Levi's Vintage Clothing

Went to the Mike Harri's book signing at the Levi's store in Malibu. I got to meet VP of the XX devision Dave Coury. Super nice guy and so passionate about the brand. He really hit it off with Mike and enjpyed seeing some of Mike's collection. In case you guys are interested, I blogged about it.

http://farhadsamari.com/blog/?p=265

Cheers!!!

Just snagged a pair of 55s from Hideout at a great price. No more jeans this decade!

Haha. Wishful thinking... But a great pickup, nonetheless. Almost snagged some 55s onsale online, but elected to buy a pair of Quoddy windsor bison boots for $146(!) instead. Part of me wishes I'd gotten those jeans, as I'm sure I'll regret passing once I see some updates from the likes of Vin, erk, and co.

I'm in the market for a LVC 1967 Type III jacket. How do I determine which year a jacket is and are there large differences between each release in the LVC line or any variations that I should be aware of before purchasing? Also how's the shrinkage when hot washing? I believe these are already preshrunk?

Also, anyone have any leads to retailers with a "good" price? I checked Ebay and they're around $180.

1) 555 is the most desirable, followed by the later USA made, later ones were made in Turkey 2) i think they only did a 62 & 67 model the 62 will be labeled 557 the 67 70505 3) any shrinkage is negliable buy your true size. these turn up on ebay, i've seen NWT 555's sell at reasonable prices, the same or cheaper as the new made in Turkey ones. if you look you can find one. if it were me i'd scout around for a 555 model. i had one and it was real nice but i sold it because it was a little big on me.

I'm in the market for a LVC 1967 Type III jacket. How do I determine which year a jacket is and are there large differences between each release in the LVC line or any variations that I should be aware of before purchasing? Also how's the shrinkage when hot washing? I believe these are already preshrunk?

Also, anyone have any leads to retailers with a "good" price? I checked Ebay and they're around $180.

Don't mess with 555 - buy an original. I got a zero-wash 557 Big E for maybe $200.

Don't mess with 555 - buy an original. I got a zero-wash 557 Big E for maybe $200.

that is sound advice but he asked about LVC. an original is the way to go if you can find a dark one in your size. if you're above a size 44 you may have to go LVC to find one that fits.

yeah forget the repro... you can get original ones for less than $50 on eBay or any decent vintage clothing store.

Would happily give you one of mine for $180! haha

been meaning to ask, do you have a shop on ebay/etsy? I've admired a lot of your finds and wanted to check them out.

I'll third the buy vintage notion. I've never come across any deadstock jackets, but in the past 6-8 months have found close to 10 excellent jackets and pairs of jeans just hanging out on the rack at bergdorf goodwill.

been meaning to ask, do you have a shop on ebay/etsy? I've admired a lot of your finds and wanted to check them out.

I'll third the buy vintage notion. I've never come across any deadstock jackets, but in the past 6-8 months have found close to 10 excellent jackets and pairs of jeans just hanging out on the rack at bergdorf goodwill.

Glad you like my finds! I do occasionally flog a few bits on the bay but mostly I collect whatever I can find and trust me there isnt much to be found in England!

A few months ago I found a deadstock yellow stitched Big E jacket for £40!

Its funny how cheap type 3 jackets are... compared to type 2's and big E 501's.

Any one got a theory on why that is? Its big E after all...

Glad you like my finds! I do occasionally flog a few bits on the bay but mostly I collect whatever I can find and trust me there isnt much to be found in England!

A few months ago I found a deadstock yellow stitched Big E jacket for £40!

Its funny how cheap type 3 jackets are... compared to type 2's and big E 501's.

Any one got a theory on why that is?

production! Levis went about setting up a great deal of regional factories in the 60's & 70's to address demand so i am quite certain that they produced and distributed a lot more garments than previously in the 30's & 40's. more jackets than jeans survived because they were worn less and the pickers let a lot of the later stuff pass focusing on the earlier models.

I find little e's often, Big E's not so often as I use to. But it's not out of the norm. There are a ton of them out there... just look and ye shall find.

I'm surprised to read that original big E Type III's pop up so frequently in US thrift stores, I have never ever come across one over here, although I'd love to have one. Please, anyone, if you happen to know where to find one in XL and are willing to proxy and ship, please send me a PM!

I'm surprised to read that original big E Type III's pop up so frequently in US thrift stores, I have never ever come across one over here, although I'd love to have one. Please, anyone, if you happen to know where to find one in XL and are willing to proxy and ship, please send me a PM!

They won't be XL... more like 44 or 46.. I've never found a 48. Plus you can get them in Long too...

wondering if anyone could tell me anything about these jeans i found yesterday at goodwill...lots of conflicting details...redline selvedge, small e tab, leather tag, 643m on back of top button...so from that, i know that they aren't repro's...but not sure what to make of them...any help would be appreciated.

501stag.jpg

501sfront.jpg

501sinsidetag.jpg

501sinsidetag2.jpg

501sselvedge.jpg

I was thinking gas station attendant, or painters... though painters would have worn coveralls. It just looks too light colored to be duck cotton IMO.

Cotton duck will fade away after a lot of washing and time in the sun. There was a really faded one on the Sanforized blog earlier today:

o0800080010336853637.jpg

UPDATE : You can see it even has the same cord details on the pockets and sleeves!