Word of Mouth - Contest Feeler Thread

WoM - Contest duration  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Which denim should we use?

• RS1950-ROW
    • RS501-UF

This poll is closed to new votes

2 hours ago, Maynard Friedman said:

^ it’s amazing the lengths some people go to over buying a pair of jeans. They probably spend less time and effort than this when buying a house! 😂

🤣 it’s like you know me so well. Big decisions, easy. What jeans to wear for the next 18 months?, let me make this as complicated as possible. 

Going with the 5150. I need the extra rise and have too many wwii pairs without a single decent 47-50s model. This should fit that bill nicely. 

That 42 model was extremely tempting, but the lower rise of the 411 cut sadly made the decision for me. 

contestants, let it be known the following are what i'll be looking for as a judge for maximum points and that my judgement will be objective and final. send any financial gratifications (min. amount price of a 411S non-ww2) to my paypal (f&f only) at oomslokop at gmail:

1. super stacks

2. diaper butt

3. patches at 6++ months (no sashiko mending please! such extravagance will merit -50 points)

4. super size up aho style

5. super size down à la slimane's 19cm dior homme circa 2005

6. ugliest tender cuff

7. jorts at 1 month in

8. no wash till end of comp

9. sanded "thai-style" lightning honeycomb

10. (+100 bonus points for those who remember fc contest thru indigo mist of time) gold painted jawnz

hope that's clear. best of luck and break (in) a leg!

Edited by oomslokop
clarify criteria

11 hours ago, aho said:

This is actually exactly what I was going for and how I wear my jeans now! Since a 39" isn't possible I'm deciding between 38" and 40", definitely leaning 40" though so they may be a bit oversized but I suppose in line with current fashion trends 😅

My preferred way to wear denim myself . 

2 hours ago, dudewuttheheck said:

Going with the 5150. I need the extra rise and have too many wwii pairs without a single decent 47-50s model. This should fit that bill nicely. 

Yeah. Me too. The extra inch of rise outweighs all other aspects for me. 
I'm also going for the full inseam in the hope of achieving 'Gary Cooper High Noon pineapple chunk turnups', as one of my school chums described them.

Confirmed my size, I'm going to be in the 5150, size 35, 72cm washed inseam. Aiming for ~70cm ultimately but I calculated after measuring all my Shinya fabric pairs that I will definitely get that extra ~2cm off with a few wash and dries. Given that we're starting this thing in winter that will probably happen very quickly!

Going 5150, size 37, raw inseam of 89cm (35").

With too many pairs of jeans to wear, winning is not in the cards, though I have thrown out all pajamas and will wear these at night.

On 9/10/2024 at 6:05 PM, MJF9 said:

Request please by the deadline of 14th September

Can all contestants finalise the following by DMing it to both @beautiful_FrEaK and me please?

• Model
  • Waist size
  • Confirm if they want hemming done by Simone
  • If yes, please state your desired inside leg.  Simone will add 8.3cm to your desired leg length to allow for shrinkage.

OK folks... a follow up as we have a ‘deadline’ to finalise choices by 14th September.  Thanks to everyone who has provided details already

For action please (all contestants)

• Can those who have already provided their requirements (status of green) check the table is correct for them.  Belt and braces brought safety to John Wayne and so we’ll use them here.  If it’s correct, just rep the post please.  Any errors, DM me and @beautiful_FrEaK please

If anyone has any issues, please let me know.  Thanks all... nearly there :)

image.thumb.png.cd4499be6512256eb8512a163e726a6d.png

Just messaged you, 411S for me, size 34 with 28 inch inseam after wash-denim pocket bags if possible. 🙌

1 hour ago, MJF9 said:

OK folks... a follow up as we have a ‘deadline’ to finalise choices by 14th September.  Thanks to everyone who has provided details already

For action please (all contestants)

• Can those who have already provided their requirements (status of green) check the table is correct for them.  Belt and braces brought safety to John Wayne and so we’ll use them here.  If it’s correct, just rep the post please.  Any errors, DM me and @beautiful_FrEaK please

If anyone has any issues, please let me know.  Thanks all... nearly there :)

image.thumb.png.cd4499be6512256eb8512a163e726a6d.png

Looks good to me!

27 minutes ago, Broark said:

And now we (impatiently) wait for three months. ^_^
Thanks y'all for organizing this, should be a good time!

Means we have three more months to purchase other jeans 🤭

Edited by frank

I've only been hazily focused at best since May, wearing my 01's on average maybe 3-4 days a week. I made my FW 51's the main before that, and I really like where they're at right now - my OA's are only just starting to show some signs and it feels like it's been ages! Hoping they pick up steam soon...

Meanwhile I acquired enough stock to last me a solid decade if I can just keep my size in check (maybe unlikely). 

I'm doing my best to stick to my Denime 220XX 47's until we receive our pizza jeans, though there are multiple unworn Warehouse pairs beckoning, the 0105's always giving me the eye, potential new TCB's and Shins Denime incoming. What's a man supposed to do?!

On that note - do we have a rough idea on when we're going to get this started? Are we doing the winter solstice start??

I’ll still be mostly wearing my S601XX and 601RB up until the contest—but, like the rest of you, not with much commitment. Recently I’ve really been enjoying Roy’s Foreman Pants, too, as well as the new black SC ‘47s. Who’s to say when there’ll be any real wear to show on any of them? Especially now that I’m working a mostly-desk job

Laughed out loud seeing I have the widest waist and shortest hem of all the contest pairs 😂 Looking forward to it! Also big shout out to everyone involved, I can't believe how quick we turned this around, it's like an unheard of sufu miracle!

As far as what I'm aiming for, the 1942's (albeit cinchback version) at the 36:15 mark should just about do it (not to mention two grail status to me 1946 pairs before it):

And I'll continue to wear my Ooe OA01XX and FC 1101's until contest start! Will be fun to do a side to side next to my WOMCON jeans raw

Edited by aho

Not that anyone asked for it, but I'm casting a vote for #WoMCon as the official contest hashtag.

I'd been wearing the 11 oz 0105's all summer. As the weather is cooling, I'm rotating in my Leroy's and Mister Freedom Lot64 LHT. Both of the latter are White Oak denim with the 64's measuring up where I expect the 36 WoM to end up. A lot of top block there, but should drape better in the Shinya fabric.

About to send those OA01's off to buyer so I'm net 0 for jeans on the contest!

OK... so we have the models, sizes and inseam requirements for all 26. 

Well done everyone... you gotta love it when a plan comes together 😉

two men are holding hands and one has a cigar in his mouth while the other says i love it when a plan comes together

The choice breakdown sees the 411S '42-inspired model as the most popular, followed by the 5150 '50-s Eddie Van Halen model though it must be said there's good coverage across the 30s, 40s, 50s and 60s... it's shaping up to be a contest spanning many denim genres...

image.png.09fb57bc1105ee8ad56be393462f6cfc.png

Please also have a final check of the final list below... DM me any issues please

I'll email the spreadsheet to Simone tomorrow... then we can sit back and look forward to the kick-off 😀

image.thumb.png.63350383e7fce25b8420e343b45bf9ff.png

On 9/14/2024 at 3:19 AM, aho said:

Laughed out loud seeing I have the widest waist and shortest hem of all the contest pairs 😂 Looking forward to it! Also big shout out to everyone involved, I can't believe how quick we turned this around, it's like an unheard of sufu miracle!

As far as what I'm aiming for, the 1942's (albeit cinchback version) at the 36:15 mark should just about do it (not to mention two grail status to me 1946 pairs before it):

And I'll continue to wear my Ooe OA01XX and FC 1101's until contest start! Will be fun to do a side to side next to my WOMCON jeans raw

looks like it just you and me with the w.40… looking fwd to it!!! cinch away for the sufu miracle now firmally known as #womcon!!! looking forward to suspended action… 

Edited by bartlebyyphonics