prince_boys18

Levi's Vintage Clothing

Posted (edited)

re: lvc on the record for their Japanese sourcing...

here is what is on current Levis GB site for the 'oh boy!' version of the '47 [heavily washed and with knee patches] and the 'deep space' version of the '55 [looks like a bleach effect]; these have been up for a while [not new season, but part of the season that is now going into sale mode...] - guessing as a test run... this V2 run at END seems like first wave of this denim at rigid... [and yes: answering propellorbeanie: they do seem like a price increase of 10 uk pounds at this end of the world...)

Untitled.png

Untitled2.png

Edited by bartlebyyphonics

Speaking of Japan and LVC, the Harajyuku store is releasing a limited edition run of LVC 1966 501. Made in Japan with all the english text translated to Japanese.  Not sure about the denim..

the catch? Going to retail for 66000JPY

16 minutes ago, DoitsuJin said:

Speaking of Japan and LVC, the Harajyuku store is releasing a limited edition run of LVC 1966 501. Made in Japan with all the english text translated to Japanese.  Not sure about the denim..

the catch? Going to retail for 66000JPY

Yeah, I saw these on Instagram. I could be wrong, but I think the entire jean in made in Japan (denim, hardware, cut/sewn) to celebrate Japan's initial release of 501 reproductions. It kinda feels like more of a collector's item like the Cone tribute jeans, but maybe this one more so because of the Japanese pocket flasher/tags.

For me, It says 71,280 JPY which I assume includes tax. 

9 hours ago, kicks79 said:

The denim will be from Kaihara mills( last season was the last of the white oak), no idea where they are now cut and sewn. 

Interesting, I do remember that being the general chatter (regarding the denim) although never quite confirmed. We'll have to wait and see where they're cut/sewn!

@bartlebyyphonics I recall reading that in various jeans descriptions a little while ago which somewhat strengthen my speculation. Not too sure why they wouldn't include similar info in the new rigid jeans since these buzzwords tend to attract customers.

Seeing those on the Levi’s Japan Instagram now and they look pretty sweet. But not ¥71,820 sweet...

5 hours ago, jewellben said:

Levis UK also has two versions (Rigid) of most models now - the cone (I'm guessing) is in limited sizes left in stock the other is available for most sizes, now including a 36" leg 37...

Fascinating.

How does the new denim compare?

66,000 JPY  ??

I would get banned for typing what I feel like telling Levis at this point.

I would rather buy 4 pair of SC41047 for that kind of donero.

25 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Fascinating.

How does the new denim compare?

contemplating getting the 'oh boy' '47 for jollies

1. to see the quality of repairs on new / laundered fabric 

2. to see if the fabric on that model is all kaihara '47 fabric or a secret test bed of a bunch of other tested out laundered lvc models... [which is highly doubtful...] 

@bartlebyyphonics

That sounds like a great investigation...and fun!

On the bright side, Kaihara tended to do most of the old LVC Japan fabrics which were well-loved. But as their 505 fabric shows, it was very close to the Cone repros, without exaggerated slubs etc.

19 hours ago, Paul T said:

Have they said that on the record?

It's what they told me five years ago was the back up plan. Still sad though.

Its what our LVC rep told us.

Interesting the catalogue had no mention of where the denim was from, simply stating it was redline selvedge.

You would assume that they would have added this info as other people have mentioned, it is a selling point. 

I'm sure Kaihara will do a great job on the denim. 

Those JP 66s look incredible, but yeah I can't afford them haha 

I unsuspectingly ordered one of the new 1966 made of nameless denim at an undisclosed place. They don't even state whether it is shrink to fit or not.

Just canceled the order.

So Levis Germany did send the 1966 V2 ("Rigid") to me anyway. I still have 2 Cone 1966 made in the U.S. of A. with tags attached in storage and compared the new V2 to them.

- Denim looks indistinguishable. Maybe a bit softer and less starch on the new one. Not sure if it is shrink 2 fit.
- Quality of craftsmaship is the same.
- V2 is made in Bulgaria.

It is a quality piece but I'll send it back. I originally thought I had ordered one of the last Cone 1966.

Waiting for experiences with the new denim.

do they name it V2? Do we think the new range is all made in Bulgaria? Post us a link please!

I would think it's pretty much impossible to see differences in the fabric raw, we'd need to see how it ages to really understand it.

28 minutes ago, ushokmwn said:

So Levis Germany did send the 1966 V2 ("Rigid") to me anyway. I still have 2 Cone 1966 made in the U.S. of A. with tags attached in storage and compared the new V2 to them.

- Denim looks indistinguishable. Maybe a bit softer and less starch on the new one. Not sure if it is shrink 2 fit.
- Quality of craftsmaship is the same.
- V2 is made in Bulgaria.

It is a quality piece but I'll send it back. I originally thought I had ordered one of the last Cone 1966.

Waiting for experiences with the new denim.

pictures of all tags of V2 piece PLEASE

in all seriousness

At least they called it V2 on the receipt.

I can take some more pics of the other labels tomorrow.

Anmerkung 2019-07-19 195721.png

2019-07-19 20.00.08.jpg

32 minutes ago, Paul T said:

I would think it's pretty much impossible to see differences in the fabric raw, we'd need to see how it ages to really understand it.

I agree, but I wont be the one to let this age.

There are obvious differences between the cone denims when raw. I also have a 1976 in storage. This denim looks the same as cone but feels just a little bit softer. Maybe due to different amaounts of starch.

^ indeed

to add to this: there does seem indeed on the UK site a sliding in of 'v2' without proper denomination: 

i.e. for the '55 - the style 'rigid-blue'; model no: 501550040 - sold out in most popular sizes (guessing this is the cone version, but all mentions of cone removed from blurp....) whereas for another version of 'rigid-blue': model no: 501550055 all sizes ready to go... [i.e. v2]

lvc is hoping that i am resting assured that both are 100% cotton and relaxed fit...

[on a lot of pairs on the site they seem to be alternating between 'dark blue' / rigid' / 'dark wash'... guessing the option with most unavailable sizes is the cone one...]

If you look in the ‘Details’ section of the Rigid/Dark Wash/Dark Blue LVC jeans, it will state either:

• Made with denim from Cone Mills of North Carolina, a proud Levi's® partner for over 100 years OR
  • Made from rigid and durable selvedge denim, which has been indigo-dyed

Posted (edited)

this is what I am seeing for the details on the two rigid versions of the '55 on uk site - which I think is prob. best seller after the '47 (ambiguity at its best - sorry if I am missing a drop down somewhere...)

fuck lvc1.png

fuck lvc3.png

Edited by bartlebyyphonics

on the plus side: it seems like the jackets (1880, type 1&2) seem all to be still cone for this season, and the sunset chambray 1920s pullover shirt is no longer quite so eye-watering in price

You’re right Bartles, it’s very inconsistent.  What I posted was valid for 54s and 76s but not for 55s, which is as you posted above but at least the availability of each model provides an almost definitive clue to what’s what.

Posted (edited)

being a huge fan of the 1976 cone denim and fit i want share my pair, worn on and of from 2016 these had been washed for 1st time few days ago:

before washing:

IMG_2279.jpg

IMG_2281.jpg

IMG_2282.jpg

Edited by Sympathy-For-The-Denim

1976 Mirrored jeans listed on eBay for £7000 and £2000!!

Maybe I should sell mine?

List them for £10000 , maybe you will get lucky ?? 

Quick question , what is advise on sizing the last season ( made in us ) 55 501xx ? I'm a 30 waist and was thinking of just going tts 

can´t tell exactly, but i have a 32" waist and bought a 30" pair. could imagine they would come up a true 30" after a wash.

The other tags on that 1966 V2 say it will shrink up to 10%. Same tags as on the Cone 1966.

DDD5E8C1-E0C9-4AFB-A509-7691EEFA4B0A.png

3ED918D2-3FCA-4E5C-A225-DAA821A3F27D.png