Levi's Vintage Clothing

Ok, these are the chinos that PaulT was asking for fit pics of. Not that the other folks weren't appreciated. These are the Stone Chino from LVC that Paul picked up at the sample sale a few weeks ago. I actually really like them but haven't had chance to wear them much, they are too nice for work.

DSCN1558.jpg

Cultizm now sells raw models at 250€ (Germany). If the price now platoes the next few seasons, it's okay but I think I wouldn't pay more.

Does anyone have figures how raw models sold compared to finished ones and how profitable shirts etc were over the last seasons?

I'm looking into getting a pair of '67 606s, but can't find sizing info anywhere. Bay measurements have them either true to size or an inch over. Anyone have experience with these, sizing, fit (or just opinion)-wise?

Roy i had a pair i bought and returned a few years back. they were indeed an inch over in the waist but very trim everywhere else. i found these tricky to fit because of the cut and ultimately returned mine.

A week or so ago I went digging through my dads closet in my grandma's house. My mom told me that my dad had very weird style when they were growing up, the only person in their school to wear blue jeans. But, that worked out well for me. Besides what i have pictures of I found some old pendelton, a & f, wrangler, and other ranch wear brands. My dad told me he has a lot of other levi's stuff but i need to look in different places.

Levi's short horn cowboy shirt

5894373105_e65906cb95.jpg

001 by joel.lasner, on Flickr

5894942426_6386e365a3.jpg

002 by joel.lasner, on Flickr

5894918414_44e1014a71.jpg

004 by joel.lasner, on Flickr

5894920766_ac2c718260.jpg

005 by joel.lasner, on Flickr

First pair of 501's tabs are worn of so i dont know if big e or not, my dad was born in 54 so by 71 he would have been 17 so it could be possible for them to be that age, how else do you age levis except for big E?

5894379527_db492df383.jpg

006 by joel.lasner, on Flickr

5894954126_ed37bc837e.jpg

008 by joel.lasner, on Flickr

5894394819_1014987fe5.jpg

010 by joel.lasner, on Flickr

5894407207_18c735dac2.jpg

014 by joel.lasner, on Flickr

5894976212_07fde16ee1.jpg

015 by joel.lasner, on Flickr

5894979384_dc8652a0de.jpg

016 by joel.lasner, on Flickr

Roy i had a pair i bought and returned a few years back. they were indeed an inch over in the waist but very trim everywhere else. i found these tricky to fit because of the cut and ultimately returned mine.

Thanks.

So the waist fit you okay, but too trim elsewhere? Was the rise especially low?

Thanks.

So the waist fit you okay, but too trim elsewhere? Was the rise especially low?

thats a negative. i found the waist avg i only owned them for 2 days a couple of yrs ago so memories maybe hazy. here's what's clear in my mind. construction was very similar to the 646 in the details, i.e. double felled seams on both sides of the leg, no watch pocket, no back patch etc...fit was very slim as a comp: i wear tts 47's comfortably and found these tts to be annoyingly tight. they've got to be LVCs slimmest model. the L/O was very tapered probably 7 1/2-8 inches. i would be very careful with these and get measurements before i bought particularly in the waist, thigh and calves. i know you wear a lot of pre-war models, they may be a shock. but they do look good if you can wear them comfortably.

damn so all the old levi's are selvage and heavier?

i just ate it hard on my board last friday and the left knee ripped open a little bit just patched it up yesterday. how would ya'll fix your knees or holes?

both those pair look not to have the tear-off tab, so that makes them earlier than say 73 (I can't remember when it was introduced, certaily it was early 70s). Check and make sure it's single stitching inside the back pocket, I'm certain it will be. Is it polyester, copper-coloured stitching all the way thru?(inc belt loops and pocket closures?) My rough guess, before my brain is engaged, is that they're circa 1970, the second pair being slightly earlier.

had a meeting opposite Cinch, so when I was done I dropped in for a quick gossip, in the hope they'd have the 1922 in. Success. And, before I get to it, they still have smallish size of 1915, 30 and 30w at half price, £107.

Anyway, the good news: fabric looks very similar indeed to the 1915. Tonally different, unfortunately only had an iPod for photos. My memory is that there was a sublte difference in hue, that the 1922 might be a tiny bit more green. However, they were very similar indeed in terms of that streakiness and grain. I've a feeling this will, like the 1915, be some of the best Cone we've seen. I also get the feeling the idea with these jeans was to have something like the 1915, but with belt-loops, so it's not so scary to modern jeans fans.

Sorry I didn't bring me camera, so this doesn't tell you too much. 1922 on left, 1915 on right.

22and15.jpg

This gives slightly idea of the texture, I hope

1922fabric.jpg

Full length:

1922fulllengthback.jpg

1922fulllength.jpg

These are apparently oversized, like the last batch of 1915, by circa two inches. So buy your actual waist. There are suggestions the 1915 didn't shrink that much - erk?

The cut isn't that dissimilar from the 1901, straighter leg than 1890, not as wide as the 1933 or the 20s 201. My one gripe is that it has that horrible pocket shape. The arcuates look attractive but the pocket itself doesn't look like any originals I've seen - too narrow. I'd still buy these jeans if I needed another early pair, on the basis of the fabric, but especially given the current pricing, as discussed here so recently, I don't think that pocket shape is good enough. I'd say that, in the flesh, the pocket shape looks worse (but the fabric looks much nicer).

1922bum.jpg

I noted they had either the barnyward or spurbites (can't rememer which) on sale. While these weren't as good as was hoped, they're still nice finishes - I would guess from Denim Tech. And I would guess these 1955 are from them, too. While I don't like washes, these are terrific, I'd be very happy to have these on my butt. I shall try and find who did the wash for definite, but this looks on a par with the very best finishes by Bart Sights.

again, these look even better in the flesh - they have that real nice 50s black look.

1955wash.jpg