SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

Thanks chantheman..do you notice supertrash threads ,comenting worst waywt pic post..ha ha...made me loosing rep pts.wonder how & what they wear.

is thefabricmall still a reputable/safe place to order denim from?

anyone know a source of duck cotton selvage fabric?

You can try call Mike Hodis from Rising Sun.A lot of cotton duck lineup in their products.

You can try call Mike Hodis from Rising Sun.A lot of cotton duck lineup in their products.

DO you know he sells stuff wholesale? Otherwise you're just getting people to hassle him unnecessarily. I'd be surprised if a retailer/manufacturer were to sell on the raw material for their product.

moving to chicago after living in southern california my whole life...

figure my okinawas wont cut it in the cold weather...what jeans should i look at buying to keep me warm? should i just look for something 20oz+ (never wore heavy jeans before) or should i look for something else? only willing to spend about 300...so those flannel ironhearts are out of the question.

thanks

figure my okinawas wont cut it in the cold weather...what jeans should i look at buying to keep me warm? should i just look for something 20oz+ (never wore heavy jeans before) or should i look for something else? only willing to spend about 300...so those flannel ironhearts are out of the question.

thanks

wear long johns under jeans…trut so pur

thanks

what????????

thanks

Your Okis (and any standard weight jeans) are fine. Save your money to buy a good winter jacket next November (I recommend goose down). You're going to need it.

Your Okis (and any standard weight jeans) are fine. Save your money to buy a good winter jacket next November (I recommend goose down). You're going to need it.

Indeed, I live in a climate that gets pretty cold in the winter too and I just wear normal midweight denim without a problem. Apart from that I find heavyweight denim a pretty silly idea, but that's just a personal opinion...

Denim recommendation needed:

selvedge

lightish weight, 14 oz?

highish rise, crotch room

similarish cut to the 1957 501 maybe

still semi-slim, not skinny

straight or slight taper

roomier than sammi 710s in the crotch region

Any suggestions?

APC NS too tight

710s too tight

selvedge

lightish weight, 14 oz?

straight or slight taper

Any suggestions?

APC NS too tight

710s too tight

LVC '67 505 or maybe '66 501 if you go tts stf. Btw: there is no such thing as a model '57 501...

selvedge

lightish weight, 14 oz?

straight or slight taper

Any suggestions?

Well, the LVC '47 comes pretty close to all your criteria! Stratos mentioned the LVC '66. It's quite a bit more tapered than the '47s, and I consider it a true mid rise (still enough room though). I really like the cut. I've mentioned in the LVC thread, I don't understand why the '66 doesn't get more love here. I hope it's not just because of a paper patch and no back pocket rivets.

Well, the LVC '47 comes pretty close to all your criteria! Stratos mentioned the LVC '66. It's quite a bit more tapered than the '47s, and I consider it a true mid rise (still enough room though). I really like the cut. I've mentioned in the LVC thread, I don't understand why the '66 doesn't get more love here. I hope it's not just because of a paper patch and no back pocket rivets.

I agree, the '66 are very nice, I see them as a sort of stf 505...

I'm worried about buying another pair of 47s, as teh crotch ripped on mine and blew out an entire inner thigh =\

So the 66 would be a bit tighter than the 47? That's definitely not what I need. How do the 500s compare to the 47s?

So the 66 would be a bit tighter than the 47?

No not at all! They are very generous in the seat and then taper from the thighs, I wear mine tts and they are brilliant, nothing like the '47' (which are brilliant as well, but very unforgiving...)

Edit: you might also want to consider '54 501Z, that is if you can live with the fact that that cut's not very authentic, they actually fit like modern tapered slim fits.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic