SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

does denim with a stretch element (1-2% elastane or something) fade properly/different than 100% cotton?

looking for some way to reconcile my favorite clothes with my favorite hobby, dancing. if anyone knows much about the topic or could point me towards some brands/models, I would be greatly indebted.

thanks

. Do you guys think that a sideseam rip on selvedge is something that the average tailor can restitch, or should I take this one to the pros?

Any tailor can do it with any machine - it's really easy. I've had the g/f do it dozens of times on her domestic machine, as the best way of applying knee patches is to open up the side seam. We've done it repeatedly on the nipper's jeans.

Sizing question.

I've got a pair of lot 10 S0500's in size 30 now stretched to around 33 after some wear and they fit great.

I'm buying some S5000VX's how is the sizing on the current lot 14? Would I get away with a 30 again (I measure 33 at the hips)?

Looking at getting an order in with 2nd asap and I'm beyond excitement :P

Thanks.

I asked a couple months back about reinforcing the crotch in my jeans, and now I can see the hole almost coming through. I was wondering what the exact way is to reinforce that area so it doesn't lead to a straight rip in the future. Can any tailor do it? If anyone knows a good place in Los Angeles as well please tell =]. Thanks

I was taking my wallet out of the back pocket of my Mr. Freedom Dungarees earlier today and I felt something give. The threading at the top 1/2 inch of the seem between my back-right pocket and the rest of the leg tore and the small 1/4 inch of overlap is now able to come out of the crease it fits into.

I don't have a camera so I'm unable to post a picture. I don't have a machine, nor do I trust myself or those that I know to fix this pair of jeans. I know that this is going to get worse because I have not been able to stop at home yet today and the threading has worsened from 1/4 inch lost to 1/2 inch lost.

Does this sound like a standard repair that any ma' and pa' store could fix or should this be sent into SE/Denim Doctor?

Rising Sun are great. And of course there's the odd Warehouse Duck Digger still available - and check out the Warehouse thread here, lot of action with the 700XX and others. I don't know the shape of the 700 too well but the denim is beautiful, altho these are cinchback, but with no suspender buttons.

Look out for old stock Mr Freedom dungarees, too, for a different vibe. I have also owned the SC cinchbacks, the 40501, I wasn't hugely impressed with the cut, it's a strange comprise if you like oldschool cinchback, but the fabric is lovely - and they might be on closeout at BiG .

Paul thanks. My daughter and I both are due for a new pair of jeans. With her birthday coming up on May 9th I challenged her to a father/ daughter denim off. So we are both getting a new pair. And wearing them from May 9 2011 to May 9 2012. Last May she got a pair of raw denim and shes wore them in beautifully. So I decided to challenge her. I think I'm in over my head as she will be 12 and kids abuse the hell out of their jeans. I plan to document the contest between us. And we are going to take plenty of pics through the year. Now on to my next question.

Would it be ok to start a thread to document our 1st annual father/daughter denim competition?

Also is there any places to get nicer raw denim for girls. She wants another pair of abercrombies. They really did age beautifully. But I think she deserves better. For this event.

Got some Evisu #2000 no1 in sz 34, the waist is ok, not tight, not that loose either but a bit big but that's not really the problem...they make me look like I've got thunder thigh, would the 33 be better or the cut is made like that?

Any help would be appreciated.

What are my options For jeans with a cinch back and suspender buttons outside of levis? I've entertained the idea of some Rising Sun Blacksmiths. Now that they are using 14oz. denim that is even more intriguing. What else?

Lee have lots of cinchback/suspender button models. Alternatively, you could buy any cinchback model and add your own buttons to the waistband. LVC sell suspender buttons.

I'm wearing LVC 1915s right now and despite the saggy arse, I love 'em.

so...

i decided to measure my waist today because all this time i assumed i was a 28-29.

but im a 30/31. and all my jeans are 28-29. i dont know how i've been fitting into these things

maybe i just ate. but i need to sell off all my pairs since most of them pushes against my balls when i sit down. every once in a while i have to get up and sag it lower. I don't know how people with skinny jeans do it, but it's damn umcortable. unless they're going commando?

so the question is - is it waist, thigh, or rises that i should consider to help solve this issue?

so...

i decided to measure my waist today because all this time i assumed i was a 28-29.

but im a 30/31. and all my jeans are 28-29. i dont know how i've been fitting into these things

maybe i just ate. but i need to sell off all my pairs since most of them pushes against my balls when i sit down. every once in a while i have to get up and sag it lower. I don't know how people with skinny jeans do it, but it's damn umcortable. unless they're going commando?

so the question is - is it waist, thigh, or rises that i should consider to help solve this issue?

what are your jeans currently ? Did you measure them using a measurement tape ? Try to do it and you will be surprised that some are actually 30 or 31 inch. One thing i learn is stop wearing boxers but wear briefs instead.

Anyone know where Dkatz has been? I miss his posts.

Hahaha, just saw this - sorry man, been all over the country for work the past month or so. Fatty update coming soon (probably in the ROYxCone and WAYJDT threads).

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic