ShAraLeEe

UES Denim

I've wanted the blue check heavy flannel for quite sometime, I visited Rivet and Hide last year to get one but they had none left. Ended up with the Black/wine colour which I love but  still hankered for the blue. Saw them I  stock on the UES website and thought nows the time!

I thought before I order direct and risk the UK customs charge I'd shoot Yuichi at Pirates an email as he has UES shirts. Cut a long story short, emailed him Thursday evening, early hours his time, and he replied to say that he had none in my size but could try for me. Arranged for UES to send him one over, sent me a paypal invoice, shipped and got it the UK by Wednesday morning. Arrived with no customs due......

What a guy!

My wife ordered a shirt from Asos UK on Friday, still hasn't arrived........

Started wearing my 400t's again after concentrating on my Warehouse for a while. They really are great jeans! I just need to get some wear on them. Some of the pics on here have inspired me.

I wore mine yesterday...still one of the best colour tones I've seen so far. I'd definitely would want to wear a new pair once.

@shift3r I was told to size one up for the 400T bush pants. My UES 400T is at 32 and I bought the 400E at size 33...

Edited by alvin_cheong

Any experience with UES sweats? I'm eyeing two up. The raglan sleeve and the pocket sweats.

Great, they look awesome. UES has some of the best fading denim out there.

How does one pronounce "UES"? Their website says it derives from the English word "waste", so is it phonetically something like "ways" (sounding like "race").

Anyways I've been rocking their Type 3 jacket for a few months and I absolutely love it. I'll share pictures once I have some more substantial wear on it.

That's interesting, I always refer to it as U. E. S.

Can anyone confirm?

I also heard about the waste thing, that's how I pronounce it. Could be spoken like U.S. as well and make sense.

I guess the letters are pronounced "oo-ay-ess" in Japan rather than "you-ee-ess"

Denimio stocks some UES models now.

yep, tempted to cop some 400t. whats generally the  sizing  advice on these ? measurements suggest that I size down one.

good idea. I went tts on my pair and it was a big mistake.

I went with my usual size 33 with my pair. I reckon i could certainly get into a size 32 but don't feel it is wrong to go tts.

Guess it depends on how you want the fit to be. 

vTDNxbf.jpg?1

your fit is great. my natural waist floats around 36 and 37 inches. went with size 36, they were loose at the waist and huge everywhere else but the hem. gigantic thigh and hips. let's say I've discovered it's not the best cut for my body.

I had them tailored but I still don't wear them, partly because even if they fit well the ass is still very loose, partly beacuse the denim is not transpirant enough for my taste and for where I live. Pity as the denim fades beautifully.

Well you always learn something...now I I shy away from every single cut which has similar measurements... but I enjoy to see those Ues well worn by others nonetheless.

We live and learn Volvo and it's always better to do so via other people's mistakes!

Is UES serious with that front rise measurement?  9" for a tagged 33 400T.  im shocked

Daft way of measuring UES do, its closer to 11"

How does one pronounce "UES"? Their website says it derives from the English word "waste", so is it phonetically something like "ways" (sounding like "race").

Anyways I've been rocking their Type 3 jacket for a few months and I absolutely love it. I'll share pictures once I have some more substantial wear on it.

I also heard about the waste thing, that's how I pronounce it. Could be spoken like U.S. as well and make sense.

I guess the letters are pronounced "oo-ay-ess" in Japan rather than "you-ee-ess"

Asked the guys when I visited the store yesterday and they said it's just UES, (you ee ess)

They always use manufacturer's measurements and as far as I can remember UES measures the rise without the waistband 

I asked Denimio about their measurements a few weeks ago when an item I was looking at had a size chart that made no sense. They said they just use generic measures supplied by the manufacturer or those that indicate the fit/shape.....

They will however measure specific articles for you and confirm before shipping and I found those to be pretty accurate