bother soaking it.

ta.

I also have a question to post:

I bought a pair of Dry Bones Red-D Slims this December. When I tried them on in the Self Edge SF they fit almost perfect with the assumption that they would shrink a bit after a soak. Now however, they fit perfectly everywhere except right at the top of the waist. They stretched pretty far out there but no where else for some reason. I tried wearing a belt but it makes the jeans bunch up in the back and for some reason, my belt would always put pressure on the top of my back belt loop and looks like it will tear off if I continue to wear a belt. My question is: could I get another hole cut for the top button on m jeans? Has anyone here done this before? Or is there something else I could do?

#latereply, sorry if its actually been answered. had the same problem with my red-d. two things: this jeans i think is actually meant to be worn pretty low on the hips, i tried to always use a belt too because the waist was also too loose, but all it did was keep the waistband higher than where it was supposed to be and the low rise meant my balls were constantly crushed. the other thing i did was soak it in boiling water (actually boiled the water) and despite the denim being sanforized the waist did shrink 1 inch. i rubbed the patch with mink oil beforehand to prevent it from jerkifying. it got a bit wrinkly but nothing bad.

now i just wear the jeans sans belt in a semi sag and it fits so much better everywhere else too, not just on the waist. dont have the swimming waist feeling no more. hope that helps, and not too late! :)

Looking for a belt loop key holder under $100 that will ship quick (1 weeks time). Any recommendations?

Mmm, unless you're wanting some very exotic/rare hides, I don't think a simple key holder would cost that much.

Any of our forum craftsmen or Japanese denim brands can offer you something.

I wasn't sure where else to ask this: who makes a well-fitting (meaning not baggy, long sleeved) polo shirt that is also made in the USA or Japan? Solid color and logo-less is preferred

I wasn't sure where else to ask this: who makes a well-fitting (meaning not baggy, long sleeved) polo shirt that is also made in the USA or Japan? Solid color and logo-less is preferred

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=9447&category_id=&manufacturer_id=50&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=28

http://store.americanapparel.net/men-collared-shirts.html

those are the only ones that i can find right now.

Billy Reid makes well constructed polos made in canada. very clean looking too, with an array of styles

the prices are not too bad (under 100bones) check the link

Hello,

Any vintage LEE experts here?

I am stumped on what era/year my LEE 91-J jacket is from. It's union made, has the "Long L" LEE buttons, selvedge in the pencil slit on the front pocket, but what's very odd is it doesn't have the Housemark on the label, but has a thin "hanging" type label that I haven't seen before on a jacket this old. Several denim geek friends have told me it was likely from the 20's. Photos of authentic 1920's and early 1930's 91-J coats seem to be hard to come by and all of the Japanese repos aren't done exactly the same way. Can anyone on this board share their expertise?

photo4cq.jpg

photo1qj.jpg

photoox.jpg

I've just received a denim jacket and everything about its fit is perfect, apart from the chest measurement. It's definitely too big around the chest for me and I was wondering if it would be possible to get the pit-to-pit measurement reduced? It's currently about 58cm pit-to-pit but I'd need like a 54-55cm pit-to-pit measurement for it to fit correctly. Is that an adjustment that's possible to be made?

Anyone else here had the chest on their denim jacket altered and did the jacket look fine afterwards?

A bit off topic but denim related.

Will be going to Vegas for the first time in June And hoping someone could point me in the direction of

1.Good Vintage clothing/ Thrift Stores/ denim stores

2. Cultural stuff (yes really)/ Day trips

3. Good Restaurants/food spots.

4. any other must do's

Appreciate it!

It's a decade since I've been, and others might know better, but if you continue, south I think, along the strip, the hotels/motels and shops get poorer and sleazier. Finally you hit blocks of thrift stores, where people who've gambled away their last dollars have tried to raise more cash. WHen I was there, was plenty of good vinyl, some pretty good guitars - not great, condition tended to be poor altho prices were low. But I don't remember too much good denim I'm afraid. Maybe a mine is the best place to check out?

It's a decade since I've been, and others might know better, but if you continue, south I think, along the strip, the hotels/motels and shops get poorer and sleazier. Finally you hit blocks of thrift stores, where people who've gambled away their last dollars have tried to raise more cash. WHen I was there, was plenty of good vinyl, some pretty good guitars - not great, condition tended to be poor altho prices were low. But I don't remember too much good denim I'm afraid. Maybe a mine is the best place to check out?

Thanks paul! Deff a good starting point! would rep must spread.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic