Levi's Vintage Clothing

All my first post! Been reading the forum for a few weeks and finally had my account authorised. You all know your stuff and gained some fascinating insight on LVC denim which I've been a fan of since 06.

I've bought my jeans from most UK sites and from Cultizm, but never tried aeroleather, as they don't seam to have much stock on their webpage, is it best to phone them?

I emailed Aeroleather a few weeks ago and they said they are getting more LVC stock in August.

If you phone them give us an update please.

All my first post! Been reading the forum for a few weeks and finally had my account authorised. You all know your stuff and gained some fascinating insight on LVC denim which I've been a fan of since 06.

I've bought my jeans from most UK sites and from Cultizm, but never tried aeroleather, as they don't seam to have much stock on their webpage, is it best to phone them?

I would stay with cultizm.

I am finding the same.

I notice that a few people now don't ship to Malaysia. I sold a pair of 201 to a Malaysian buyer a fortnight ago; he has since been naru'd, the package has now been in Malaysia for a week and has not been delivered... and I'm slightly suspicious.

I think for my next listing I will probably specify PayPal-verified addresses only, as this gives slightly more protection. But would love to know more if anyone has experience.

Hi - I've been rationalising my too big collection and I've sold about 5 pairs of my jeans to a guy in Malaysia recently. He gets his friend to Paypal and I ship to the verified Paypal address using insured Airsure. I also just sold some 21 oz samurai to a guy in Bangkok without a problem. Also a pair of Samurai S3000 I sold for £105 to someone in Malaysia apparently then appeared on a Malaysian auction site for £200......it may be something to do with import taxes?

I've bought a few things from aeroleather, things that cultizm didn't stock. They were always very responsive and helpful by email and the shipping on jeans and shirts is usually 25 pounds not the 50 pounds that they say on the website. On the other hand, if cultizm does have the item, they are usually quicker and cheaper.

Hi - I've been rationalising my too big collection and I've sold about 5 pairs of my jeans to a guy in Malaysia recently. He gets his friend to Paypal and I ship to the verified Paypal address using insured Airsure. I also just sold some 21 oz samurai to a guy in Bangkok without a problem. Also a pair of Samurai S3000 I sold for £105 to someone in Malaysia apparently then appeared on a Malaysian auction site for £200......it may be something to do with import taxes?

don't think it was import taxes, that guy is just flipping for a profit.

i've bought a pair of LVC from an ebayer in UK but the item didn't arrive. Royal Mail somehow lost 'em during the icelandic volcano crisis during shipping it to Malaysia.

I've bought a few things from aeroleather, things that cultizm didn't stock. They were always very responsive and helpful by email and the shipping on jeans and shirts is usually 25 pounds not the 50 pounds that they say on the website. On the other hand, if cultizm does have the item, they are usually quicker and cheaper.

Is there a forum thread which has a list of all the online stockists of LVC I could be pointed too?

He gets his friend to Paypal and I ship to the verified Paypal address using insured Airsure. I also just sold some 21 oz samurai to a guy in Bangkok without a problem. Also a pair of Samurai S3000 I sold for £105 to someone in Malaysia apparently then appeared on a Malaysian auction site for £200......it may be something to do with import taxes?

Thanks. Repped. What was the buyer's name??

I've just read the following on www.sneakersnstuff.com

"LEVI'S Vintage Clothing News

Get your dry goods now, All rigids will be 600 SEK (aprox 60 Euros) more this fall."

Anyone know if it's accross the range rather than an individual vendor rise?

I posted the info a while back re- price hikes. No one here blinked an eye, Lol.

I was told by the chaps at 'Son of stag' that there would be an increase in price (on jeans) from £150 to £215 on the A/W 2010... When i spoke to a chap at Cinch, he couldn't confirm this.

Aero still sells its' Lvc line at £115 + p/p, which is the cheapest in the Uk outside of sales prices.

Yes, I posted there was to be a hefty price rise, they told me at the launch of the new shop.

Before LVC was a loss-leader. Now they've opened a separate division, XX, they have to pay their own way.

ON the bright side, I think there's some terrific new stuff coming up.

Dr, your buckle is in the post, might be a couple of days tho.

Is there a forum thread which has a list of all the online stockists of LVC I could be pointed too?

blackbird, asos, caliroots, oki-ni, context, tres bien, and of course the couple already discussed. i've personally only dealt with cultizm when it comes to LVC, and have always been impressed and extraordinarily pleased with their customer service, prices, etc.

Yes, I posted there was to be a hefty price rise, they told me at the launch of the new shop.

Before LVC was a loss-leader. Now they've opened a separate division, XX, they have to pay their own way.

Dr, your buckle is in the post, might be a couple of days tho.

Thanks Paul

It'll probably be put aside until I (eventually..) don my 1890's or 1880's.

When you say 'terrific new stuff', is that just the usual overpriced pre-dis denim, and t-shirts..etc?

Or are they producing a new model rigid jean?

They could revamp the 1927 501, which was an excellent idea (one of my favs), but full of flaws/inaccuracies...

The 1927 was the old team. I think there will be new raw stuff, altho as ever there will be distressed versions too for those too rich to wear in their own jeans.

Personally, with the appearance of the duck pullover, the return of the duck pants, and the fact that they'll have just about every model of raw 501 available, thru every season (which wasn't the case before) I think the raw line-up has never been stronger. THo, as you know, I'm planning something a little different for the fall...

Before LVC was a loss-leader.

How are a pair of jeans that costs somewhere in the $40 to $60 range to produce when it comes to labor and materials, and sell for $200, a loss leader?

Better grab a couple more pair of '55s at their current (already too high) price while I have the chance. I'm not not going to pay MIJ prices for LVC (at least not at its current level).

I'm not not going to pay MIJ prices for LVC (at least not at its current level).

thats what I'm thinkin. unless some serious changes happen, there is no way I'm going to buy a pair of LVCs for $258.

I think that LVC is going to be a loss leader for a different reason once this goes into effect...nobody is going to buy them for that price.

does anyone know if cultizm is going to have to increase their prices?

anyone know how the 1967 505xx fits? I know it's preshrunk, size down?

I think it's pretty TTS. The last ones I tried on, I couldn't have downsized without the help of engineers & some cutting gear. From fall 2009 they are made in a new factory (in Turkey) so it's worth checking, but I think they're still cut pretty slim.

Maybe check the Cultizm competiton thread, definitely some 505 owners on there.

i have a pair from s/s 2010

i think they're a half inch bigger in the waist maybe then the 2009 pairs but that slight variance may differ pair to pair since it's so insignificant

you could go TTS or size down an inch i would say

blackbird, asos, caliroots, oki-ni, context, tres bien, and of course the couple already discussed. i've personally only dealt with cultizm when it comes to LVC, and have always been impressed and extraordinarily pleased with their customer service, prices, etc.

cheers for these, not seen Blackbird

can't seem to find proper info on the button numbering system of vintage Levi's.. I know it has something to do with the different manufacturers, which can be linked to a period of time.

I just bought a big E type 3 jacket with the number 375 on the back, anyone know from which period of time it might be? type 3 big E's have been running for over 20 years, that's all I know..

can someone please help me with this... :D

Do you think that means if we are planning to buy, we should buy a pair (or two) soon?

Or is it that the new line will be more expensive because the quality might rise?

Since they have to pay their own way now, though there might be some good new stuff coming, if there are stuff we want available, we should grab em fast right?

Not sure if it helps or not but my '08 505's W33 L34 measured W33.07 L35.4 raw, W35.4 L34.6 after a year's wear.

I washed them for the first time a couple of weeks ago after a trip to India. Post-wash W33.46 L34.64 and now the waist stretched back again. I guess 505's really "grow" on you... I need to go on a diet...

rob, the price is going up because they have to absorb overhead costs that were previously 'lost' within LVC. they are a smaller group and cna give the product more love and attention but it will cost more. SO if you want a pair that's in the range now, grab em now.

Benzak, if it's big E with a 3 digit code it has to be a modern era reissue (or a fake); i've not seen that number before. Would need to see photos to say more.