Levi's Vintage Clothing

Current price depends on where you're buying from...

A few weeks ago someone in this thread mentioned working at a Levi's store and being able to buy LVC at wholesale pricing, which was between $60 and $70 IIRC. So that means it actually cost Levis what, $20, $30 a pair to produce these jeans?

I believe you're referring to the following:

thanks! yep I believe the 606 are the models that the ramones wore. I got these about 2 years ago when I worked at Levi's. They had a program for employees called "EPP (employee purchase plan)" and we could buy a lot of things (including Cap Es, LVCs) at wholesale price. As long as you had the SKU, and they had it in the warehouse, they sold you whatever. I don't think LVC 606's were ever sold in retail stores in the US, at least not the raw/deadstock. Got this one for like 60 bucks if I can remember. The color is hard to capture correctly i'll try again when I can with my point and shoot.

In case anyone wanted to know...

Check out the ROy thread. INteresting discussion on that.

I think that discussion on polycore versus cotton thread on the ROY thread prompted my comment. But using linen thread is something I have been wondering about. Given that early Levi's used linen thread I have wondered why no one has revived the practice of using it (AFAIK). Since linen is a stronger fiber than cotton, using linen would seem to allow authenticity without being so prone to breakage. Perhaps it is hard to work with though. I'm sure it is more expensive. I was just kidding when I suggested that LVC use it. I know that it will never happen. Perhaps one of the Japanese makers will though if one hasn't already.

PS Paul, after being berated by rnrswitch for not putting ROY in all caps, I see that you have reached a compromise and put the "O" in caps but not the "y".

Trying to order from Natterjacks and I got this message.

Hello there, thank you for your order. Unfortunately we have had some trouble verifying your cards billing address. Because of us being in the U.K., and this being an international transaction, could you please send us a copy of an official document, like one of your utilities bills (phone bill, electricity bill etc...) or recent bank statements, with your name and address on it. We will be able to process the sale once we have this information from you.

Also we can only send the order to the person, and the address, that the card is registered to... I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but for security reasons, we have to verify all our sales addresses, and be sure that you, the card holder, has placed the order, and not someone that might have got hold of your details. You can send the proof of address either by fax to +44 208 974 6732, or email an attachment.

Anyone every get this before? I don't feel comfortable doing this so I guess they lost my sale. Never had this before and it was weirder because they did a Verified by Visa at the end of the transaction.

Hey guys. I always wondered about linen thread too...would be cool to see it used on some LVC's.

On the poly vs 100% cotton debate. I have rattled on about this before, I believe there is often confusion with the different thread make up's. People often talk about just cotton vs poly, but there is slightly more involved.

All good quality thread has a filament core thread and then more thread is wrapped around it....thats why you see a 'rope like' angle when close up. There are also threads that are just spun polyester....nasty. I love dual duty, I think it's the best of both worlds.

Threads come in cones of 3000-5000m....so if you imagine a 5000m twinkie..the cream is the filament thread and the sponge is the outer wrapped thread.

1. 100% cotton filament / 100% cotton wrap

(What people talk about in regards to Japanese repros etc)

2. 100% Polyester filament / 100% Cotton wrap

(Old trade name by Coats threads was "Polyfil" new name is "Dual Duty")

3. 100% Polyester filament / 100% Polyester wrap.

(So 100% poly...I am guessing nudies orange is 100% poly?)

Write up on the Coats website:

COATS Dual Duty is a top quality corespun thread that combines a high tenacity polyester filament core with a natural cotton cover.Excellent wash-down characteristics make this product ideal for jeans.

COATS Epic is polyester-wrapped thread with a polyester filament core ideal where fineness, high seam strength and high temperature stability are required. The product is specially engineered for high performance in demanding sewing applications and can dramatically improve sewing productivity. Ideal for all apparel applications from delicate garments to jeans and workwear.

Anyone every get this before? I don't feel comfortable doing this so I guess they lost my sale. Never had this before and it was weirder because they did a Verified by Visa at the end of the transaction.

I tried ordering from both www.natterjacks.com and www.jingoclothing.com multiple times, I received your message from natterjacks and much the same from jingoclothing. Both those places are horrible, at least, to US customers.

Tags: not legit, for google searches

Hey guys. I always wondered about linen thread too...would be cool to see it used on some LVC's.

On the poly vs 100% cotton debate. I have rattled on about this before, I believe there is often confusion with the different thread make up's. People often talk about just cotton vs poly, but there is slightly more involved.

All good quality thread has a filament core thread and then more thread is wrapped around it....thats why you see a 'rope like' angle when close up. There are also threads that are just spun polyester....nasty. I love dual duty, I think it's the best of both worlds.

Threads come in cones of 3000-5000m....so if you imagine a 5000m twinkie..the cream is the filament thread and the sponge is the outer wrapped thread.

1. 100% cotton filament / 100% cotton wrap

(What people talk about in regards to Japanese repros etc)

2. 100% Polyester filament / 100% Cotton wrap

(Old trade name by Coats threads was "Polyfil" new name is "Dual Duty")

3. 100% Polyester filament / 100% Polyester wrap.

(So 100% poly...I am guessing nudies orange is 100% poly?)

Write up on the Coats website:

COATS Dual Duty is a top quality corespun thread that combines a high tenacity polyester filament core with a natural cotton cover.Excellent wash-down characteristics make this product ideal for jeans.

COATS Epic is polyester-wrapped thread with a polyester filament core ideal where fineness, high seam strength and high temperature stability are required. The product is specially engineered for high performance in demanding sewing applications and can dramatically improve sewing productivity. Ideal for all apparel applications from delicate garments to jeans and workwear.

Very intereseting. I'm pretty sure you're right, the typical orange thread from Nudie doesn't fade (somewhat strange on a worn in jean). LVC uses the Dual Duty thread?

Yes, lvc and many/most japanese makers use poly cotton.

Trying to order from Natterjacks and I got this message.

I've had it several times when buying from small stores in the US. it's a pain, but I personally wouldn't worry about the security implications –*all they're trying to do is confirm your mailing address.

Oh, and do you hate Alabama. or Obama? Maybe your name is on file somewhere.

Sorry guys, some sizing advice please! I have read the advice on the 501 guide and other posts but i've got another question.

I want to get a pair of '47s. But most stores (That I can get it cheaper than 150 pounds) are sold out of 36".

I usually wear 34 inch (true waist size 33.7). I tried on the '47 in the store and it fits me just right, not uncomfortable at all - i would like that fit on the waist exactly.

There is a bit of stock left for the '47 model tagged 34" size- would I be able to fit in it? Would it be too tight after soak, even if I stretch?

Thank you for any adivice on this! (Aeroleatherclothing is out of stock!)

On a second note, anyone know other UK stores/online store that are selling LVCs for about 120 pounds now?

I'm going to NYC this coming week and I wanted to try on some 1955 501's. The only place I know of that carries LVC is Brooklyn Denim Co. Does anyone know where else I can find it?

Thanks

the j crew men's store on broadway, and barney's co-op have some LVC as well.

Crazy news about those price hikes. I'm glad I hoarded a pair of 47s for future wear. Well, hopefully they'll be able to offer more overall for the price ie selection and service. It would be nice to see them include a 1/4 yard of denim, or even a packet of off-cuts, for repairs.

Sorry guys, some sizing advice please! I have read the advice on the 501 guide and other posts but i've got another question.

I want to get a pair of '47s. But most stores (That I can get it cheaper than 150 pounds) are sold out of 36".

I usually wear 34 inch (true waist size 33.7). I tried on the '47 in the store and it fits me just right, not uncomfortable at all - i would like that fit on the waist exactly.

There is a bit of stock left for the '47 model tagged 34" size- would I be able to fit in it? Would it be too tight after soak, even if I stretch?

Thank you for any adivice on this! (Aeroleatherclothing is out of stock!)

On a second note, anyone know other UK stores/online store that are selling LVCs for about 120 pounds now?

They're about 150 pounds at Hanon Shop and Cultizm, and they both have 36W. '47s are popular and don't seem to end up on sale as often as other models.

I doubt a '47 marked 34W would work for you. Depending on when it was made it would actually measure 34 or 32" raw. '47s have narrow thighs, so even if you stretched out the waist after soaking you'd have a big problem there.

i bought a pair of '67 505's on an impulse this morning before work

not sure if i should say thank you or fuck you

LOL

I bought some 1947 broken down off them the week before, managed to return them and re-order with the discount!

Hey guys, been working on my 1947 501's for more than 8 months now. Finally gonna be washing them after 3 months in Vietnam, dusty and dirty as hell.

I'm planning to get a pair of 1967 505xx. Should i stay true to my size or downsize by 1 on those? Need some advise from you guys :)

wait... i thought that the 201 had a linen patch, black painted suspender buttons, and black waist and fly buttons. also thought it was a blue selvage, not red.

thats the 20s 201. the one he posted is the 1937 201 - and is a really inaccurate repro.