rnrswitch

Roy. (expurgated edition)

Aren't those fit pics from a different run, before the peanut pants? I feel like those were from rs00 or something. 

Nope. Zooming in on rear fit pic shows the new patch

I'll be grabbing a pair I think, will likely put them on ice for a bit.

I really like the look of these Memorial jeans. Sized right - since the dimensions are pretty roomy - these will look great. However I really don't need another pair of jeans... 

I'll wait for the measurements to decide but they look great for my needs.

Here are my KS1002s, Heavy Shirt, and RT1002s. The pants each have about a year of wear with 2 initial hot soaks, and 2 cold washes. The shirt has about 50 wears, 2 initial hot soaks, and about 5 cold washes. It is a long shot, but if anyone is sitting on a pair of the test lot in 31 or maybe 32, but is leaning towards the new Cone White Oak Memorial denim, I would gladly pay up to the $245 for an unsoaked pair, or pay a fair price with soaked/minimal wear as well. 

D5oaDCs.jpg2uJshjp.jpg

KS1002 vs RT1002

KS1002

Heavy Shirt

RT1002

Fit Pics

Edited by TheEscapist

Nice work, TheEscapist! What year was the shirt offered?

1 minute ago, lance said:

Nice work, TheEscapist! What year was the shirt offered?

Thanks. This is the one from earlier this year, that went on sale Jan 1st. I believe it was 10.5 ounce pre soak. It is unsanforized Cone, but not a custom run for Roy I believe. 

These are the measurements for the Memorial Jeans. The back rise seems rather long, but not too dissimilar to my '44 501s. Will need a hem though (and hopefully I can keep the extra material for hand repairs).

Memorial-Jeans-Sizes.thumb.png.258bd8bb6dc1c182d49ed8b5afca8a59.png

speaking of hems, it looks like the default thread used for the hem is blue or black? If you prefer something like the yellow threads that we are used to you probably have to request it.

So... this isn't the last of Roy's unsanforized cone, correct? I mean even with otherworldly shrinkage these may still be a bit big for my tastes. I know Roy's sentiment on fit, but I just don't think I can jive with this run. 

38 minutes ago, goodrain said:

speaking of hems, it looks like the default thread used for the hem is blue or black? If you prefer something like the yellow threads that we are used to you probably have to request it.

Yeah, the hemming page says it's a navy blue, 100% Pima cotton, tex 135 thread.

This looks awesome for me.

Does anyone know what the chances are of Roy making a slim-straight or slim-taper jean? It seems like if you look at pics of cuts from years ago a few were slimmer fitting. I'm not asking for skinny jeans, but I have a hard time wearing straight or relaxed taper cuts. I've been wanting to purchase Roy jeans for like the last 4 models he's released - but each time the waist to thigh ratio (and the back rise) is just not similar to what seems to work for me. Anyone have inside info on what Roy's plans might be for subsequent releases?

I don't think anyone really knows what exactly Roy has up his sleeve, just gotta follow along and enjoy the ride.
That's part of the fun if you ask me.

@Goosyphus - you should keep an eye out for Roy's RT1002. That, IMO, is a slim taper cut. I have a pair in 33, and they're a bit too tight in the thigh for my taste. If I had a size larger, I'd prolly like the fit better. 

I've been wanting another pair of Roy's in a better size for me, in a straight cut. I like the fit pics of the Peanut's, and the measurements of the Memorial's look good - although that back rise is huge. But I don't think I'll be able to get a pair at this time... 

On ‎12‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 11:43 AM, TheEscapist said:

It is a long shot, but if anyone is sitting on a pair of the test lot in 31 or maybe 32, but is leaning towards the new Cone White Oak Memorial denim, I would gladly pay up to the $245 for an unsoaked pair, or pay a fair price with soaked/minimal wear as well. 

I thnk a dude on instagram is , ughh, ready to help you out bruh.

2 hours ago, goodrain said:

@Goosyphus you could just email Roy himself and ask

I tried that back when he was releasing, I think, the test lot.  He was very nice and responded but didn't seem interested in sharing a production schedule or say anything specific about slimmer fits.  I don't want to pester him again.  Besides, based on his recent Instagram post response to the Escapist, it seems he's aware of what gets posted here. :)

@TheEscapist yeah indeed, seen that Roy has a pair for you if you email him! I think the IG post has now been deleted now though... them arcs eh! Result.

1 hour ago, robbie said:

I thnk a dude on instagram is , ughh, ready to help you out bruh.

1 hour ago, MJF9 said:

@TheEscapist yeah indeed, seen that Roy has a pair for you if you email him! I think the IG post has now been deleted now though... them arcs eh! Result.

Oh man, I missed it. I guess I will email him and hope they are still around. Thanks for the heads up! I have now turned those post notifications on for the future. 

Did anyone screenshot it or does anyone know what the gist was?

Edited by TheEscapist
Added a question

@TheEscapist I read it quickly and then it was gone. There was a shot of what are presumably the jeans you're searching for - with them arcs - and Roy saying he had a pair for you. Best to flick him an email - good luck!

Thanks @MJF9 I sent him an email, just getting worried somebody snapped them up. Hopefully it works out. I had just recently emailed him asking if the White Oak Memorial pair would include those before details had gone up on his site. 

I have a screenshot but since Roy deleted the post he probably wouldn't want me to post it. Those arcs and red tab though... I'm assuming they're the experimental lot?

@Goosyphus I too am hoping for another slimmer fitting model. I recently picked up my first slimmer/tapered pair of jeans and since i'm a skinny guy the fit seems to suit me better but they lack the outstanding details that my straight fit Roys have and I really wish I would've picked up some RT1002s.

I have a pair that’s very similar, just won’t be posting any pictures for obvious seasons.

Anybody know what the expected retail on the Memorials will be? Or what the average price for a pair of Roy usually is? I havent gotten the opportunity to get any Roy yet, so Im feeling very out of the loop. Trying to come up with the cash somehow before Monday!

$325 I believe, posted on the website. 

@Cornelius_ Please message it if you wouldn’t mind  

I was able to get in touch with him and got it all squared away. He said he was getting a bunch of people pretending to be me. Thanks again for everyone who gave me the heads up. Happy new year to everyone except my imposters. 

Edited by TheEscapist
Trying to make my gratitude more gracious