Happy jeans: TCBxSufu S40s WW2 contest thread

2 hours ago, Ar_thor said:

Fair enough - this is the only WW2 model I own. It would still be interesting to know the reasoning behind this though.

2 hours ago, buler said:

Since the waist overall evolved from suspender buttons, there was an overlap of continuing the buttons and adding belt loops. I'm speculating that the belt loops were positioned this way based on still having the suspender buttons on the waistband. Just a guess.

B

This seems very plausible. Al I know is that Ryo and Hiro based their 03 cut on an actual WW2 501 that they own. So I’m assuming it was the same for the WW2 pair that TCB used. 

40 minutes ago, unders said:

485EB7AF-2234-4140-B702-CCD547C3725C.thumb.jpeg.860dff00850faf2bcdde6ec9adcadce2.jpeg

If the stars align I’ll be wearing a slightly bigger pair for the competition and these can go in the denim box for future generations, but in the meantime here’s the newspaper pic for posterity. 

I’m also still hoping to get a hold of a 34. But honestly these have stretched to fairly comfy in just a couple hours....

sadly thighs don’t stretch and I’m assuming the rise would have shrunk a bit more if I could wash/soak warmer and longer. 
at this point they fit me like a high rise 66-47 ish cut...

3 minutes ago, Tiro said:

I’m also still hoping to get a hold of a 34. But honestly these have stretched to fairly comfy in just a couple hours....

sadly thighs don’t stretch and I’m assuming the rise would have shrunk a bit more if I could wash/soak warmer and longer. 
at this point they fit me like a high rise 66-47 ish cut...

Aye. I suspect they could work, but I’ve got used to the lockdown life of wearing loose jeans and regular trips to the fridge whilst home-working. I ain’t giving that up for no contest! 

5 minutes ago, tigerstrom said:

"measure your waist italian style"

I measured my waist british style

= breathe in, pull the tape as tight as it goes, ignore whatever it says, and use the measurement it would have been in the late nineties instead

My kidneys are balanced on top of my lungs until I get enough stretch to fit them back in where they're supposed to be