SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

I've been wearing my new a.p.c. ps for 3 days now and they're my first pair of raw denim, but i don't think the fit looks right on me. I liked how the size 28 looked on me in Barneys , so i was told to size down to a 27 since they stretched (i don't think i'd be able to fit a 26, I couldn't even button the top on the 27). Now, but I'm starting to get second thoughts on these. I'm not sure if it's because they haven't fully stretched out yet, or because they haven't "settled" down yet, but at the moment, I'm not sure they look right.

Opinions/Advice? Should i try a different cut/brand?

fopxg3.jpg

20hx503.jpg

from what i can tell the new standard jean by apc would be more your fit (if you wanted apc)

your thighs look too big for that petit standard jean

honestly, i could be wrong

because from my experience all jeans need more then three days to fully settle

and all of the raw apc jeans do stretch A LOT in the waist, thighs, ass, & knees

if you can wear them and feel comfortable in doing so, stick it out

they probable will look great after a month or three with some hard wear knowing apc denim will stretch

good luck in making up your mind

I've been wearing my new a.p.c. ps for 3 days now and they're my first pair of raw denim, but i don't think the fit looks right on me. I liked how the size 28 looked on me in Barneys , so i was told to size down to a 27 since they stretched (i don't think i'd be able to fit a 26, I couldn't even button the top on the 27). Now, but I'm starting to get second thoughts on these. I'm not sure if it's because they haven't fully stretched out yet, or because they haven't "settled" down yet, but at the moment, I'm not sure they look right.

Opinions/Advice? Should i try a different cut/brand?

Is there a thread for worn-in "stuff".. like just.. things that you have that get old and worn and shit. i've got a few pictures i'd like to share, but being that they're not "jeans" i cant put them in the "evolution of jeans" thread..

THANKS YALLLLLL

well - this item specifically is made of hemp cloth...... but, being that theres not a "worn-hemp-cloth-shit" thread, i was looking for a "shit-thats-old-that-isnt-leather-or-denim" thread.

thanks

hmm :\ that's a tough one to answer..

is it a bag, a hat, a sweatshirt ect.. ? is it handmade by you ?

if there is not a thread made for this already, maybe you would make one ?

if that could be something you'd like to do, i'm sure there is a place for it here on superfuture.

just start a thread. the worst that can happen is some people moaning that it isn't denim, and a mod locking it... but there's plenty of non denim threads here, so it should be fine imo.

² and don't be surprised you get neg repped, some of the users on here are former Gestapo members...

for australian members: is there anyone who offers chainstitch hemming service? i know RHD store in Adelaide has the union special machine, but I'm looking for one in melbourne or brisbane to save me some shipping cost.

Thanks in advance!

there's a stall called that store in melbourne and sydney. if that helps. there's a guy called mikhail that does chainstitch. email them! :)

there's a stall called that store in melbourne and sydney. if that helps. there's a guy called mikhail that does chainstitch. email them! :)

Hi thanks for the reply! I should've seen the denim repair in sydney thread before I asked. Somebody posted the information there.

Thanks again!

anyone know how to get bike chain grease/ lube out of jeans? i think theyre going for a soak with soap (guess it counts as a wash) tomorrow.

Hey guys I'm fairly new to denim and selvedge and I've been looking to buy my first pair and wear the hell out of them.

I have weird measurements and I've been asking countless questions across many boards but many people avoid answering me with real answers.

I have large thighs, about 10.75" and my waist is a 33" and my inseam is 28" and I don't wear my jeans baggy at all and up until recently I wore Levi 511's but they got too tight.

So, i'm here asking you guys what you would recommend for me. Also, should I presoak? Budget is $200.

Thanks a lot and I hope you guys can help.

two great brands under 200 are

3sixteen

&

a.p.c.

look at what is available cut wise and choose what fit / & style you like best

check out the measurements of your desired jean

do some research on those specific brands / cuts to see how you should size due to stretching and shrinking

you should only presoak your denim if it is unsanforized or partially sanforized

so you can get all the shrinkage out of the jean

if the jean is sanforized you don't really have to

also you can get your inseam altered with a hem to your desired length

remember, if a jean is unsanforized or partially it will shrink in length with a wash

so don't assume you can have them hemmed to 28"

see how much the inseam will shrink with a wash and add that to your desired length

if the denim is fully sanforized you are more than likely safe to get a 28" hem

just do your own research, we all have had to

more than enough information and help is at your disposal with superfuture alone

enjoy : )

I have large thighs, about 10.75" and my waist is a 33" and my inseam is 28" and I don't wear my jeans baggy at all and up until recently I wore Levi 511's but they got too tight.

So, i'm here asking you guys what you would recommend for me. Also, should I presoak? Budget is $200.

Thanks a lot and I hope you guys can help.

Is that thigh measurement a typo? Because with a 33" waist, 10.75" thighs are not bit at all. Virtually every pair of jeans on the market will fit you. I know this because I wear either a size 32 or 33 and only the slim cuts are too thin for my 12" thighs.

Just a small historical question. It states on the levis site, that the 501z was introduced to the American East coast, because consumers there were unfamiliar with the button fly. So can anybody inform me what historical jean manufacturers were present on the east coast before 1954 and after to compete with Levis, and make the button fly so unfamiliar.

Just a small historical question. It states on the levis site, that the 501z was introduced to the American East coast, because consumers there were unfamiliar with the button fly. So can anybody inform me what historical jean manufacturers were present on the east coast before 1954 and after to compete with Levis, and make the button fly so unfamiliar.

They were unfamiliar not just because of different brands of jeans, but rather because they never knew pants with buttons. But in jeans brands, Lee was certainly way ahead of Levi's with zippered/sanforized 101's in the '40's. If you want more info, best to ask this question again in the LVC topic.

I think Levis is overstating things a little bit. It isn't like between the 30s and 50s button fly trousers completely disappeared from the east coast and people had forgotten about them. But, by the 50s easterners had grown accustomed to zippers on their trousers, regardless of what type of trousers they were. So when Levis started east, customers expected zippers on their jeans.

Alright I bought a pair of ST-100x - Slim Leg (http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=82&products_id=437) and I was wondering how I should presoak them to get the shrinking out of the way. I've read through the superdenim guide and everyone says something different. I know they won't shrink so much, but I got them hemmed so that the presoak gets the inseam to an almost perfect length.

So, my question is, how should I presoak these? In a bathtub, insideout, in hot water? What is the right way?

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic