Levi's Vintage Clothing

Sorry for the dumb question. I've seen a 47 Heyday buttoned 555 on ebay. Was this jean a pre-LVC version, if so, from what year is this jean? And btw (cuz' I simply don't know), are they legit?

http://cgi.ebay.de/Levi-s-LEVIS-LVC-He-Jeans-1947-501XX-Heyday-30x34-/280523257046?cmd=ViewItem&pt=DE_Kleidung_Accessoires_Herrenbekleidung_Herrenjeans&hash=item41507d34d6

Thx in advance.

Sorry for the dumb question. I've seen a 47 Heyday buttoned 555 on ebay. Was this jean a pre-LVC version, if so, from what year is this jean? And btw (cuz' I simply don't know), are they legit?

They look all legit. If they are 555 they're late ones.

Pre-LVC jeans, the Capital E, were a very specific model with hairy denim, generic details (not based on a specific year), and didn't come in a washed finish AFAIK.

This one is retail, the store rooms in Shoreditch, just up from Old St station.

I found a pair of Wrangler 13MWZ, in 30W (34leg?) for £39. yes, £39. These are glorious jeans. It pained me to walk away.

The same store had a bunch of LVC at £62: the 1933, washed, with limited edition tags, in 34/34 and 34/36, plus a raw 1901 in 34/36.

p1050231.jpg

p1050232.jpg

Website is www.thestorerooms.com. I spoke to one of the owners, Laurent, who after chiding me gently for taking photos without asking first, was very helpful.

I found a pair of Wrangler 13MWZ, in 30W (34leg?) for £39. yes, £39. These are glorious jeans. It pained me to walk away.

The same store had a bunch of LVC at £62: the 1933, washed, with limited edition tags, in 34/34 and 34/36, plus a raw 1901 in 34/36.

p1050231.jpg

p1050232.jpg

Website is www.thestorerooms.com. I spoke to one of the owners, Laurent, who after chiding me gently for taking photos without asking first, was very helpful.

Wow, those are my size and everything. Not a million miles away from my area either... too bad I've got to go and collect a box of my belongings from my ex after work! Talk about a double whammy of despair. But thanks for the heads-up anyway Paul - hope someone pulls the trigger on those awesome jeans.

Is that a good price for those Wranglers in the UK?

Sheplers has that same model on sale right now for $22.

http://www.sheplers.com/mens/wrangler_13mwz/010058.html

I haven't been in my local western wear store recently, but they have a 12 or 15 foot rack filled with the same model that's in your picture. Can't remember what the price is, but it has to be less than $30.

Is that a good price for those Wranglers in the UK?

Sheplers has that same model on sale right now for $22.

http://www.sheplers.com/mens/wrangler_13mwz/010058.html

I haven't been in my local western wear store recently, but they have a 12 or 15 foot rack filled with the same model that's in your picture. Can't remember what the price is, but it has to be less than $30.

These are the vintage Blue Bell repros with Orta denim, not the cheapo mass-market ones.

I'm looking to buy a pair of the 505 1967. Can anyone tell me how they fit? I'm normally a size 32 in chinos and shorts. And in the LVC 501 1947 I'm a 34/34 - and in the 501 1955 I fit 33/34. In APC New Standards I have a 31, though I probably could have squeezed into a 30 (just didn't want a too slim fit).

So what size do you guys think I need in the 505 1957

You should PM Paul T about this. He loves sizing questions. He would also appreciate it if you did not thank him for his advice after he gives it to you.

You should PM Paul T about this. He loves sizing questions. He would also appreciate it if you did not thank him for his advice after he gives it to you.

You're a funny f**ker rnr, and your timing is pure comedy. Cant rep you just yet but it's in the post....

I'm looking to buy a pair of the 505 1967. Can anyone tell me how they fit? I'm normally a size 32 in chinos and shorts. And in the LVC 501 1947 I'm a 34/34 - and in the 501 1955 I fit 33/34. In APC New Standards I have a 31, though I probably could have squeezed into a 30 (just didn't want a too slim fit).

i had a pair, size 34.

measurements:

waist--34

front rise--11.6

back rise--16

thigh--12

knee--8.6

hem--8.3

inseam--36.5

i'm guessing you'd be after a size 34.

Hahaha, that's great. But I should shut my mouth, I've asked Paul 287 sizing questions myself at least. :o:o:o

34/34 will be too big; they're sanforized and don't shrink.

If your 1955 fit slightly loose, I reckon you need a 32W in the 505. They're cut trim, worn TTS, an updated not a vintage fit. (I take 34 in the older, undersized 47, 32 in the 55, and the 32 505 would have been perfect if I liked v slim fits). They'll stretch, not as much as the APC. Check out the Cultizm competition thread, you might find some fit pics.

Hahaha, that's great. But I should shut my mouth, I've asked Paul 287 sizing questions myself at least. :o:o:o

You're welcome!

How many washes got you these fades - they look awesome by the way