Levi's Vintage Clothing

^I checked some recent LVC stuff- I believe that the tag on yours (with the scissors icon) started in 2010, and the date on all of mine is on the second numbers line underneath the digits in parenthesis, So yours should have been manufactured on 4/3/2010. Perhaps they made two different batches that year.

^I checked some recent LVC stuff- I believe that the tag on yours (with the scissors icon) started in 2010, and the date on all of mine is on the second numbers line underneath the digits in parenthesis, So yours should have been manufactured on 4/3/2010. Perhaps they made two different batches that year.

I'd bought and returned another pair of these 1944's earlier this year, which had the green bags, and were sized quite a bit smaller than these (at the same tagged size)... Should have kept those! :)

Perhaps these are Spring/Summer 2010 and the others were Fall/Winter 2010?

Anyway, hope they find a good home.

Just to play devil's advocate-

I used to work at a hydro shop that also sold some houseplants, and the owner always told the greenhouse not to spray the plants with horticultural oil or soap (both of which are/contain contain oil) before shipping them (The oil makes them shiny and healthy-looking). When I asked her why, she told me that the oil treated plants got dirty faster, as the dirt adhered to the oil film, and they were therefore harder to clean afterwards.

As Bronner's does leave a slight oily film, even after rinsing -my face can attest to this- I would would guess, and my own anecdotal experience agrees, that denim washed in Bronner's or another oily soap gets dirty faster after a wash and the dirt adheres more than if it were washed with, say, Woolite or another mild non-oil -based soap.

Sounds interesting and true. I use a regular, good washing powder with no bleach and all my jeans are looking great. For the first washes I use ecover. It's an ecological product, of course with no bleaching substances and it contains no oil. Both products work perfect. I guess the wash discussion is a bit overrated and I'm sure the guys in the older days give a dam about washing procedures. I wash my jeans when they're dirty, sometimes I only soak 'em but I always (if the weather allows it) leave 'em hang drying outside in the sun and the wind.

I don't think anyone wants to see this, I still feel like posting it. Destroy! Die! Mongoloid! We are losing day light.

These are my 44's, about one and a half year old. Worn daily. Soaked in a gentle detergent maybe three times. The lighting isn't very good. I don't want to go out today.

These jeans are very good. I'm very happy with them, I've grown into them and they have grown into me. I have rashes on my thighs from them, but that's OK. These jeans give me friendship as well.

daczlego3.jpg

daczlego.jpg

daczlego2.jpg

Look like 1955s to me - paper patch and offset belt loop. I'm viewing through an iPhone and can't make out details too well but assume they have hidden rivets. If not, then 66s - the arcuates are pretty shallow.

Look like 1955s to me - paper patch and offset belt loop. I'm viewing through an iPhone and can't make out details too well but assume they have hidden rivets. If not, then 66s - the arcuates are pretty shallow.

Yep, I thought that too...the seller says it's an original from the 60s or 70s.

rashes? I think you need to wash them, or soak all the soap out.
Really man, you want honeycombs on your jeans, not hives on your thighs.
those looks fantastic! But rashes? Did you wash the detergent out enough?

I don't really have a rash from wearing them. I was spicing my post up a little is all. They do itch at times though, but nothing really bad. These jeans actually smell decent too, I find that a bit surprising.

And thanks. Sorry I couldn't snap them with better lighting though. Maybe some other day.

Yeah, it looks more like a 50's than a 60's jean, but you can see the "R" on the red tab if you look close, and that appears afaik first in the early 70's. Too bad that Paul is on vacancies...

Yeah, it looks more like a 50's than a 60's jean, but you can see the "R" on the red tab if you look close, and that appears afaik first in the early 70's. Too bad that Paul is on vacancies...

I think the 'R' dates back before that when appearing with the word 'LEVI'S' - check some of your LVC. it was just the plain 'R' on a blank red tab that was introduced in the 70s for copyright reasons.

EDIT: just checked the Denim Gospel according to Paul T. On p120 it states that the 'R' symbol was absent on most originals.

A bit blue black stuff:

dsci1539.jpg

dsci1541a.jpg

dsci1543.jpg

dsci1542.jpg

dsci1540.jpg

Great, isn't it?

Aeroleathers did a great job- the whole lining is replaced with a new one, a bit thicker than the original lining. It's not an easy job to do...They also sew in new pocket linings and everything is made just perfect ! Uh, and they didn't forget to resew the lovely Levi's tag!

I think the 'R' dates back before that when appearing with the word 'LEVI'S' - check some of your LVC. it was just the plain 'R' on a blank red tab that was introduced in the 70s for copyright reasons.

EDIT: just checked the Denim Gospel according to Paul T. On p120 it states that the 'R' symbol was absent on most originals.

Hi, just calling in from a swish hotel after our Golf broke down. Haven't looked at the pics, but the 'R' symbol appears, with Levi's script, on the red tab around 53 IIRC. It is the R symbol without the script that appears later, can't remember when as I'm in non-denim mode, maybe the 70s.

I am wearing my 44 jorts though...