Happy jeans: TCBxSufu S40s WW2 contest thread

@Tiro Btw, do u just need the waistband to stretch to raw measurement or u need more?

I got mine way early, so I’ve been tinkering at it due to sheer boredom.  I haven’t done an actual wash cuz the combs are a priority at this point, for me.  But the waistband, I’ve practically hand-wash twice already & right now it’s pliable ... I got it to raw measurements the last time I tried them on,  now I seems waist can go past raw.  Caveat, possibility is much better on bigger sizes cuz there’s more material to work with.

Hope they work out for U, mate!  

1 hour ago, Mtvare said:

If anyone has a pair with a post-wash or OW waist of 82 to 85 cm that they can't make work, let me know.

I’ll keep u posted. They’re still drying.... not sure if they’ll work out for me yet. 

7 minutes ago, BrownMetallic said:

@Tiro Btw, do u just need the waistband to stretch to raw measurement or u need more?

I got mine way early, so I’ve been tinkering at it due to sheer boredom.  I haven’t done an actual wash cuz the combs are a priority at this point, for me.  But the waistband, I’ve practically hand-wash twice already & right now it’s pliable ... I got it to raw measurements the last time I tried them on,  now I seems waist can go past raw.  Caveat, possibility is much better on bigger sizes cuz there’s more material to work with.

Hope they work out for U, mate!  

Not sure yet. I’ll know for sure in the next day or so. The fit was pretty spot on when raw except for the waist that was super tight. 
So I definitely need the waist to stretch back to raw or even beyond...

the rest will be a suprise after they’re dry... :-)

5 minutes ago, el padre said:

I can't match your graffiti @kameisenpai @Nayuta @Uncle Karl, but here's sylvester behind bars for the next 18 months:

83AF5965-92E9-40F2-9769-85D2DE8E9112.thumb.jpeg.d5b2adb568d788040c0090b20d0c534d.jpeg

Amazing! Love it!

6 hours ago, wmb said:

Across the board the fit pictures look great, in my opinion.  It looks like they work really well on the women taking part, I guess due to the high rise.  Glad to see considering all the sizing concerns  

If there’s a prize for “Best Fit” the wimmenz will be the strongest contenders cuz the combo of top block ratio + high rise favor them.  Hell, they could even pull a sized down.

Just now, nycsurfer530 said:

Is the start date the local Japan time or our local time? :biggrin:

ah ffs, it's from your local time of course. Japanese are already taking advantage of the fuse. they're all dremeling fake whiskers and honeycombs!

1 hour ago, volvo240thebest said:

ah ffs, it's from your local time of course. Japanese are already taking advantage of the fuse. they're all dremeling fake whiskers and honeycombs!

Yes, it's 7:25am on the 1st here and I've already sandpapered some arse-whiskers and contrived an artful lightning fade on the coin pocket...

Really, though, can't remember who said it but I share the sentiment: I'm just happy to be alive, participating in something that's bigger than I am in a new pair of jeans. Mrs mondo has already teased me about my grand-dad rise...

3 hours ago, el padre said:

私はあなたの落書きを合わせることができません @kameisenpai なゆた @おじさんカール、しかしここに次の18か月間のバーの後ろのシルベスターがあります:

83AF5965-92E9-40F2-9769-85D2DE8E9112.thumb.jpeg.d5b2adb568d788040c0090b20d0c534d.jpeg

He's very good!Those stripes are used to great effect and he looks like he wants to get out of jail!It's great!

18 hours ago, mandel9000 said:

@olmecasteve, what did your sister use to make the arcs? Looks great!

@mandel9000 Thanks a lot!!!!

She used acrylic paint to paint the arcs.

22 hours ago, Chris T said:

And off with the week:wacko2:

@diggers @kameisenpai@Lori13@Broark@dudewuttheheck - all really good looking trad style fits 

@olmecasteve also + your sister did a great job on the arcs  - 

+++++ for the spirit in the thread which has really covered the info and legitimate worries as well as the anticipation  

Nearly there :) 

@Chris T  Thanks a lot!!! 

7 hours ago, JohnM said:

These are size 36.  My 50s were 34 and a bit tight, so I sized up and am happy.

image.thumb.png.63b8142396670579477ea256390d0e64.png

Superb fit sir! Also do u mind me asking what shirt that is? Looks very nice. 

10 hours ago, BrownMetallic said:

If there’s a prize for “Best Fit” the wimmenz will be the strongest contenders cuz the combo of top block ratio + high rise favor them.  Hell, they could even pull a sized down.

Yes, truth be told - and this is not to minimize other people's sizing issues - these jeans feel more or less exactly like my other size 30 jeans. The waist is indeed a bit smaller but it also sits higher up where I measure less. Could've managed a 29, but I'm very happy with the way things are! 

Anyway, it's on! Busy morning, but I'll get back with my official kick-off picture later. I'll admit that I wore the jeans taking my puppy for a walk around the block late last night. I just couldn't wait... ^_^