Levi's Vintage Clothing

I guess I don't mind the 'rightside out' fades on a pair of jeans. Honestly, if you're going for authentic looking fades they probably were washed in the machine and weren't turned inside out. I think those jeans you posted look great Doc, good luck getting your pair to that point.

Which model jeans do you currently have? I know your collection is growing!

1890 Raw

1901 'Saddle Sore' finish

1915 raw

1917 raw

1927 finished dunno which

1933 rider's run finish

1937 raw (my favourites)

1947 raw

1947 finished (2 different styles...)

1954 raw

1955 finished

1966 Drab finish

1967 505 raw X 2 (also my favourites ^^ )

1920 Lot 66 overalls, raw

Mine are from 2007 season and still unworn, I only bought them recently and they're in the queue.

I think the leg opening on 37s is too wide for stacking.

Here's a frontal view of the hem of my 37's, worn a bit over a month (sorry for cellphone quality):

dsci1549.jpg

You can see how the stacks are molding. As well as the whiskers:

dsci1550.jpg

...and the honeycombs. Guess how those wearmarks will look after two or three more months!

dsci1551t.jpg

And yes, model year of my pair is 2008.

b8.png

Eltopo, do you ever wear that shirt untucked? I recently picked one up and it's SUPER fucking long on me. I think the shirt is absolutely beautiful though. The sleeves are really long on me too, so I am going to get the sleeves shortened to be a perfect fit, and I'll either tuck the shirt in, or rock in out and try to make it work.

Ps... That shirt and pants and rope belt combo is awesome.

dr. did you add suspender buttons to those 37's?

...yep, the original snap on buttons.

Finally ordered 47 501 from cultizm last night. How much shrinkage should I expect from sz 36? Hopefully they will shrink a lot... I want the hem to be below 8.5 inches...I believe they were 9 for raw.

2 inches waist-, 3 inches inseamwise.

It is a Levi's LVC shirt from this past season. It's called the Workman's Shirt. The only store that has it to my knowledge in the US is the Levi's Union Square store in San Fran. Last time I checked in the system at work they had 1 Medium, 3 Larges and 1 Extra Large left. It's $209. (thanks to Roy6 for the heads up on the shirt)

b8.png

Eltopo, do you ever wear that shirt untucked? I recently picked one up and it's SUPER fucking long on me. I think the shirt is absolutely beautiful though. The sleeves are really long on me too, so I am going to get the sleeves shortened to be a perfect fit, and I'll either tuck the shirt in, or rock in out and try to make it work.

Ps... That shirt and pants and rope belt combo is awesome.

Thanks for the compliments guys. It is a rather long untucked but I think that was common with some of the older shirts. Roy6 or Paul T may know more about that. I think either way tailored or not it is a great shirt. Attack you will be happy either way. I normally roll my sleeves but on this trip is was super helpful to have them super long because the black flies were everywhere.

Hey guys, remember those:

http://cgi.ebay.de/tolle-original-LEVIS-501-Jeans-BIG-E-W-31-L-36-NEU-/250865041279?pt=DE_Herren_Jeans&hash=item3a68b8bf7f

haven´t been around here for a while but it´s unbelieveable I got those for such a bargain.

...always was so cheap(for I´m a student) I couldn´t even afford any LVC by a retail prices and now I got an original deadstock 1950s pair... pics later =)

kind regards

Hey guys, remember those:

http://cgi.ebay.de/tolle-original-LEVIS-501-Jeans-BIG-E-W-31-L-36-NEU-/250865041279?pt=DE_Herren_Jeans&hash=item3a68b8bf7f

haven´t been around here for a while but it´s unbelieveable I got those for such a bargain.

...always was so cheap(for I´m a student) I couldn´t even afford any LVC by a retail prices and now I got an original deadstock 1950s pair... pics later =)

kind regards

I was aking for that pair too a few days ago. Good to see a guy from the "family" got it :-)

Let us know more, I thought it was a pair from the 70's...:confused:

I think Paul T clarified this, the 'R' first appeared on the tab in conjunction with the word 'LEVI'S' in the 50s. The 'R' on a blank red tab, ie no text appeared in the 70s for patent reasons re the red tab itself.

How can you be sure those jeans are originals and not repros beyond what the seller says?

6031849132_93d2c79331_o.jpg

Ouch. Not every Levi's garment is worthy of repro. What's next- a whole season of Panatela items? The polyester is already making me itch.

It is a Levi's LVC shirt from this past season. It's called the Workman's Shirt. The only store that has it to my knowledge in the US is the Levi's Union Square store in San Fran. Last time I checked in the system at work they had 1 Medium, 3 Larges and 1 Extra Large left. It's $209. (thanks to Roy6 for the heads up on the shirt)

Also at ABfits:

http://abfits.com/shop/?page_id=3&category=15&product_id=77

Thanks for the info on the Workman's Shirt. I must be f*cking mental to pay that much for a shirt that I haven't seen in real life, but I did order one. In my defense, I did go to the Meatpacking Store to try to have a look and was told they didn't carry the "fashion line."