Levi's Vintage Clothing

Hows the zip on these after shrinking, has it buckled ?

I have the drab wash '54's too, they are a the nicest fitting jeans I've had in a while, very flattering :)

The zip's buckled a little, but nothing serious.... I kept it fastened while I soaked them which helps with that, I think.

As for fit pics Haku, I'm back at work now so it'll have to wait, but I'll try and get some up tonight or at the weekend! But if you're used to the roomier repro cuts and fancy a slimmer jean without going in the whole APC/Dior/"fashion" jeans direction, I reckon they're a good choice.

Just thought I'd post these -

1930's youths 501's, interestingly they have back pocket rivets but no suspender buttons (?)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200475041749&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Also, an early 1920's 506xx, pre-red tab -

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190402433932&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:VRI

Cool stuff.

Whenever I see the first two versions of the Levi's jacket's I wonder if clothes the Chinese wore around San Fran influenced the design. They have a real "oriental" (sorry I know that's not PC) feel to to some of the design elements.

The zip's buckled a little, but nothing serious.... I kept it fastened while I soaked them which helps with that, I think.

As for fit pics Haku, I'm back at work now so it'll have to wait, but I'll try and get some up tonight or at the weekend! But if you're used to the roomier repro cuts and fancy a slimmer jean without going in the whole APC/Dior/"fashion" jeans direction, I reckon they're a good choice.

How much have they stretched?

I feel that it is allmost possible to size down with the 54's....

Double post with the 'suspenders - who rocks em?' thread. A week on the farm with 1900s-style cabin, stove, brit army braces, 1901 LVC and Sunset Shirt. This jeans are now really worn in, knees just wearing though, and look great. They now have extra soot and grease stains, looks maybe even more like eltopo's indigo immortals, that i still miss...

frontbol.jpg19102.jpg

DETAILS, DETAILS, DETAILS. if you can guess which year you get extra points

DSC_0067.jpg

DSC_0068.jpg

DSC_0064.jpg

if i could rep/ knew how to i would rep you right now, what gave it away? the back pocket?

Double post with the 'suspenders - who rocks em?' thread. A week on the farm with 1900s-style cabin, stove, brit army braces, 1901 LVC and Sunset Shirt. This jeans are now really worn in, knees just wearing though, and look great. They now have extra soot and grease stains, looks maybe even more like eltopo's indigo immortals, that i still miss...

frontbol.jpg19102.jpg

Those look freak'n great Paul. I gotta spread some around to but I tried.

THey were for most of the holiday! It's great... just like the old one except it works. I was going to podt in-situ photos but thought that was too nerdy... but I'll so do when I've stripped Dr H's buckle, which is sitting in the g/f's nail polish remover at the moment.

Heads up for the last of natterjack's sale :

They have the 47 and 33 raw in 30 W for £67.50; I'm guessing it's newish stock, so the 33 will have a 31inch waist, which you can probably wear true to size.

http://www.jingoclothing.com/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=91&products_id=3408147

201's and 55's for £70 in a sale, I was hoping nobody here would catch on but I have mine so I'm throwing it out tin the open

crownzip, your buddy's '33s are pretty amazing. I went and had a talk with my own pair after I saw that pic.

BlackenedRoar & PaulT- thanks for the heads-up. I picked up a pair of the 201s from jingo. I looked at Paul's 501 guide and it looks like the (2007?) 201s are oversized by 3 inches- I ordered a 32/34, which I am hoping after soaking will be about a 33/31. Sound right?

Guest jbone45
Just when i thought my '33 501's were looking good a buddy of mine showed up wearing his yesterday. He claimed he's never washed them except for getting caught in the rain a couple times. BTW, the background is a 40's Plymouth.

33Levis.jpg

I bet it was weird asking the guy to take a picture of him for an internet forum, huh?

Anyways, they look pretty cool.