Levi's Vintage Clothing

There's alot of info on sizing for pants, but I haven't seen anything for the jackets. How are the jackets for shrinkage? Do they shrink to tag size, or do you size up? Being a 40/medium in most things, I guess this would be a bit bulky.

Hi - I think they are a little oversized but shrinkage would bring it down to around a 42 chest I believe depending on how you like to wear it......They're definitely way less oversized than the last seasons LVC jeans

Thanks buddy. Yeah, I thought about the 30" too but they're only available in 34" inseam...The 32" runs like 33" so the 30" should run like 31", but I'm afraid they're too small postsoak waist- and inseamwise (I guess <29 x 32"). My true size is 32 x 33".

Then go up to the next size up and wear a belt. They are full cut anyway. I would get exact measurements though first. These newer models are running larger than the older ones.

Then go up to the next size up and wear a belt. They are full cut anyway. I would get exact measurements though first. These newer models are running larger than the older ones.

I consider the size info that cultizm publishes only a guide to which sizes I should ask for actual measurements for. I am constantly surprised by what they turn out to be. Airfrog's advice is spot on.

Thanks a lot guys. I'm -surprise, surprise-really ambitious about my jeans so I don't do any experiments, particularly not with sizing and fit. The measurements I've posted are actual measurements from cultizm, they don't have any on their hp. I know I need them in 30 or 31/36, both are not listed. 55's are not a vital need, so I can gladly wait for the right size to be restocked. I've already got perfect 47's and 44's, I was just looking for a nice addition to my small collection :-)

Roy can't rep but would if I could any photos after they dried?

Here are the dried '33s. They shrank up a little more than I had hoped on this second soak (four months in), and were a bear to get on to dry. They are pretty tight at the waist now, and the crotch is a bit tight, but they fit fine everywhere else. I was tempted to retire these as work jeans, so as to avoid crotch blowout, but I psyched myself up by looking at those pics of The Clerk's and Rnr's perfectly worn in '33s (those latter should get put on the LVC thread), and went on ahead on Friday.

Jesus, these things are stubborn.

4653794328_86aee118fc_b.jpg

Wait... i have some perfectly worn in 33s? How did i go about not knowing this and how come they aren't in my closet?

I tried a pair of washed Levis 511 Slim jeans in size 31 a few weeks ago. They were a tad too small for me. A 32 probably would have been the better choice...

Now I'm interested in a pair of LVC 1955 501 Pitchfork jeans ( http://www.thethreethreads.com/shop/men/denim/levi_39_s/1955_501_pitchfork_wash/pitchfork_wash ) and wonder if the sizing is idenctical to Levis' standard line ? How do they compare ? Should I go with a 32 here as well ?

Wait... i have some perfectly worn in 33s? How did i go about not knowing this and how come they aren't in my closet?

Weird, this.

I have lost a pair of washed 37, washed 201... and worst of all, a pair of original 60s 501 with lemon stitching. No idea where they've gone.

Weird, this.

I have lost a pair of washed 37, washed 201... and worst of all, a pair of original 60s 501 with lemon stitching. No idea where they've gone.

how do you lose a 60s 501? something must have gone awfully wrong.

Here are the dried '33s. They shrank up a little more than I had hoped on this second soak (four months in), and were a bear to get on to dry. They are pretty tight at the waist now, and the crotch is a bit tight, but they fit fine everywhere else. I was tempted to retire these as work jeans, so as to avoid crotch blowout, but I psyched myself up by looking at those pics of The Clerk's and Rnr's perfectly worn in '33s (those latter should get put on the LVC thread), and went on ahead on Friday.

Jesus, these things are stubborn.

4653794328_86aee118fc_b.jpg

Looking good Roy. It takes time but it seems like once they start they really change fast.

I tried a pair of washed Levis 511 Slim jeans in size 31 a few weeks ago. They were a tad too small for me. A 32 probably would have been the better choice...

Now I'm interested in a pair of LVC 1955 501 Pitchfork jeans ( http://www.thethreethreads.com/shop/men/denim/levi_39_s/1955_501_pitchfork_wash/pitchfork_wash ) and wonder if the sizing is idenctical to Levis' standard line ? How do they compare ? Should I go with a 32 here as well ?

Like most pretreated LVC's they run one size smaller waistwise.

P5310678.jpgP5310679.jpg

LVC 47's on left next to 555 201's. The 47's have had about 18 months on and off wear and 4 washes. The 201's only get worn very rarely.

P5310683.jpg

Pocket bag has blown out on the 47's so i need to do some repairs as I am sick of bending down to pick up my loose change...

Anyone have any experience or pics of how the Cone Mills denim on the current 1954 501z fades?

I picked up a pair at the weekend and after two hot soaks to get the shrinking out, and maybe 3 days of wear, it already looks like the whiskers are starting to come in, however subtly...

It'd also be nice to hear people's experiences and opinions on this cut. I understand it's not a particularly authentic reproduction, but I really love the tapered fit... for a slim guy, I think they're very flattering. I'll try and get some fit pics up when I get back from work if anyone's interested.

Anyone have any experience or pics of how the Cone Mills denim on the current 1954 501z fades?

I picked up a pair at the weekend and after two hot soaks to get the shrinking out, and maybe 3 days of wear, it already looks like the whiskers are starting to come in, however subtly...

It'd also be nice to hear people's experiences and opinions on this cut. I understand it's not a particularly authentic reproduction, but I really love the tapered fit... for a slim guy, I think they're very flattering. I'll try and get some fit pics up when I get back from work if anyone's interested.

I can only speak about the cut: I love it (I've got the prewashed 54 rootless, not everybodys darling but they're pretty cool imo). It's a customized jean anyway, but hey, who really cares if you like them?

Hows the zip on these after shrinking, has it buckled ?

I have the drab wash '54's too, they are a the nicest fitting jeans I've had in a while, very flattering :)

can't seem to find proper info on the button numbering system of vintage Levi's.. I know it has something to do with the different manufacturers, which can be linked to a period of time.

I just bought a big E type 3 jacket with the number 375 on the back, anyone know from which period of time it might be? type 3 big E's have been running for over 20 years, that's all I know..