Levi's Vintage Clothing

I just received the one in indigo, sleeves are crazy short!

also the milky white henley. both made in Portugal, quality looks good but the fabric of the henley is really thin

hanon...I know the Levi store in SF and Unionmade expect to get them soon. Interesting that cultizm isn't going to carry them.

I guess Cultizm had some bad experiences trying to sell bucklebacks...

hanon...I know the Levi store in SF and Unionmade expect to get them soon. Interesting that cultizm isn't going to carry them.

I've missed something somewhere.... what is cultizm not going to carry?

Am I under the right impression that If I buy 1947 501 in Rigid, its measurements will come out to be same or similar to washed versions of 1947 501?

Washed versions are made in different factories from the raw so you can't take them as a guide.

If they're current production they will be true to size - size up by one inch from your normal post-soak waist. Adn as Roy says safest way is to measure them; MOre here.

Washed versions are made in different factories from the raw so you can't take them as a guide.

If they're current production they will be true to size - size up by one inch from your normal post-soak waist. Adn as Roy says safest way is to measure them; MOre here.

Yeah, measurements are essential: My rigid 47's are tagged 33", measures 32" when raw and shrink to 30.5"after soak (but stretch back to my real 32"waist while wearing). Even prewashes differ a lot sizewise, the prewashed 66 "rodeo hero" e.g. is tagged 30" and measures nearly 32"- just an example how strange LVC measurements are.

Anyone familiar with when and where this type one jacket was made? I recently picked it up second hand. Figured it must be Japanese LVC.

hEHKI.jpg

sSBfO.jpg

it does appear to be japanese levi's according to the tag it was made in jan 1993 predating lvc. appears to be a copy of the wartime s506xx.

Yeah, measurements are essential: My rigid 47's are tagged 33", measures 32" when raw and shrink to 30.5"after soak (but stretch back to my real 32"waist while wearing). Even prewashes differ a lot sizewise, the prewashed 66 "rodeo hero" e.g. is tagged 30" and measures nearly 32"- just an example how strange LVC measurements are.

There is my dilemma. I usually wear size 34 denim and i tried 34 and they were bit tight in the waist. So I figured i need to get 36. But the fit of 36 was too baggy and i wasn't sure they would shrink to the point i want them to be. And i tried 33 just for the sake of it and i could button the waist. If they stretch back to the original waist should i get 34? I'm thinking 35 would he perfect but they don't have that..

I was bored, tonight. Found some pics from a month or so ago. I've been wearing my '47s from 2006 (bought in '08) very sporadically. They're my favorite jeans, and I'm kind of afraid of blowing them out too fast. :-)

My buddy took a nice pic of them hanging over the door.

imag0497o.jpg

...aaand here's a couple blurry pics I took.

20110709121517.jpg

20110709123844.jpg

Fades are starting to peak through. Amazing pair of jeans.