volvo240thebest

Happy jeans: TCBxSufu S40s WW2 contest thread

Very helpful, @Jared_Lee & @volvo240thebest—I wear a 33 in Cane's and Warehouse, so that corroborates 33 being a likely best choice for these

(Glad I asked for folks' advice, because the size charts would have had me going for a 32)

Just now, Facini said:

I can't see anywhere how much the expected shrinkage is in the inseam??? I wanna get them hemmed for them to be just right out of the gate...

You have to state your post wash desired inseam length and tcb will do the maths for you.
Beware, you do it at your own risk, I woulnd't suggest unless you plan a double cuff or a hefty single cuff.

Thanks Volvo, i'll do that then. I've sort of been ditching the cuff entirely and going for the uncuffed look these days... But it requires them to be juuust right. I'll see if i have it in me to take the chance, otherwise i'll just have to take them as is ;)

I'm in :) taking the week to decide on sizing before ordering. 

Is it possible to get a quote on how much the waist stretches? Since the pair shown in the pictures was sized down they might have shown some post OW stretch? 

From Sweden, like a few already! :)

4 minutes ago, maharu said:

I'm in :) taking the week to decide on sizing before ordering. 

Is it possible to get a quote on how much the waist stretches? Since the pair shown in the pictures was sized down they might have shown some post OW stretch? 

From Sweden, like a few already! :)

Not going to do that because it would stir more confusion and more questions. Refer to one wash measurements or just play the Russian roulette of sizing at your own risk pleaseee :D:D:D

Welcome aboard!

2 minutes ago, volvo240thebest said:

Not going to do that because it would stir more confusion and more questions. Refer to one wash measurements or just play the Russian roulette of sizing at your own risk pleaseee :D:D:D

Welcome aboard!

Fair enough :D

This was the push I needed, both to pick up some TCB (grabbed the 31 OW) and finally register here after lurking for forever.  USA.

4 minutes ago, RunMountainDrew said:

This was the push I needed, both to pick up some TCB (grabbed the 31 OW) and finally register here after lurking for forever.  USA.

Welcome!!!

@julian-wolf I’m a 32 in Warehouse, SDA, SC, LVC, Momotaro and a 31 in FC and Ande Whall. I had a pair of raw TCB 50s in 32 but sold them unworn because the hem was too wide for my taste - they would have been the right size too. If I were to buy a pair of TCB WW2, I’d get a 32 so I think you’re right to go for a 33.

IMPORTANT NEWS:

Ryo made a little mistake on the Tcb international webshop. The jeans price was wrong 25300 JPY (which is the correct price of the jacket) instead of 23650 JPY. He's fixing that and all of you who already paid will get  a partial refund.

Apologies on behalf of Ryo and Tcb :D

@volvo240thebest I'm in, representing sunny Los Angeles, California, here in these United States. 38 x 30 raw ordered. Going to stare at my mailbox until mid-august in the meantime.

Edited by erockisalive

23 already confirmed in 6 hours, I wonder how many numbers we will reach. My sympathy to the dude who will cut all the different pocket bags, he's going to hate all of us :wacko:

Shredwin is in. Representing the dreary 

Seattle, WA 

33x31 one wash! 

Of course I'm in! 

38x26 one wash 

Chicago, IL

Can't wait!

Did I miss a post? Is there a close up of the patch art? 

^ The first post in the thread has drawings

Just ordered 32 OW! I'm so so excited to be a part of my first contest jeans, with my favourite maker, TCB. Representing Canada. 

I’m in!

I think I’m gonna go for 31. Tcb measurements for 31 are really close to my lvc 55s in 32. In case anyone is curious. With .5cm higher rise! 

also for anyone who cares - I own a tcb 50s in 32 and 31 - the 31 looks better on me. 31 it is. 

In regards to hem - I’ve been wanting to get a pair to wear without a cuff but I don’t think this is the pair to do it with. The hem measures .5cm wider than my 31 50s. I’ll have to see how my 517s compare. 

Sorry @TCBINOUE I didn't mention my preferred inseam in my order, but I sent a follow up e-mail!

Just submitted my tux order, woo hoo!
Edit: I submitted the desired hem length with the order but I don't see anything listed on my order confirmation. Any way I can confirm that it was received? :o

Edited by Broark

@Broark hmm I just noticed the same thing. I definitely put in my desired inseam but see no way to confirm it was sent

Maybe we can get a confirmation email from Ryo or something, I'm sure they'll get us sorted.

I have to measure myself tomorrow and figure out sizing, but I’m in as well. Converting cm to freedom units is making my head hurt! 
Oh yeah, in the USA.  Thanks @volvo240thebest and others for organizing so quickly. Looking forward to it!

1 hour ago, Broark said:

Just submitted my tux order, woo hoo!
Edit: I submitted the desired hem length with the order but I don't see anything listed on my order confirmation. Any way I can confirm that it was received? :o

I'm on this peeps. It may be possible that Ryo received everything but inseam doesn't show on the buyer's receipt.

I'll confirm once Ryo gets back to me.

Edited by volvo240thebest

Many of you are ordering one-wash.  No real difference, of course, but interesting.

I have a pair of TCB 50s jeans in 34 and a 50s jacket in 44 (though Hajime shortened the sleeves slightly).  Jeans fit pretty well, but may be a hair tight on a dessert day -- on the fence between 34 and 36.  The thighs look a little trim on the 40s, so may go with 36.  Advice appreciated.

Jacket measurements look good relative to the 50s jacket.  Looks like the 40s is slightly shorter overall, including the sleeves, but has more room in the armholes and chest.  Always wanted a Type 1 and this looks nice, but so does the Ooe chore coat.  If I went for the 40s, I'm guessing size 44, as with the 50s.