SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

Jeebus, Rvesta, by the time you get around to deciding and ordering those jeans, vintage repro's will have become true vintage...:rolleyes:

I figured it out! Ordered today. Flathead 3005s. Figures right? Thanks for the suggestions everyone, I'll let you know how they work out.

I figured it out! Ordered today. Flathead 3005s. Figures right? Thanks for the suggestions everyone, I'll let you know how they work out.

Good choice Revsta, I have the F350s, which are the same cut with slightly different details.

Awesome. I'm excited. FH denim is baller. How much shrink did you get in the inseam? I'm a tall guy so I'm a bit worried about letting them soak too long.

I machine washed mine at 60C, I never bother with that soaking business! They shrank quite a lot - about 2.5 inches on the waist and inseam.

I machine washed mine at 60C, I never bother with that soaking business! They shrank quite a lot - about 2.5 inches on the waist and inseam.

I think 2.5 inches in a hot wash might be a tad much for me at 6'4''. I'll prolly hot soak and hang something off them to keep them long. I'm a tall man.

I want to proxy some Sams. Was it easy using the proxy service here?

Sutocorp is great, but most Sams can be ordered from 2nd's Rakuten store.

http://search.borderless.rakuten.com/borderless/search.action?sid=2nd&l=en

Use "search inside this store"

They don't speak great english, so speak simply and use google translate to provide Japanese beneath.

Sutocorp is great, but most Sams can be ordered from 2nd's Rakuten store.

http://search.borderless.rakuten.com/borderless/search.action?sid=2nd&l=en

Use "search inside this store"

They don't speak great english, so speak simply and use google translate to provide Japanese beneath.

Or, you can browse their website: http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://www.e2nd.net/&ei=AP-lTbr8K8rL0QHoqcmBCQ&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CCYQ7gEwAA&prev=/search%3Fq%3De2nd%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26hs%3DZeR%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26prmd%3Divns

They will take orders via email if you don't want to go through Rakuten. Again, you need to use Google Translate with them. Great customer service, but they don't do the English thing. If you order via email, they'll send you a Paypal invoice. Other than missing out on Rakuten points, I actually prefer this, because for some reason, when the Japanese stores do their own credit card transactions, it takes like 2 weeks to hit my account. It messes up all my budgeting and whatnot.

Are there any key hooks that aren't absurdly expensive? I like the practicality of a key hook but paying ~$50+ for what is basically a piece of hardware seems a little bit crazy to me.

Although I've no desire to use a key hook, they do seem overpriced. They also look remarkably similar to some curtain hooks I've seen, so perhaps there's your answer.

Are there any key hooks that aren't absurdly expensive? I like the practicality of a key hook but paying ~$50+ for what is basically a piece of hardware seems a little bit crazy to me.

Any decent hardware/outdoors gear shop will sell you a good key hook for 5€ something...

I really, really hate to ask these kinds of questions but...

SE05BSP - How much will the thigh shrink? Can't be more than .5in right?

I'm coming from a size 27 pair of the old Texas cotton 5010 Skulls and I'm looking at the size 28 BSP...want something a tad easier on the thighs and upper block but with a smaller leg opening.

this dude

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=249521

Got a rip in the sideseam of my PBJs. Don't ask me how I got it. I don't know. Its a decent size rip but it isn't anything serious, just the stitching has come apart. The edges are still intact. There's a really good tailor in my city that could do it but they're expensive and could take longer with my jeans than I care to give up. Do you guys think that a sideseam rip on selvedge is something that the average tailor can restitch, or should I take this one to the pros?

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic