Levi's Vintage Clothing

how's that even possible to achieve???? LVCs are very hard to evolve...sigh...

soaks only, and few and far between.

they look nice laid flat, but I wonder how they look worn. I don't think the '37 cut lends itself to stacking.

i think a lot of it has to do with the denim. to my thinking the 37' has had more denim variations than any other model. i have 2 pairs from 2005-06, the denim is heavy like on a 44. these broke in very well. i bought a later pair of 37's from 2009 and on these the denim is lighter weight and not as deeply dyed. these are proving tougher to break (contrast) and i'm pretty sure they won't turn out as nice.

i think a lot of it has to do with the denim. to my thinking the 37' has had more denim variations than any other model. i have 2 pairs from 2005-06, the denim is heavy like on a 44. these broke in very well. i bought a later pair of 37's from 2009 and on these the denim is lighter weight and not as deeply dyed. these are proving tougher to break (contrast) and i'm pretty sure they won't turn out as nice.

You're right for sure. My 37's (I guess they're made in 2008, not sure yet, bought in spring this year) are lightweights (like the originals), great quality and great colour. But I have to agree, at the beginning I was sure they won't break in easily. I've re-starched the areas around the honeycombs, upper thighs and the stacking zone and whoppa, now they start to break in pretty nice. My pair is a 36" inseam and I let them stack, no problem. Uh, and the beautiful pair in my pic below is an original from the Levi Strauss archives.

how's that even possible to achieve???? LVCs are very hard to evolve...sigh...

Good to hear from you, Pasko. I can't see any problems breaking in LVCs, why?

@eltopo: great as always, wonderful pics, wonderful mood, wonderful clothing.

I was actually wearing my 37's today since they're not getting a lot of love. I do love the leg opening of them... even thought I don't have much fade to them, I do have some leg twist. Mine are very lightweight, mine are also from 2008

Correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I remember 37's was made from 10 oz. pre/ 12 oz. Denim post soak, right? So those older 37's are true to the originals. I wear my pair tts (and they are pretty tight in the waistband after soak, tagged size 32"/real size 30.5") but I love the cut and they've stretched out perfect. I've soaked them pretty hot the first time, now they're more wearable for my liking than the regular workwear cuts. And I'm sure they'll fade better cuz' they fit tighter. My pair will be worn a long time without wash to achieve this great dirty look below, sorry, I've got to show them again ;)

dsci1547.jpg

I was actually wearing my 37's today since they're not getting a lot of love. I do love the leg opening of them... even thought I don't have much fade to them, I do have some leg twist. Mine are very lightweight, mine are also from 2008

So are mine and they have quite a lot of leg twist and fade nicely, whiskers forming after some six mths of reg wear. Not dramatically though.

And indeed; the light weight is very nice for summer :-)

That looks quite nice, as well. I personally like the fit of the jacket - at least in this pic. Where did you find it? Is there a site that has most of the autumn/winter stuff?

No, still no website. I do a search from time to time and yeah, sometimes I find something new...

That coat's not bad Stefan.

What's in your own LVC collection at the moment?

What do you mean exactly, buddy?

1915s (my current summer jeans)

1937s

1955s

and awaiting those 1944s

Plus a navy shawl collar jacket.

I recently gave away some 201s that I bought in 2005 and never wore because they were too big. My brother-in-law was happy!

I think that'll do for me, for now...

I find them relatively slim fitting compared to some of my other jeans, especially when they come out of the wash, but as you know they're lightweight and stretch out quite easily. I have quite big thighs so usually favour looser cuts. I wanted these for the exposed rivets/cinch/suspender buttons/no belt loop combination, plus they were Cone denim (unlike the very similar 1901s).

I like them but probably wouldn't get another pair, if I wanted something similar in future, I'd buy the 33s.

I saw a new wash of the 54 501 at oki-ni and thought it was pretty cool, don't you think?

http://www.oki-ni.com/mens-denim-jeans/levis-vintage-clothing-1954-501-stone-mountain-selvedge-jean/invt/lev0911den/

Not one of my favorites. I don't like the long vertical veins (is that supposed to be washing machine damage/creases?) and what's with the perfectly matching wear spots at each pockets? Combs are horrible.

Not one of my favorites. I don't like the long vertical veins (is that supposed to be washing machine damage/creases?) and what's with the perfectly matching wear spots at each pockets? Combs are horrible.

I guess you're right, those vertical lines look like washed outside-out.