2. 2. Patch?

• RJB Black Deerskin
    • Flat Head Natural Goatskin
  3. 3. Buttons?

4. 4. Rivets? (both are copper)

5. 5. Pocketbags?

• Herringbone or RJB fabric
    • Stock RJB pocketbags

Has it been pretty much decided to move towards a straight fit a la 3005 even though it sounds like a custom cut is happening? I ask because all the details Ed put forth above sound awesome but I really need a little taper. Even the 3009 is fairly wide at the the hem for my taste, but the 3005 or any cut with a similar hem width is too much.

Even the 3005 has some taper although it doesn't look like it, the 3009 is just barely not a carrot fit. I'll post up some comparisons when I get home... a mix between the two def makes sense.

Imo this collab idea is about getting amazing denim and details in a cut that is different from all the cuts out there that currently have amazing denim and details, originally huge waist tiny thighs, now turning into "straight up top for some room, but with some taper to wear with modern shoes". the latter option is really for people who should be wearing the 3005 but are so used to taper and slim fits they can't make the jump, although they've realized that tight jeans suck and are not comfortable and are at least willing to "compromise" there.

Anyone who has ever wished they had a really comfy pair of jeans may be disappointed with the 3009 because although it has a big thigh there is a lot of taper, the hem on my 33's was like 7.8" really small, they feel claustrophobic now. I still have them and bought the 3005 (exact same denim, crazy for me) and really wish I would've saved the money and put the time into the 3005 from the beginning.

^ really depends on one's height Ben. I'm 5'6" so my 3009 have an 8.1 inch hem (size 32) due to being hemmed to 27 inches (an accident, actually. 28 would've been better). The taper is more noticeable at longer lengths. Once hemmed up the jeans only taper about half and inch from knee to hem

True but id say the 3005 would be at like 8.75" or so, my size 33 are 9" hemmed at 29.5" inseam, as you'd guess straight jeans don't gain much in terms of hem.

Imo half inch difference max from your jeans now wouldn't be a huge difference. And even though I'm a fan of the 05 I'm starting to like the idea of having a different cut in the arsenal...

Okay yeah that looks more like it!

Edit: it really does look like this is shaping up to be an eternal 811 cut. BIG's measurements are not right, but blueowl seems to be consistent with my pair. only thing is blueowl measures the thigh from the seam, not like BIG.

Edited by SuperJackle

Okay yeah that looks more like it!

Edit: it really does look like this is shaping up to be an eternal 811 cut. BIG's measurements are not right, but blueowl seems to be consistent with my pair. only thing is blueowl measures the thigh from the seam, not like BIG.

Exactamundo!

'Seems a cross between 3005 & 3009 = 811__ w/ a slight more taper @hem.

Some evo pix of the denim would be nice, tho.

Edited by BrownMetallic

Ben, is there any history or reasoning behind RJB putting diamonds on the back pockets? Like are there any significant reasons why diamonds? Or is it just because they just felt like it? Just curious.

RJB is pretty much Googies style, with boomerangs and all that jazz. Pretty much just like the Jetsons... For instance I'm pretty sure this is a vintage clock and it could be something straight out of RJB's catalogue, check out the diamonds.

TxDo2QB.jpg

Edited by itsbenhere

Ok guys please take a look at this and say "I'm out" if you dont like the recent developments. Shouldn't be any huge changes but may change from this:

Deets:

Ok here my input

A cut between 05 and 09 with a medium to high rise arouna 11.25-11.5 front rise and a 15 .25- 15.5 back rise on a size 34

Lht zimbabwe rjb denim

Deerskin natural colored patch

Rjb arcs upside down. In khaki/dark orange colored thread

Double sword red embroidery on back pocket

Black rjb tab on the coin pocket

Iron buttons that will age.

Aged rivets copper

Houndstooth pocket bags.

Flathead branding inside the waist band

Offset back beltloop

Let me know what you guys think

List:

Latest additions added. Let me know if I missed you or put you down for the wrong cut.

Will adjust further when I get confirmation of exact cut from several, but for now the numbers are:

3005 +/- 12
3009 +/- 23

1.Edmond -3005
2.Broark - 3009 or 3005
3.Bradl - 3009 or 3005
4.itsbenhere- 3005
5.Blue Nemo- 3005
6.Foxy2 - 3005
7.clt3 - 3005 or 3009
8.SuperJackle - 3009
9.Volvo240thebest - 3005
10.Max Power (80%! ) - 3009
11.tigerstrom - 3009
12.beautiful_FrEaK - 3009
13.cusswords - 3009
14.ah long - 3009
15.kss447 - 3005
16.ironheartfan123 - 3009
17.Niko Andy - 3005
18.BrownMetallic - 3009
19.eastwest - 3009
20.Hoggreaser - 3009
21.cmboland - 3009
22.FeloniousMonk - 3009
23.geL - 3009
24.tooth - 3009
25.d-rew12 - 3009
26.Karanimal - 3009
27.bclark1620 - 3009(3002 if becomes an option)
28.Davito - 3005
29.Royalp - 3009
30.surf_pr - 3009
31.broala - 3009
32.leswaffles - 3005
33.my_candy_is_free - 3005
34.Isaylor - 3009
35.burnt_goat - 3009

Edited by itsbenhere

If I had the LHT already I wouldn't join either! (btw, can you post some pics of it?)

Also guys really I just added the diamonds option because i love them, there is probably a 2% chance of those going through so don't worry about it!

Even though I was gung-ho for flagship denim since they are not making it anymore I see the LHT as the best option and I think it will be great. Very excited for ed to post evo pics..