Ande Whall Denim

iloveredstripe

Ande has designed another version of the Grizzly with an extra 2 inches on the sleeve - the Grizzly 'Long Arm Version'

I had trouble containing my excitement when I read this. I'll be one of the first orders when it's up!

Thanks Gregornz. It is going to take a long time indeed. I was in Auckland on mon/tues for the Stone Roses gig....was great to see some dirty old buildings and a normal city for a change. The gig was top notch, shouldaa got a lemon t-shirt. Did you go Chris? How did you break your arm fella?

Hey Ande, no, I didn't end up going to the Stone Roses - a decision that I'm now regretting as my facebook feed is full of photos and reviews of how amazing the gig was! Yup, you should have copped the lemon t-shirt, I've seen a few people wearing them around - they look cool. I didn't actually break my arm but damaged some ligaments in my wrist doing boxing training - and it's not in a cast as such but more of a brace that I have to wear day 'n night for 3 weeks.

@Hyphen - Yeah, i was pretty stoked to hear about the longer sleeve version too. DO IT! the jackets are great, you won't regret it!

Edited by theotherchrislewis

you'll lose half an inch in the waist on soaking them, but you'll find they'll stretch out an inch+ from that point with wear. i have a fabric sample of this denim and it is really nice stuff - the fades will be alot bluer than the regular line you can see on these pages as the indigo is much more vibrant.

you'll lose half an inch in the waist on soaking them, but you'll find they'll stretch out an inch+ from that point with wear. i have a fabric sample of this denim and it is really nice stuff - the fades will be alot bluer than the regular line you can see on these pages as the indigo is much more vibrant.

Alright thanks a lot man! Will be ordering soon. Oh and does soaking affect future fading in any way?

Edited by archangel

Note that the natural indigo also takes considerably longer to start showing wear.

If you're looking to see fades quickly, I'd recommend either the standard fare or the SR4s.

Already ordered haha, as long as they eventually show nice fades I don't mind the wait.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick heads up fellas, there is only enough denim for one last pair of the SR3 Natural Indigo's left.

Hope everyone is goooood. How's the arm Chris?

Is there an SR5 on the horizon Ande?

Have you been watching the cricket? I was listening in late at night - England definitely got out of jail thanks to the loss of the first day. The general consensus seems to be that they were over-confident and under-prepared.

We're pretty shite at Cricket these days, England will probably pound us in the second test. I watched one of the ODI's, it's a bit frustrating not having Sky, they played two one dayer's free to air, then the third was only on Sky...it's was on a Saturday and I was going to watch it, we got trounced anyway. With the Rugby season being so long now, people hardly get a chance to watch the Cricket before the new Super Rugby season starts.

Hello fellas, hope alls good. Have been wearing some Caribou's for for a while, snapped some pic's at the six month mark. Worn everyday...except a few days when it was way to hot, it's been the hottest summer in 50 years. Colour is fairly accurate, I just hit auto tone and auto contrast, auto colour does strange things. Oh yeah, washed four times, first at about four months.

autofixed.jpg

Hhmm, the front may look to contrasty than real life. What I have been into lately is wearing jeans for a chunk of time without washing, then after the first wash, wash them every couple of weeks. I like to do the first wash before the combs cut the fabric, then washing often keeps the weird double comb thing happening, hopefully produces nice faded out wear patterns and keeps them strong. I love how they come out of the wash/dry all rigid and strong again. This is just all personal preference of course!

Does anyone have any preconceived nerdy plans like this? Haha.

i definitely prefer to hold out a while before first wash also, though i admit i hold out until the 10mth mark. after that then i'm happy to wash whenever as by that point i've well & truly made my mark on them and washing will only compliment this. i will soak every once in a while pre 1st wash, just to 'freshen' them up though....

Hi all,

New to SuFu, been a longtime poster at SomethingAwful's fashion forum, and was turned towards Ande's line because of my atypical dimensions - I'm 6'8 and maybe 215lbs at my heaviest. I bought some Caribou in a 34x38, and unfortunately I sized conservatively, thinking that the listed 34 - actually a true 35 waist - would allow for stretching. Once I got them, (in record time, five days between ordering and receiving them!) I learned they're a size too big in the waist. They're cherry jeans, and while I want something a little roomier than the 316 slim/tapers I wear, they're just too roomy overall.

Ande directed me here, and I thought I'd post this intro along with mention of a thread I've started in the supermarket - I'm putting the Caribou 34x38's up for $200 shipped. I just thought this would be the place to crosspost - please let me know if not.

Thanks!

Edit: http://supertalk.sup...bou-size-34x38/ - linked to the SuperMarket thread

These jeans never get any less amazing and special to me.

andewhallblue.jpg

Man, the contrast and fit on those jeans look solid. I really wish I weren't so scared to purchase some AW's..

Boom!

Long-arm Grizzly is up (and ordered).

I've always been amazed by this stuff and soon I'll have an item of my own.

I do admit the investment made based solely on photos and measurements is a bit scary, but I am confident it will pay off.

Really don't see how you can wrong with any of Ande's collection. Personally, the Jacknife is still my one of my favorite jackets he's made. I have a 21oz IH bikers jacket to break in which I think that in itself will take years. If it wasn't for that, I'd have copped the Grizzly myself.

Congrats on the wise purchase!

Edited by chocolatelvis