Levi's Vintage Clothing

exactly, how would you complain about the denim color of an original pair? NOS at that. it is what it is and that green cast he's denigrating is what countless repro have tried to achieve with mixed results, some good some not so.

That green-cast is an eyesore. Reminiscent of cheapo STF's

Um, those are "cheapo STF's", circa 1950.

I think the amount of green cast showing up has to do with the lighting. The close up of the waist button is probably the truest depiction of their real color.

Wearing my cheapo STF verdes today in honor of this cool pair!

I have the STF Verdes as well. The color of them is SOOOO close to that pair of 1947's from eBay. And they aren't selvedge or made in the US. They are cheap STF's and happen to have a great color. Oh well.

Good thing thier are 1000 different Levi's out there, something for everyone!

Why don't we change the subject.

Who likes 201s?!?

I just bought 3 pairs that levi's had on their sale page... I think they're dropping the 201 workwear line as I don't see it anymore... and even the smallest pair of was 2 inches bigger than what he could wear... I could fit in the 30 waist and I wear a true 34!

I do, how come Paul T has them in his 501 guide but not 505s, 646s, 606s, etc? :)

He's like LVC, he likes to stick it Levis fans on sufu! Just kidding, your work is appreciated Paul!

The 201 is probably included since it's been an on going model for quite a while, the 606s and 646s were only around a year or two, and the 505....? Well, if you have sizing trouble with non-STF jeans, there's no helping ya!

Here are the 201's i'm selling ( 34*31 measured ) they are slightly tapered although not permanently by a back fold (og heads neednt freak out!!). i'm throwing in some nice made in france Laboureur suspenders as well...

2e4cchj.jpg

2vd2mbl.jpg

2quiusl.jpg

axzpd1.png

120euros + 10% discount to lvc thread heads

also check supermarket for mo info

Somewhat interesting article about "premium" denim... There's mention of Cone, and the cost of fabrics. Sadly, no mention of LVC (though this article is obviously focusing on "fashion" brands).

How Can Jeans Cost $300?

"The profit margins on premium jeans can be substantial. Mr. Geliebter says his gross profit margin for private-label jeans, which he makes for Wal-Mart Stores Inc., Sears Holdings Corp. and other retailers, are less than 20%, whereas the margins for his own premium lines are 40%-to-50%."

"It costs about $50 to make a pair of Super T jeans, True Religion's best-selling style with oversized white stitching, estimates founder, chairman and chief executive, Jeff Lubell. The wholesale price is $152, he says, and the average retail price is $335. Of course, plenty of these jeans sell at substantially less than full price."

"To be produced domestically, jeans have to be priced at "$200-plus," says Shelda Hartwell-Hale, a vice president at Directives West, an L.A.-based division of fashion consulting firm Doneger Group."

Going off of this info, I think the argument that a pair of LVC costs in the $30 range to produce isn't too far off, and I don't believe for a second the LVC line isn't profitable. And why do domestically produced jeans have to be priced at $200-plus? If your goal is to maintain your 40 to 50% profit margin, then I guess yeah, you gotta keep 'em that high.

Supply, demand, but mostly marketing. I think most people who buy designer jeans are in denial about the actual value, but the actual value is also whatever the buyer agrees to pay for it.

We do everything to justify the cost because it would otherwise make us feel foolish to pay that much.

I will never pay more than $150, as absurd as that sounds…but I managed to buy all of my LVC that way. And I still think I'm getting ripped off.

Not to shit up this thread with off topic stuff but....

'A pair of "Sevens," as some call jeans from Seven For All Mankind, conveys a statement about one's fashion savoir faire (and income) that less expensive brands don't.'

That statement is 'You're a dick with no fashion sense at all and too much money!'

Having said that though, I think we all know we pay more than any rational human being should for jeans (and other clothing items) and I am as guilty of it as anyone. I do sometimes, in moments of sanity, look at something I've just paid $2-300 for and think WTF. I think that's why so many of us now look for the sales because I think we know that those prices are closer to what we should really be paying every day.

i don't see how the true religion "info" is relevant. if you have discretionary funds of $200-300 and buying a crisp new pair of raw jeans is going to bring you more enjoyment than anything else for that price (and why not, you get to wear them every day) the decision to purchase them seems entirely rational to me.

want to find a pair of 201's now after seeing all these pics...damn, if anyone can track them down in a 30x32 let me know

summer is forcing me to fall back in love with my 37's...nice light weight + looser fit = breezy summer denim! I'll post some updated pics. Also 47's have gone for their first wash! updates to follow (for those who give a shit)

I lol'ed @ the 'don't know what selvage is'.

Would this pair go for higher if these were a different size?

I would literally kill someone for a pair of those in like 38 or 40x34 or 36.

Fucking price is wack

want to find a pair of 201's now after seeing all these pics...damn, if anyone can track them down in a 30x32 let me know

summer is forcing me to fall back in love with my 37's...nice light weight + looser fit = breezy summer denim! I'll post some updated pics. Also 47's have gone for their first wash! updates to follow (for those who give a shit)

Cultizm has 201's in a 30x 32.

http://www.cultizm.com/product_info.php?info=p126_Levi--180-s---Vintage-Clothing-1920-201-Jeans-Rigid.html