2. 2. Patch?

• RJB Black Deerskin
    • Flat Head Natural Goatskin
  3. 3. Buttons?

4. 4. Rivets? (both are copper)

5. 5. Pocketbags?

• Herringbone or RJB fabric
    • Stock RJB pocketbags

I honestly never noticed it was there, but I definitely noticed not having it when I switched to other pairs. They just fell another strip of denim inside the pocket opening with poly-core thread to keep the opening from getting too frayed. I absolutely love that detail now that I'm thinking back. I use my pockets a shitload and on my current 3005's they are showing signs of deterioration already.

Doubt it would make it on this but taped inseams are something I have been lusting over for a while. Why does no one seem to do them? The inseam overclock stitch always comes apart, unravels and on my fullcounts have split and become a gaping hole.

i have both denims and the old denim is a lot flatter, even flatter than TFH 3xxx denim, and the weave feels pretty tight like 3xxx denim, though softer; the blue color on the old denim is nice and includes a turqouise color when fading and also some of the electric blue reminiscent of 3xxx denim

the new rjb denim is lightly slubby all over with an almost yarn-like texture and feels a lot more loose/breathable than the old rjb denim/TFH denim..i actually like the color of the old rjb denim about the same, but the feeling of the new denim is way better imo..and it still fades nicely and in a more subdued/subtle way than the flashier old denim/3xxx denim... 

i actually just looked at both of them side by side and it's very hard for me to tell the difference between them by looking at them, but they feel totally different..the old denim feels almost like sanforized denim compared to the new denim due to the uniform flatness of it

Edited by ironheartfan123

Hi Guys, I would definitely be very interested in this collab. I just hope it won't be too expensive. I am very interested in the 3005 cut. I need more room for my thighs, haha. I actually bought the RJB D102 LTD from the Flat Head store in Tokyo when I was there back in April of this year. I just took some photos now and am in the process of uploading them to my computer. I am going to put them up on the RJB thread. I hope this will be a good example.

This is my first time taking photos of my jeans so I hope it will be ok, lol.

I just have to say, I love the idea of RJB jeans with FH fit. I don't know of any place in the US you can get original RJB jeans, just collabs.

Dessert Hill's Market and Revolution have regular blogs dating back to 2009 that are worth checking out for featuring all the new releases, special make ups and release dates...

Tomorrow, I will have some time a detailed look at some of my pairs here in Moscow.

Dude, we appreciate the support!

Did you go to FH in jiyugaoka or RJB in Daikanyama? I have no clue how but I was able to order the surfer shirt from the dude at FH, even though he spoke 0 English lol. Came in one day and I picked it up right before leaving for the airport.

I really want to check out Nagano, not just for flat head but supposed to be awesome nature... Plus snow monkeys...

Looking forward to the RJB pics to light the fire! You're right, no one really sell them, and we'll get killer fits and awesome details. Can vouch both 3009 and 3005 are awesome depending on your preference and build!

gnomes I promise that if this goes through and you get the 3005 you will NOT be disappointed, provided the rise is long enough. It's a medium rise for sure for how loose the cut is. If you'd like you can do what tmadd did and size up to get more rise, I'm sure you'd wash them enough for it not to matter and the waist wouldn't be an issue.

I can help everyone with the 3009/3005 once I'm back home and you can probably extrapolate the measurements one size up/down (32/34)

Dude, we appreciate the support!

Did you go to FH in jiyugaoka or RJB in Daikanyama? I have no clue how but I was able to order the surfer shirt from the dude at FH, even though he spoke 0 English lol. Came in one day and I picked it up right before leaving for the airport.

I really want to check out Nagano, not just for flat head but supposed to be awesome nature... Plus snow monkeys...

Looking forward to the RJB pics to light the fire! You're right, no one really sell them, and we'll get killer fits and awesome details. Can vouch both 3009 and 3005 are awesome depending on your preference and build!

I went to RJB in Daikanyama. It was a great place. I can't wait till I can go there again. When I was there, I got the last pair of D102 LTD they had and it was in my size, super lucky. After I went to a lot of denim shops in Tokyo, I ended up deciding to buy RJB because I know the quality is amazing and also, they really don't sell online, you have to be there in the store to buy it.

BTW - a Flat Head 3005 in RJB denim seems to have been made previously at least twice:

3005FR (2012 DHM collaboration)

3005FxR (a limited, not exclusive to a single retailer, run from 2014 IIRC)

I made that statement based on Snowy's uTube video. He bought them in Japan and I assumed he had this as a fact from the horses mouth...

Seems like they are not in RJB denim after all - the RJB related blogs are also not explicitly saying that it is RJB or TFH denim.

(I'm wondering if the only RJB aspect of these collaborations are the arcs?)

Yeah it's really dumb. In all these rjb flat head collabs the only rjb aspects are the pirate logo and other stuff like that, not sure who really cares that much about rjb details... And why multiple collabs like that have been made without using the rjb denim.. Seems like it's almost deliberate