3. 3. Buttons?

4. 4. Rivets? (both are copper)

5. 5. Pocketbags?

• Herringbone or RJB fabric
    • Stock RJB pocketbags

Well, based on how the comments kept coming in I think you have a first idea:

- about 25-30 people are interested in a slim, preferably tapered cut

- about 15 people are interested in slim-ish straight cut

- my guess is that some people will switch from their preferred choice of cut if only one cut is possible, but I don't think that all will switch

- if your production run is 50 pairs per cut this might be worth taking the risk for a single shop

- if your production run is +100 pairs per cut this is a big risk for a single store and maybe not worth it...

- preferences about details like arcs are devided as well, with the majority preferring a more quiet, traditional solution

I think the details will not be the show-stopper - it should be possible to find a compromise.

However, the problem with the minimum production run per cut and potentially limiting it to 1 cut could be a show-stopper. This can not be solved here or through specing the details...

Edited by Foxy2

Ok 100 pairs i need .

1 cut only

And we can tweak the cut. (E.g. Higher front and rear rise , less taper , etc etc )

Patch will be designed by YOU! Whoever you are throw in a design.but needs fh and rjb logo on the patch and a small signet logo.

Fabric would be LHT rjb fabric

Jolly roger on back pocket

Fh international arcs ( ill convince them to use rjb arcs) any color stitch though

Kids come on lets get this show on the road.

I think the lht rjb would be the bomb ive seen it before and wow

lollll i don't know how it works I thought working with flat head/rjb is the same is it really two totally different companies? I always figured they were "different companies" but pretty much the same from a retailer view...

Guys fuck flat head arcs there are a billion god damn jeans you can get flat head arcs on and trust me they're worth it after this collab too. I get that peeps dont want diamonds lets just go with the standard RJB levi-esque arcs!!

And Ed do you have examples of how the LHT has faded? Other than just Ooi's pair on instagram

Edited by itsbenhere

Patch will be designed by YOU! Whoever you are throw in a design.but needs fh and rjb logo on the patch and a small signet logo.

Fab

Something like the tcb patch or just plain font? I'll commission my girlfriend to do a patch.

ok wait so this is gonna be an RJB collab right? lets choose fromt he rjb jeans cut too pls. whos gonna start it?

patch  is yes feel free to sketch em out!

Alright, well need to know if this is a strict RJB jean, or TFHxRJB jean. 

I still want the 05/09 haven't looked into RJB cuts, but those both definitely work for me and sounds like everyone else.

So, let me get this right_

• Any FH tie is OUT !?

• Cut will have to be RJB's !?

... but tweaking specs = an entirely NEW RJB cut/model = operation-wise, it'll be a lot more complicated + time-consuming ... +samples have to be done before a full prodn

Edited by BrownMetallic

For me personally I was hoping for something like this:

Cut: 3009 or 3005.

Denim: RJB denim, the LHT seems nice.

Details: One FH arc, one RJB arc, possibly tonal. Or make the FH one two tone like the RJB international arc to have some continuity. Jolly Roger and RJB tab across the coin pocket. Maybe mixed FH and RJB buttons and rivets. And some kind of crazy pocket bag fabric!

That might not speak to everyone, but it's what I had imagined!

I think that way you get some representation from both brands!
And some might think that it's too loud or wild, but think about it. We're talking about The Flat Head and Real Japan Blues.

These are brands that are inherently on the wilder side, so might as well bump it up a notch and roll with the details.

I thought part of the hunger for this collaboration was that the cuts on RJB tend to be too low-rise for most people's tastes or otherwise just not quite right, whereas Flat Head has a number of cuts that people find pretty spot-on. If we're back to just RJB cuts with potentially some modifications, then that seems like a pretty big gamble on the changes being made correctly and everyone still getting the right size in the end.

^Yeah, that's right. If you're tweaking the taper, that's fairly simple.

But, if you're tweaking the top block [for the rise], that is risky & complicated ... the markers will move, re-grade per size, etc... Basically, a NEW untried MODEL, w/c from years of experience makes peeps skeptic & "trigger-shy".

IMO, shooting for a new prodn denim would be simpler & less risky than [that].

^^ ^^^ ... But I don't think that's what Ed is saying. 'Seems. that, it'll have to be strictly RJB x Signet collab__ no FH :(

Edited by BrownMetallic