Levi's Vintage Clothing

I bet it was weird asking the guy to take a picture of him for an internet forum, huh?

Anyways, they look pretty cool.

it's only weird if you ask to just take a picture of his pants... oh wait...

crownzip, your buddy's '33s are pretty amazing. I went and had a talk with my own pair after I saw that pic.

BlackenedRoar & PaulT- thanks for the heads-up. I picked up a pair of the 201s from jingo. I looked at Paul's 501 guide and it looks like the (2007?) 201s are oversized by 3 inches- I ordered a 32/34, which I am hoping after soaking will be about a 33/31. Sound right?

I hope that they're not too oversized; 201 don't shrink much, as well as having a generous cut, so on those I would recommend your actual waist size, measured. If, when they arrive, the waist is more than 1/2 an inch over your normal size pre-soak, I don't think they'll work I'm afraid.

Shame you didn't buy my 555 201, which were 33 33 actual size, would have been perfect. I think they've been lost by the Malaysian post office so I expect a PayPal chargeback any moment.

Crownzip, your mate's pants look great.

I saw The Clerk over the weekend, he has a pair of 1901s wich are much more green-cast than mine, rather more like the 1915 (even tho the fabric is Kurabo). THey are going to look amazing after their first wash I reckon.

Apologies For the noobish question, but does a 34L LVC normally shrink to as short as 31? Also, do they actually start at 34 or are they slightly longer when raw?

Thanks gents.

I find 34 normally shrinks to 32 rather than 31. Overlength pants are made, my 2006 47 34/34 are 33/35, but seem rare on current production, at least going by the measurements for 2009, on the LVC buyers' guide

Nice, +repped. I wonder if they've moved to mroe yellow thread? I've seen both the orange and the yellow on originals, but I wonder if LVC Japan pressured them to use yellow thread, whcih the Japanese prefer. Could be the fabric looks even better than earlier production.

Nice, +repped. I wonder if they've moved to mroe yellow thread? I've seen both the orange and the yellow on originals, but I wonder if LVC Japan pressured them to use yellow thread, whcih the Japanese prefer. Could be the fabric looks even better than earlier production.

Thanks Paul. The quality of the fabric is really nice and yeah, the threads turn out brighter each wash. But (if I'm not lost in translation :D), this pair is US-made.

Apologies For the noobish question, but does a 34L LVC normally shrink to as short as 31? Also, do they actually start at 34 or are they slightly longer when raw?

Thanks gents.

my 44s with the painted arcs are tagged W34L34 and measured w36L34.25 presoak. after soak and a short hot wash they've turned out to be a W34L31...

So pretty short after initial soak and hot wash. Had to stretch them out again while still damp...

Oh, I just meant that from 2009, LVC Japan ceased to exist; before then, they'd commissioned their own jeans. THe new US production goes to Japan as well, which it didn't recently, which could mean that LEvi's Japan have more influence on the product.

If the threads do fade with each wash, too, that would be cool, I haven't noticed that with the originals. I love the way that Warehouse threads, for instance, fade, it's a big part of the look of vintage jeans, which you don't always get with modern polycore thread. The thread on yours definitely looks lighter than my 2006 (?) 47, which have been washed maybe three times.

40s thread, original. THis shows orange thread on, eg, the yoke, but originals have yellow too. I like the crinkling around the yoke on yours, by the way, looks v authentic.

1947original.jpg

60s thread, original:

2horsepatch.jpg

Bit of a strange query here. Do they sell LVC in Malaysia? Reason I ask is that I was recently selling a pair of 1947's and a pair of 1955's on ebay uk. Just about every question I received about them was from Malaysia, oh and a few questions from Thailand too.

Bit of a strange query here. Do they sell LVC in Malaysia? Reason I ask is that I was recently selling a pair of 1947's and a pair of 1955's on ebay uk. Just about every question I received about them was from Malaysia, oh and a few questions from Thailand too.

I am finding the same.

I notice that a few people now don't ship to Malaysia. I sold a pair of 201 to a Malaysian buyer a fortnight ago; he has since been naru'd, the package has now been in Malaysia for a week and has not been delivered... and I'm slightly suspicious.

I think for my next listing I will probably specify PayPal-verified addresses only, as this gives slightly more protection. But would love to know more if anyone has experience.

Paul I can say the fabric on my new 1947s is the best of the 47s I've owned. THis is my 3 pair so its definitely better this year than the early year 47s that I've owned. I've been really wearing the new ones but they are not wearing in at the same rate say the 1915s broke in. I did do a pre soak and I usually don't so that could be the difference but I suspect the denim is also part of the reason.

Paul I can say the fabric on my new 1947s is the best of the 47s I've owned .

Is the thread a different colour on the new ones?

Anybody know what the A/W 10 line up is going to be?

I've had only veiled hints, but I'm told there's something completely new... by which I mean an old model that was previously undocumented. On deadline so I haven't had time to hassle them, but in around 10 days I will try and unearth more.

I hope that they're not too oversized; 201 don't shrink much, as well as having a generous cut, so on those I would recommend your actual waist size, measured. If, when they arrive, the waist is more than 1/2 an inch over your normal size pre-soak, I don't think they'll work I'm afraid.

Yeah, I took a chance. If they don't work out, though, I'll probably get more for them on the Bay then what I paid for them. I wonder if $99 sales will be a thing of the past, after this new price hike.

fres$co- that's right. Don't be steppin on my toes.

rather than use the antiquing solution to strip the brass plating off the Doctor's buckle, I tried Zissou's tip, leaving the buckle in nail polish remover for a couple of hours, then leaving it in vinegar.

It took at least 24 hours, but it worked.

p1040911.jpgp1040912.jpg

i've mislaid the LVC buckle, which looked identical but for a a series of tiny ridges on the visible edge and which stupidly has too-short prongs. But I don't reckon you can do any better than the riverjunction.

This is the only shot I have on my photobucket of an original buckle, in this case on an 1890s 201.

100_1499.jpg

Thanks again to entertainment! for sending me and charlie the buckles, do rep him folks! Charlie, I've missed tonight's post, will send tomorrow.

airfrog-

Thanks for leading us all to River Junction in the first place for the replacement buckles.

I was also wondering if you were getting much wear into your Knappaves. I only get to wear mine on the weekends (along with my ducks) so it is going to be years before they break. But they are such beautiful repros, I always look forward to wearing them.

airfrog-

Thanks for leading us all to River Junction in the first place for the replacement buckles.

I was also wondering if you were getting much wear into your Knappaves. I only get to wear mine on the weekends (along with my ducks) so it is going to be years before they break. But they are such beautiful repros, I always look forward to wearing them.

Yeah I've been wearing them some. I have my own business so I usually wear jeans ever day. Glad you guys recommended the 1880s to me. They are very comfortable and great repros. The denim is really the same I think as the 1917s (Paul). They are wearing very similar and have the same hand.

Which buckle is the one Paul worked on? I had the 1 1/4 inch one and found it not very useful. It got all bent up the first time I used it. I think when I bought it they weren't making a 1 inch version.

All my first post! Been reading the forum for a few weeks and finally had my account authorised. You all know your stuff and gained some fascinating insight on LVC denim which I've been a fan of since 06.

I've bought my jeans from most UK sites and from Cultizm, but never tried aeroleather, as they don't seam to have much stock on their webpage, is it best to phone them?