SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

i would like to buy a blue chambray workshirt with white buttons, any suggestions? Not really feeling the EG and Iron Heart ones (I already have shirts with the same pocket styling)

I have a very nice YMC blue with white buttons chambray I bought for peanuts (think it wat 15€...) @ Urban Outfitters in Antwerp. May not be your 'classic' brand, but it sure is good quality. It only has a left breast pocket, 'engineer' style.

need a wash/soak soon. i do not want it to shrink, yet I want to lose some indigo on the denim and have nice contrast/fades. should I cold it in cold water with detergent or?

Elaborate a little, please. Is it sanforized or not? Has it already been soaked or washed before? If sanforized, just machine wash warm (30°C) inside out, no spin cycle, don't machine dry. Should turn out fine with little or no shrink. If they're stf and have been soaked, do the same, but they might shrink further. Wear wet to dry if you want to make sure they remain wearable. If they have not been soaked, then you're in a bit of a tight spot since they will shrink in contact with water, no matter how hot or cold...

Elaborate a little, please. Is it sanforized or not? Has it already been soaked or washed before? If sanforized, just machine wash warm (30°C) inside out, no spin cycle, don't machine dry. Should turn out fine with little or no shrink. If they're stf and have been soaked, do the same, but they might shrink further. Wear wet to dry if you want to make sure they remain wearable. If they have not been soaked, then you're in a bit of a tight spot since they will shrink in contact with water, no matter how hot or cold...

my bad, they are sanforized! I've soaked them once before.

ahh, i'll go with the machine wash then. without detergent I guess?

kind of irrelevant but,

how can I explain to my friend that 'hard' denim does not equate to better fading than 'soft' denim. what he means is like, soft on the touch. e.g nudies.

and also, that the jeans will still continue to fade even after you gave them your first wash? his theory is that the jeans will not fade after you gave it its first wash.

or you should just send them back for an exchange. they sound like they're eventually gonna be too tight.

Actually, no, you can limit the shrink by wearing them to dry and if you avoid hot washes (just hand wash cool) they'll stay that way. Also, the waist will likely stretch back to (almost) the pre-shrink size with wear anyways.

Re te initial question: don't have to wear inside out no, unless you want blue legs :P

I need help dating a Lee denim jacket. The tag says made in the USA and the buttons say "Lee Riders", they have nothing stamped on the back. It also only has two flap pockets on the breast, no slash pockets or hidden inside pocket. Any help would be appriciated.

I need help dating a Lee denim jacket. The tag says made in the USA and the buttons say "Lee Riders", they have nothing stamped on the back. It also only has two flap pockets on the breast, no slash pockets or hidden inside pocket. Any help would be appriciated.

Well, it's probably 20th century :D

Depends, where are you starting it from? The knee or thigh make sure they do it from the inside of the leg to keep the selvedge normal and intact

Starting from the knee. Yeah, I was planning on making sure they did it on the inseam so that the selvedge would stay normal.

I've had my FH BSPs for a little over 3 months now and I'm starting to see some "electric" blue poking through on the knees, combs and whiskers. They have stretch quiet a bit and I'm considering soaking them in hot water to get them to shrink again. (I did an initial soak when I purchased)

Would this be a mistake and prevent high contrast fades? Should I try to stick it out as long as possible?

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic