2. 2. Patch?

• RJB Black Deerskin
    • Flat Head Natural Goatskin
  3. 3. Buttons?

4. 4. Rivets? (both are copper)

5. 5. Pocketbags?

• Herringbone or RJB fabric
    • Stock RJB pocketbags

I think the rise is partially it Maynard, also the front pockets are tiny and hard to get into. I think the hips also have something to do with it because the fly seems to be pulled somewhat tight(admittedly I got a lot of junk in the trunk!) My Rjb's were the same way in the top block; certainly not aimed at fitting a western figure.

Sorry if I come across as bashing FH, I'm certainly not! I'm just hopeful that our custom fit comes closer to something that fits me well!

Edited by SuperJackle

• 2 weeks later...

I'm kinda feeling that way too. I still think this would have been more likely and happened more easily and if we had just done a 3009 cut like the majority wanted and just did straight up flat head details with whatever RJB denim they were willing to let us use. This went way too overboard, IMO.

Well if Ed chimes in and says that all the stuff we've laid out is good to go, I'm definitely still in. 

Overboard how? Sure there's been 15 pages of discussion, but I figure that all that talk helped raise awareness for the fact that this could happen. 3005/3009 cut, normal black deerskin patch, LHT RJB denim sounds awesome and doable to me... Not necessarily that it'll get done, but I don't think any other iteration of this idea would necessarily be any more likely to have worked better.

Personally I just think around the time we decided on a custom cut was when the details got a bit in the way and the whole thing got a tad convoluted. Though I like the measurements of the custom cut in theory, who knows how the sample would have come out, and having to have a sample made may have been an issue as well. I feel like many people might have felt the same in regards to "being still-in pending measurements of the sample".

Went to Signet the other day and had a conversation with the manager and it still seems like it's still happening. Of course it would be better to ask Ed himself but maybe he just needs time to sort things out.

I don't think the details are crazy. Based on votes, it looks like all RJB details, the new RJB LHT denim in a Flat Head cut. What is so wild about that? I would be happy with (and even prefer) a 3009 cut, but floating the idea of a hybrid cut seems reasonable. I really hope we can get it together and have these made. Let's show some solidarity, and not give up, especially before we hear back from Ed.

http://www.corlection.com/2015/10/tfh-x-rjb-x-corl-core-me-2109-slim.html

Looks like Corlection in Sydney is already producing a jean VERY similar

LHT denim

RJB pirate tag

RJB coin pocket

Turquoise FH arcs

3009 cut with slightly more taper.

How is the jean similar at all other than it being RJB? Not trying to be a dick since I've already said it...

But what's special about this jean is:

It's an awesome denim in a cut that is NOT slim. It's between straight and straight tapered, completely different from slim tapered, which is what most jeans with cool denim are. That collab isn't special... if I could fit into those jeans, there are a million other jeans that would be just as appealing to me... and imo those turquoise accents are super ugly.

To mee I see the appeal of this cut as incredible (NOT repro) denim mixed with nice loose cut (rare in itself), with subtle but unique accents (like tonal diamonds) 

How is the jean similar at all other than it being RJB? Not trying to be a dick since I've already said it...

But what's special about this jean is:

It's an awesome denim in a cut that is NOT slim. It's between straight and straight tapered, completely different from slim tapered, which is what most jeans with cool denim are. That collab isn't special... if I could fit into those jeans, there are a million other jeans that would be just as appealing to me... and imo those turquoise accents are super ugly.

To mee I see the appeal of this cut as incredible (NOT repro) denim mixed with nice loose cut (rare in itself), with subtle but unique accents (like tonal diamonds)

Tfh X rjb X a store. Rjb denim with flat head and rjb details in a modified cut. Fairly similar. Thought it would be worth mentioning for those interested since it's fairly similar except much slimmer and FH arcs

• 2 weeks later...