Levi's Vintage Clothing

I was aking for that pair too a few days ago. Good to see a guy from the "family" got it :-)

Let us know more, I thought it was a pair from the 70's...:confused:

here some extra pics:

img0655pe.jpg

img0658ei.jpg

img0660ur.jpg

img0665c.jpg

img0664bq.jpg

img0659k.jpg

img0668y.jpg

img0661wk.jpg

I´m into denim for nearly ten years now and pretty sure that those are made during the 1950s, the trademark R appeared in 1953 by the way...

Noooooo Please Do Not Wear Them!!!!!!

(if they are real) that is such an unbelievable find, i cannot believe that they did not go for more even the german vintage dealers should of seen that one... but something is telling me the stitching should be more yellow? and I've never seen 20 stamped on a top button.

Its interesting though..some of the best vintage levis Ive come across are from Germany, prob due to the heavy US post war activities and PX stores etc!

really really well done if they are legit,... eBay them man... let them sit untouched in a cabinet in tokyo...

Wearing deadstock vintage jeans is a tough call. Let's say you have a vintage original car... sure drive it, and when it wears out you can restore it... back to new condition. But deadstock jeans you can wear, but you can't "restore" them.. once they're worn out, they're worn out...

But again, it's your call.

if they are indeed deadstock originals it would be very expensive to wear them. also that paper patch is liable to crumble. back in the 90's when they were more plentiful and cheaper i wore several vintage originals. here's what i can tell you; the paper patches may look mint but many break into pieces with any stress at all. second i have sold most of mine but for a lot less than i would have gotten had i left them deadstock/unworn.

Here is the deal, he got something special. He could have the pleasure of wearing them or put them on the shelf and look at them. Jeans aren't made to be 'looked at'. We can't sit here and argue semantics and split hairs. But when the jeans were manufactured, they were manufactured with the sole purpose of being worn. Sure, people collect them. But even if he sold them they're gonna get worn. They might end up in someones collection somehwere unworn, but thats a travesty. If HE didn't wear them no one here is gonna see them get worn.

There are first pressings of albums like 'Kind of Blue' etc ... sealed, never played, MINT. Worth all sorts of money. But honestly can you appreciate the genius of these albums if they are sealed? NO, you can't!

I say wear them, or sell them to someone who will.

heads up to anyone who may be interested. i have raw 1971 LVC 517's and have liked mine a lot. there is a guy on EBAY selling raw orange tab 1971 LVC 517's for 89.99 shipping incl. he has two pair of 36/34 left if someone wants them.