Levi's Vintage Clothing

Been meaning to upload these pictures from the Levi's headquarters...I believe some might have been posted by another member before but figured I'd throw these up as well...

5992532373_60acdfd830_z.jpg

Aho- what did you think of the new addition to the Vault- the mannequins wearing contemporary outfits labeled "Similar to a look featured by a cast member of Glee"?

Historic stuff, no?

Much better than the 1901 duck jumper display it replaced.

Little repair work on my 55s yesterday. Nearly was a disaster. Hole opened up at the end of one of the whiskers a month ago, and has steadily gotten bigger, to the point I needed to do something about it.

dsc00980z.jpg

By setterman at 2011-08-02

Felt that trying to sew a patch on inside at the area of the jeans would be a pain, so I decided to go with an iron on patch. After it was ironed on, I stitched around the edges to make sure it would stay on good. After all this was done, and I go outside in day light and realized I scorched the denim around the patch. Fuck! Wound up spraying some Oxy Clean pre-treatment on the discolored areas, and going at them with a brush, then tossing them in the wash for the second day in a row. Came out looking much better, though there's still a slight bit of brown discoloring around the patch.

dsc00986pd.jpg

Thing is now, thanks to my scrubbing the whisker below it is about to wear through, and there's a thin spot right above the patch. Might be doing some more repairs there soon!

dsc00991qy.jpg

They look great setterman. Where do you get those iron-on denim patches?

Any shop that sells yarn, sewing and knitting DIY stuff will carry patches like those, only thing is you gotta walk in there as the only men in the shop and probably leave your testicles at the counter :P

Any shop that sells yarn, sewing and knitting DIY stuff will carry patches like those, only thing is you gotta walk in there as the only men in the shop and probably leave your testicles at the counter :P

HA! It's not quite that bad, but I was definitely getting the cold shoulder from the ladies that work there. It was obvious I was not welcome in their realm!

Sorrry about that, I meant 37's. I've had them about 3 years now but never worn them. I started on LVC's but branched out thinking they were too plain but now realize you cant replicate/duplicate the original.

What do you mean exactly? I know them only from my LVC catalogue, seems they're quite slimmer cutted.

I've seen them recently and they didn't look slim to me, they were quite loose like most LVC cinchbacks. They're oversized too.

Paul T has described them briefly in his 501 guide and neither airfrog nor Dr Heech were overly impressed by them according to posts in this thread (if you can find them). The stitching is very pale, almost white and the denim (Cone I believe) was very flat, 2D looking. There's no chainstitched hem either. I'd rather have the '33s but if you can get them for cheap they'd be a good, unusual addition to your growing LVC collection.

They have pics on the aeroleather website too. Hope that's useful.

@lance: thanks buddy, they're my favourite pair atm.

@Maynard Friedman: thanks for the information. I've got my (downsized) 37's and of course my ROYxCONEs (still working on both pairs), there is no real need for another cinchback...but I like them from the historical point of view. If there is no chainstitch they've done it for authenticity 4sure. If I ever find a pair in my size for cheap I'll go for it, but I'm in no hurry.

Just received a 67 505 from cultizm. I've never seen this tag, maybe something new for FW '11? Or is this standard with the 505?

I have to say I really like the 505 so far, great fit. Might become my 2nd favorite LVC after the 47. And the 505 isn't as pricy as the other raw products. (I know they're pre shrunk and made in Turkey...)

foto1xgv.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

foto2kd.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

As I don't have any experience with those I can't really say something about the denim compared to other season's 67s. Color is a nice greyish blue (not as blue as a raw 55 say, kind of like a 47 - I really like that). Fabric feels very nice and solid. I think the overall quality is good (seems etc.)*. So for 160 € it's a good deal, IMO. They are nearly true to tagged size, so my W36 measures about 35,4 inches. As they are not the lowest rise jean I think it's a good idea not to size down to the extreme.

Color is quite accurate on my pic - quality is bad though(iPhone...).

img0661xa.jpg

* As to quality of LVC: I really like my Pantaloons - from outside everything seems perfect, the details (rivets) are especially great. But inside, they cut into to the selvadge so that it basically unwinds itself nearly all the way down. I guess I have to repair it some time before it reaches the seam that holds the fabric together.

I've seen them recently and they didn't look slim to me, they were quite loose like most LVC cinchbacks. They're oversized too.

Paul T has described them briefly in his 501 guide and neither airfrog nor Dr Heech were overly impressed by them according to posts in this thread (if you can find them). The stitching is very pale, almost white and the denim (Cone I believe) was very flat, 2D looking. There's no chainstitched hem either. I'd rather have the '33s but if you can get them for cheap they'd be a good, unusual addition to your growing LVC collection.

They have pics on the aeroleather website too. Hope that's useful.

I can 2nd that, have a pair and they're very very oversized. They're not really baggy like the 33's, I'd call them roomy :P

26-04-2011_levis_sunsetjack_cinamon_det__0002_..jpg

Any idea where I can find this in a medium (in Europe preferably, I emailed Nomad about international shipping rates, waiting for a reply)? I was going to buy it today after some people paid for stuff on eBay and then they sold out.