RESOLUTE by hayashi-san!

dawei69

4 hours ago, CharlieMike said:

Thank you for your reply. Yes I'm talking about the new 1101. I have the 30 year old model (with red arcs and tabs). It’s true that the difference between the front and back sizes of the jeans is high (12 cm for a W31). Do you know if there is a historical reference to this? I wear a 31 in Fullcount and usually a 33 in Resolute. Maybe the 714 in 32 would suit me…

if you want to look at a reference to the unique shape of the waist, may read this article https://ogbros.jp/fullcount_new_jeans/ , in Full Count's thread 

Re the FC 1101 and 714, I have the (old) 1101 in 34 and the 714 in 36 -- love em both.  Back rise is lower on the 714, but not uncomfortably so.  Denim is comfortable and stretchy on both.  Fit is great on both.  I'm a high rise guy, but may prefer the 714 overall to the 1101, which is saying something since I like the 1101.

Il y a 1 heure, JohnM a dit :

En ce qui concerne le FC 1101 et le 714, j'ai le (ancien) 1101 en 34 et le 714 en 36 - je les aime tous les deux. La montée arrière est plus basse sur le 714, mais pas inconfortable. Le denim est confortable et extensible sur les deux. L'ajustement est excellent sur les deux. Je suis un gars de grande hauteur, mais je préfère peut-être le 714 dans l'ensemble au 1101, ce qui dit quelque chose puisque j'aime le 1101.

Thank you for your opinion, I'm going to order the 714, it's a good excuse because I don't have any WW2 jeans in my collection. And I have the impression that this Resolute model may be better suited to Westerners. And what's more, the waist is high (I found the 711 too low). I'm ordering!

• 4 weeks later...

So looking at Bears charts, Resolutes 31 inch inseam actually measures 29.5!?

(Weird from a brand that markets the variety of options available) 

Given I usually Hem to 29.5 - 30 anyway... can I expect further shrinkage?? 

9 minutes ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

Why weird? They still have several inseam options. They just shrink from tag size in the inseam.

And yes, the one-wash is usually not enough like with all brands so it can shrink an inch more.

Weird as in of the wide range of length options , they don't actually measure near the length stated. 

Given the further shrinkage to get my desired length; @ 29-30 nches, I actually should order 33 then!

Well, they are tagged in raw state. Just like Levi's used to do (and LVC does as well?!). The waist is also smaller on the one-wash pairs than the tagged size (although that will stretch and might end up at the tagged size). So not totally abnormal IMO.

Edit: yes a L33 is the safer option.

I finally tried a pair of 710s in a size 34 and they were tight! I couldn’t even button them all the way up… I’m usually a size 31-32 jeans, and according to the Bears measurements the 34 should have been fine, but it turns out they are smaller than I thought.

In case anyone is intersted, I picked up the 714 in 33/30.  Gave them a hot wash in the machine and hung them to dry, inseam shrank almost 1/2" and all other dimensions 1/4" give or take a bit.  Inseam right at 28" now.  Wore them 1 day and what needed to stretch did so fairly quickly.  Lovely denim and cut.  I wear the 710 in 34.

• 2 weeks later...