RESOLUTE by hayashi-san!

dawei69

EwN5V1Y.jpgWQtFB1b.jpg

Apologies for the dusty mirror/bare feet, but here's a couple shots of my 33x33 710's. About 8 months of semi-daily wear with a few break periods while I wore in some other pairs. They've been washed about every 7-10 (lol) wears since I got them, and been through the dryer once, only on their most recent wash. Ordered my dad a pair of these and gave them to him yesterday for Father's Day. It was fun telling him how they are a '66 replica since that's the year he was born. Giving the gift of nice denim is so gratifying. 

Edited by blooming

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Have any bigger guys picked up the 714 yet? Tempted to give them a go, had some 711s a few years ago but sold them as I found the back rise a little low. Don’t really need any jeans but I’m interested in measurements if anyone has picked up a pair in size 38.

Anyone with the 714 and 30 length (tag) can measure what the inseam is after a couple washes?

If anyone has a size 33 or 34 and can share all other measurements after a couple washes as well, I would greatly appreciate it.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/29/2023 at 1:37 AM, claes said:

Hej Per, will you have the new 714 model in stock as well?

Hi Claus, they arrive next week in shop. We are the first shop in Europe who introduce 714. Will be on website www.baltzar.com.

We have a whole thread dedicated to Resolute jeans, you don't have to open a new thread for each post. 

Would be nice to see you over there! :)

https://supertalk.superfuture.com/topic/100593-resolute-by-hayashi-san/?page=75&tab=comments#comment-3366387

Edited by superfuture
merged it ;-]

1 hour ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

We have a whole thread dedicated to Resolute jeans, you don't have to open a new thread for each post. 

Would be nice to see you over there! :)

https://supertalk.superfuture.com/topic/100593-resolute-by-hayashi-san/?page=75&tab=comments#comment-3366387

Hi, sorry. I am new in this. Ok, I se how it works now.

Per Ljung 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/21/2023 at 8:12 AM, bloom said:

Ah, so you're the one running up bills in my name, making inappropriate jokes during meetings and generally ruining my reputation. Always did suspect it wasn't really me doing all that.

@bloom 

Spider_Man_meme.jpg

Anyway, hope everyone's Resolutes have been wearing nicely. I've been in my 711s a bit more lately since the lighter denim and looser fit works well with the 90F+ days we've been having.

25 minutes ago, blooming said:

@bloom 

Spider_Man_meme.jpg

Anyway, hope everyone's Resolutes have been wearing nicely. I've been in my 711s a bit more lately since the lighter denim and looser fit works well with the 90F+ days we've been having.

Ha! This is the first time that meme has made any sense to me.

711s are really nice, if only the rise (most of all the back rise) had been a bit higher. The rest is so perfect in a slightly off-kilter way, probably due to being based on a children’s model. But I feel like someone’s chopped off an inch between my thighs and my waist, and they give me permanent light wedgie, so I end up not using them much. Except slightly sagged, with an untucked shirt over, in summer. Love how the cut + fabric sort of drapes to give a slight flare effect, least they do on my pair of AA711s.

Agreed, the rise is definitely low for how wide the cut is overall, they have almost comically boxy proportions. I've been liking a sort of relaxed, slouchy look lately, and with the short inseam, these look nice with a tiny cuff and some slip-on Vans.

• 1 month later...

I'm hesitant to buy the 714. I really like Resolute but the 710 is too narrow for me at the top and 711 is too low waisted. The measurements of the 714 resemble the Fullcount 1101. Does anyone own the 714 and the 1101 to compare the 2 cuts? Are you satisfied with the 714?

12 minutes ago, CharlieMike said:

I'm hesitant to buy the 714. I really like Resolute but the 710 is too narrow for me at the top and 711 is too low waisted. The measurements of the 714 resemble the Fullcount 1101. Does anyone own the 714 and the 1101 to compare the 2 cuts? Are you satisfied with the 714?

are you talking about new1101 without archs and tab? new1101 and 714 are similar in shape, but 1101's back waist has a very unique spoon shape that is more flexible. besides, 1101's fabric is quite stretchy with movements and you have to size down 1 inch than 714. 714's fabric is very stiff and crispy and not as breathable as 1101's in warm weather.

Thank you for your reply. Yes I'm talking about the new 1101. I have the 30 year old model (with red arcs and tabs). It’s true that the difference between the front and back sizes of the jeans is high (12 cm for a W31). Do you know if there is a historical reference to this? I wear a 31 in Fullcount and usually a 33 in Resolute. Maybe the 714 in 32 would suit me…

3 hours ago, CharlieMike said:

If you need more room in the 710 and still like a tapered silhouette, the 714 is a good choice IMO. It has more room up top (even a tad higher rise than the 710, at least in the front) and still has a subtle taper to look more fitted than the 711.

3 hours ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

If you need more room in the 710 and still like a tapered silhouette, the 714 is a good choice IMO. It has more room up top (even a tad higher rise than the 710, at least in the front) and still has a subtle taper to look more fitted than the 711.

Thanks for your advices. I will probably buy the 714, I may get some discoloration of the closure buttons. I think the cut will be similar to my FC 1101s but I don't have a WWI model in my collection, that's a good excuse lol. 

2 minutes ago, CharlieMike said:

Thanks for your advices. I will probably buy the 714, I may get some discoloration of the closure buttons. I think the cut will be similar to my FC 1101s but I don't have a WWI model in my collection, that's a good excuse lol. @beautiful_FrEaK Has your 714 reduced in length after machine washing? I'm hesitating between L32 and L34.