Levi's Vintage Clothing

If you guys don't have antiquing solution, just dip the buckle in acetone to get rid of any varnish, then drop in boiling water for a few minutes, then drop into a cup of vinegar for a while. Or, you can try aging it with a butane torch...

I'm willing to bet that buckle was just brass plated steel, which never looks as good as solid brass.

I have a friend that had sent me a couple of original turn of the 20th century buckles that he claims you can find in antique stores. I've never looked but he says a lot of Civil War re-enactors collect them.

I had 3 and gave one away (wish I would have held on to it now).

Heres what an original (not Levis) looks like

1901buckle.jpg

I have a writer friend called Andy Gill. Noticed he was friend of a friend on facebook (I know) so put a request in. Was surprised to get note about upcoming gig, had no clue he played any instrument. Checked out his page. D'oh!

"The problem of leisure,

What to do for pleasure."

That seemed to summarize superfuture for me.

It varies from model to model. At one time fabric for some of the washed jeans came from Italy, I believe Legler (which has been sold). I am only guessing but I think some of the cheaper washed early models made in Turkey use European denim. If the model is actually made in the US, it's likely it uses Cone denim (or Kurabo for the early models). WHich model are you discussing?

I can't get a 55 rigid in the desired size so I was thinking of a 66 roadside (great wash imo) instead. Uh, and I got a 54 rootless (luv it) but they're made in turkey so I highly doubt they're made of cone denim.

DId you try Dejan?

Looks like he has everything from a 30 inch waist thru 38.

http://www.cultizm.com/product_info.php?info=p44_Levi-acute-s-reg--BIG-E-1955-DRY-GOODS-501xx-LVC.html

The 55 is one of the really accurate cuts that LVC produces and is a much different fit from the others that you listed and the bonus its raw, cone denim and mad is USA.

Blimey. $220?

I am pondering getting a pair of ROys in the fall, and would therefore sell my 34/34 1947, with all tags; I think it's a 33 inch measured waist. I"m thinking $170.

I need the $$$ to get a lens adapter which would allow me to post much better photos on here...

If anyone's interested my Raw Valencia St 555 Type 1 506 LVC vintage denim jacket size L (44 tag) has less than 24 hours left on ebay.

Item number: 300429212150

I apologise for hijacking the thread.

Pauls 47's look an excellent buy at that price

There's alot of info on sizing for pants, but I haven't seen anything for the jackets. How are the jackets for shrinkage? Do they shrink to tag size, or do you size up? Being a 40/medium in most things, I guess this would be a bit bulky.

If anyone's interested my Raw Valencia St 555 Type 1 506 LVC vintage denim jacket size L (44 tag) has less than 24 hours left on ebay.

Item number: 300429212150

I apologise for hijacking the thread.

Pauls 47's look an excellent buy at that price

Sell me your 201's now !!

(pleease..)

DId you try Dejan?

Looks like he has everything from a 30 inch waist thru 38.

http://www.cultizm.com/product_info.php?info=p44_Levi-acute-s-reg--BIG-E-1955-DRY-GOODS-501xx-LVC.html

The 55 is one of the really accurate cuts that LVC produces and is a much different fit from the others that you listed and the bonus its raw, cone denim and mad is USA.

Thanks, but I'm sure I need them in 31 x 36, they're not listed atm.

I'm not sure if this has been brought up yet, but the Levis online store is now selling their LVC 1947s for only $99.99 here

I always thought that LVCs were high in quality and thus, a bit more expensive than only $100. Well, to be honest, I haven't done that much research on Levis in general so I don't know the average price for 1947s. $100 just seemed to be good to be true for such a notable brand that has other similar pairs going for double the price. So are these totally legit? The reviews on the site seem spot on, but I'm still kinda not sure. I mean, it's the Levis online store, but the price is what's weird.

I'm mainly asking this because my friend told me about them being sold online and he wanted to grab a pair of these. I just don't want him to be disappointed if they somehow aren't the legit thing.

I'm not sure if this has been brought up yet, but the Levis online store is now selling their LVC 1947s for only $99.99 here

Pretty sure they were just liquidating old stock. They only had really tiny sizes available, and as you can see they're all sold out.

These run petty full, what about a 30? Have Dejan give you the exact measurements. They're much fuller than the 47s.

Thanks buddy. Yeah, I thought about the 30" too but they're only available in 34" inseam...The 32" runs like 33" so the 30" should run like 31", but I'm afraid they're too small postsoak waist- and inseamwise (I guess <29 x 32"). My true size is 32 x 33".

Roy can't rep but would if I could any photos after they dried?

I'll take a pic tomorrow, but they are dissapointingly slow, despite getting such regular use. Maybe it's the denim- it's apparently not the Cone mills denim used on the US '33s.