Levi's Vintage Clothing

Did some trading this weekend and ended up with this beauty- the first of the two versions of the Menlo jacket LVC produced in 2005/2006.

4701456495_9afb7bd8c1_b.jpg

This one's been loved almost to death- it has a lot of scrapes and a few small tears. Looks great to me. It does need buttons though. I've been looking at some vintage-type buttons and have narrowed it down to three. Any advice would be appreciated.

4701456551_4aa320c631_b.jpg

Guest jbone45
Did some trading this weekend and ended up with this beauty- the first of the two versions of the Menlo jacket LVC produced in 2005/2006.

This one's been loved almost to death- it has a lot of scrapes and a few small tears. Looks great to me. It does need buttons though. I've been looking at some vintage-type buttons and have narrowed it down to three. Any advice would be appreciated.

4701456551_4aa320c631_b.jpg

I'd use the buttons in the first picture. Nice jacket by the way. What was the seller/traders excuse for having no buttons? Kinda random...

So...

Today i bought my third pair of LVC 66 501, I wonder if I got the sizing right this time? I'm a sold on the 66 but my fat f-ing thighs often get me in trouble with jeans. Well, we'll see, I just cold soaked them...

Two times loser...third is the lucky...

have fun

I saw the original Menlo jacket (not the original repro, but THE original) about 7-8 years ago sell on ebay for about $600.

Do you know if it went to Japan? This was in a recent Lightning magazine (vol78):

4703006871_00659e4386_b.jpg

This was an all vintage issue, and at first I thought the owner might be mistaken, and this was the LVC model, but there are some subtle differences. LVC usually get their jackets pretty close to the originals, but this is really eerie. (The color in mine looks to have been sun-faded a bit).

mine again:

Just a quick LVC question if I may?

I have an LVC '54 Sawtooth denim shirt, tagged as 555, so made in Valencia Street (?) My query is is this from the first LVC range made in '96, as I have '99 going round my head for some reason ???

Any opinion on whether it's a '96 or '99 would be appreciated

Cheers

Just a quick LVC question if I may?

I have an LVC '54 Sawtooth denim shirt, tagged as 555, so made in Valencia Street (?) My query is is this from the first LVC range made in '96, as I have '99 going round my head for some reason ???

Any opinion on whether it's a '96 or '99 would be appreciated

Cheers

Check the internal tag, it will say someting like s199, meaning season one 1999

Check the internal tag, it will say someting like s199, meaning season one 1999

Thanks for the assistance :)

There are various numbers on the tag, but the only one possibly configured like a date is 1097, so October '97 perhaps ???

Aren't you the "expert?"

He's not an expert, but he plays one on tv.

Here you go jwsach. Sorry, the lighting sucks. I'll try and do better this weekend.

4704809203_a57c44cc17_b.jpg

I wanted those first buttons, the larger, darker wooden ones that were close in color to the original buttons from the repro (thanks silencejoe- sweet org pics from where?), but they were vintage and the place only had five of them (needed thirteen). These are the second choice, horn, really nice up close but not as contrasty from afar.

Entertainment, yep, I traded with King Levi. He lives up the street from me. Lazy sot, couldn't even take his own pictures. I gave him an xl blue-black (which actually fits as a large) which is up on the bay now, if anyone's in the market.

p.s. Dr_Heech- you seem to have a good memory for this kind of detail- do you remember what kind of leather the first version of the Menlo was made from?

It's so light, I think I have sweatshirts that weigh more than this jacket. Has a really substantial look, though, and an intense grain.

Here you go jwsach. Sorry, the lighting sucks. I'll try and do better this weekend.

I wanted those first buttons, the larger, darker wooden ones that were close in color to the original buttons from the repro (thanks silencejoe- sweet org pics from where?), but they were vintage and the place only had five of them (needed thirteen). These are the second choice, horn, really nice up close but not as contrasty from afar.

Entertainment, yep, I traded with King Levi. He lives up the street from me. Lazy sot, couldn't even take his own pictures. I gave him an xl blue-black (which actually fits as a large) which is up on the bay now, if anyone's in the market.

the org pic are from e-bay : : )

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170487672045&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Nice trade roy6 I'm looking for this jkt for a long time it is a very hard to find jkt and it looks fit on you ; )

The 08 version are made by Goatskin so I guess the 05 version also the same....

383_0.jpg

p.s. Dr_Heech- you seem to have a good memory for this kind of detail- do you remember what kind of leather the first version of the Menlo was made from?

It's so light, I think I have sweatshirts that weigh more than this jacket. Has a really substantial look, though, and an intense grain.

Hey Roy,

that jacket looks sweet on you, still cant rep you (bit too busy to spread).

Really been enjoying you posts recently, hope all is well.

I'm not entirely sure about the 1st edition menlo, think it was calfskin? Or maybe it was cape (thin goatskin)?

It's too hot to wear anything but shorts and a tee, these last few weeks!

:)

That's pretty amazing. Especially how clean the cloth side looks, for such an old jacket. If only LVC had redone this one when they still had Aero. They would have done it justice.

Do the 1873 Duck Cotton run true to size or oversized? I bought them form Oki-Ni in a 32x32 and am afraid they will be too big as I wear usually a 30 waist. I got a good deal on them though. Oki-Ni is running their pre sale going on right now. Funny thing is, it is 40% off but it will only work on certain LVC items. It works on the Duck Cotton Pants and the Chinos but I tried it on the Nevada Jeans and the 20's 201 and no luck. Code for 40% off is topsecret06