Levi's Vintage Clothing

Congratulations SFTD...too bad I've posted the auction and forgot about it later :-)

If they're real deal I would sell them, even if jeans are made to be worn. They're for sure made for that reason, but here you have an antiquity (if they're legit). I've never seen an original in person but I've also never seen a sixty year old jean in this condition, it's a bit unbelieveable. And I always thought 55's got yellowish arcs.

The seller deals with a lot bling-bling stuff for cheap. It's strange that he doesn't know what he was selling.

But what would I do if they're legit? I would talk to the Levis archives. And have a real good deal besides keeping an old but new original in the archives. Can't wait to hear Paul, interesting story.

Congratulations SFTD...too bad I've posted the auction and forgot about it later :-)

If they're real deal I would sell them, even if jeans are made to be worn. They're for sure made for that reason, but here you have an antiquity (if they're legit). I've never seen an original in person but I've also never seen a sixty year old jean in this condition, it's a bit unbelieveable. And I always thought 55's got yellowish arcs.

The seller deals with a lot bling-bling stuff like for cheap. It's strange that if he doesn't know what he was selling.

But what would I do if they're legit? I would talk to the Levis archives. And do a real good deal besides keeping an old but new original in the archives. Can't wait to hear Paul, interesting story.

Dr. House I was watching em before you posted the link and then thought, okay now there´s no chance anymore to get em for "reasonable price" but I had bad damn luck that people like Pault hadn´t been around for identifying them;)

still people here are in doubt of the real age... why should those be repros? the only pair of US-LVC that showed is the 1962 551zxx, and Japan 1955 LVC.

Right now, I decide no to wear em, it´s like someone said before, you can´t restore them, maybe this pair is one 10 pairs left deadstock.

thank you guys for your big response:)

SFTD exactly man...I cant even remember the last time a saw a nice pair of 'every garment guaranteed' with the patch still intact,. there are hundreds of deadstock late 60's early 70's big e lying around, but this is a gem.

Levis archives is the last thing you want to do! bang them on eBay and take the Mrs on holiday!

Jeans are meant to be worn but in this case you have a jem that should be preserved for future generations to admire at (by you or some japanese whatever) so hang or store them for viewing pleasure, donate them to Levis archive or sell them for a shitload of profit but I wouldnt wear them if they are truly genuine

dr, house of course the got hidden rivets, unless i coudln´t distinguish em from other pairs... there is no tag inside... one thing that also makes me sure is use of cotton threat... and during the times of cold war many us soldiers came to western germany, doing their military service... it´s very possible that a soldier brought this pair to germany, in fact everybody knows that this was the key for success of denim in brd... i´d love to know what story is behind this little treasure.

Found this pull over today if anyone was interested I'd be able to proxy it for $60 shipped. Not sure when its from but it is a size medium. Also will be selling a pair of 47s size 34 x 34 once soaked with very little wear for $150 shipped. PM me if interested.

picsay-1313184409.jpg

A denim popover, early 1900s, from 1999 or early 2000.

Levi flagship in SF

Oh. I see how it is. Can't say hello or anything.

Thanks for sharing I think they are completely legit if only the seller knew! poor guy!

Put these to about 1955-62 and defiantly have US military connections being in germany probably from a Postal Exchange store like my ones.

http://bluegoldblues.com/post/5732130285/1966-67-big-e-levis-501-rare-model

The last deadstock 50's pair (with leather tag mind) on the bay went for $5000!

some additional pics of my 1950s 501xx:

Absolutely beautiful! I was gonna say wear 'em when that conversation was taking place, but now I think I'd put them aside and find a beat up pair if you want to wear vintage.

Note to LVC, the denim for your 55s needs to be darker and heavier, and the pocket material needs to be much heavier. My Sugar Cane 66 look more like these vintage jeans than any of my LVC ever has.

Absolutely beautiful! I was gonna say wear 'em when that conversation was taking place, but now I think I'd put them aside and find a beat up pair if you want to wear vintage.

Note to LVC, the denim for your 55s needs to be darker and heavier, and the pocket material needs to be much heavier. My Sugar Cane 66 look more like these vintage jeans than any of my LVC ever has.

it´s really disapointing that prices for lvc jeans raised that high,( that i can´t afford em anymore and even if I could I´d never spent more than 200euro for a pair of blue jeans), and still not able to produce authentic reproductions. the only denim of the total line that came was in use for the early late 90s repros but still didn´t show up with this beatiful slubs...

Just gotta echo everyone else in saying how awesome those jeans are and how well you made out! Would it be possible for you to share the full resolution images of the jeans that you posted earlier in the thread?

It's the first time I've seen such clear shots of such a nice pair of deadstock jeans and I've love to just stare at them.... It's kind of fun seeing which pairs of Japanese repros look the most like these.

hi folks,

i think i keep em for myself somewhere in a box and maybe one day put em on the wall in glass coffin;)

to the dating: those must be made in the late 50s because the "every garment guarranteed"on the patch disapeared in 1960.

Ah, you're right! Do you've checked the rivet details? Maybe a jean from '59, the best Les Pauls are from that time ;-) You're lucky guy, at least in jeans...