Ande Whall Denim

iloveredstripe

mark fit pics when they come in! I'm looking to get the caribous myself

Will do. However, they seem to be in customs for several days now. I own a small audio business and I order electronic components by the thousands from China, Thailand, and other mostly Asian countries. Those have never been held by customs. It's not Ande's fault, I'm just surprised and impatient, lol.

Mine arrived!

I suspect they're mis-marked, or mis-sized, though. I ordered a 32, which is supposed to be 33", but they came in at 34". I soaked them, which shrunk them to about 33", but they stretched out within two hours to the point that I had to pull them up all day. I have belts, of course, but I dunno if that's really going to solve the overall problem.

I'm not going to bother with fit pics. These might just collect dust in my closet.

Mine arrived!

I suspect they're mis-marked, or mis-sized, though. I ordered a 32, which is supposed to be 33", but they came in at 34". I soaked them, which shrunk them to about 33", but they stretched out within two hours to the point that I had to pull them up all day. I have belts, of course, but I dunno if that's really going to solve the overall problem.

I'm not going to bother with fit pics. These might just collect dust in my closet.

Is the waist the only thing that's too big? If that's the case a belt WOULD solve the problem.

If you ordered one size, and got the wrong size, why not contact Ande and let him know, while his site says no returns if it was a mistake on the manufacturerers part, I'm sure he would have been more than happy to help.

Also, why let them collect dust? If you're not happy with them why not try to sell them?

After I wrote that last night, I washed them and put them in the dryer. I put them on a few minutes ago and they fit great now.

I don't have an issue with Ande. The purchasing experience was perfect. The jeans are perfect. I'd buy from him again, but perhaps a size down.

After I wrote that last night, I washed them and put them in the dryer. I put them on a few minutes ago and they fit great now.

I don't have an issue with Ande. The purchasing experience was perfect. The jeans are perfect. I'd buy from him again, but perhaps a size down.

Happy they fit ;), I'd hate for a pair to go to waste!

Probably gonna end up being my next pair. Keep us updated!

Great. They'll stretch quite a bit, but just blast em with heat and you're good to go. Thrash em if you can. I wish I didn't have a desk job and dress policy else I'd be shredding mine.

Honestly, I fail at the fades. I wear jeans to work, but I work in the music biz, either sitting at studio desks or standing in DJ booths. I live in a townhome, so there's no yard work to do. The thrashing I give my jeans is a so-so wallet fade and some front pocket fading. Nothing interesting.

With therapy sessions, I've come to accept the fact that I'll never win a denim competition.

Maybe there's a little glimmer of hope in each pair I buy that I'll get mad faydez, bro. But really, I keep buying jeans like these because I like the fit, the details, the uniqueness, the weight, the small business, etc.

^do what you gotta do...theres beauty in jeans with 6 years of wear (frequent washing too!) that took that long to put a dent in....check out all the pairs (evisu, 45rpm, fullcount, etc.) that have been worn for over 3 years and youll find your inspiration!

I feel your pain Markr04, since my activities consist mostly of "sitting at the desk," "driving," and the occasional walk, my jeans don't fade fast either (made worse by the fact that I can't wear them at school and get only 4.5 days of real wear time per week.) My only saving grace is that my town gets buried in snow for 40% of the year - shoveling snow has got to be good for burning some wear into your jeans.

Faydez are for the kidz anywayz brah..

Desiring rushed fades is only cock massaging amongst peers.

Jeans should hold their colour and fade through normal evolution and not blow to pieces from a bit of sitting around with your legs splayed.

A good honest pair of jeans worn naturally is for the men amongst us.

What he said!

Buy jeans that fit like they were made for you, by people who take pride in their craft. The fades are just a bonus

No worries, man. I totally caught your sarcasm from the get-go. I was riffing on that tip-- our peers took a more serious approach to the response(s). As to understanding/dishing sarcasm, our resident expert Maynard can attest to my padawan abilities.

Edit: that was directed at mark, not you, hog. ;)

Edited by grooveholmes

Cross post from the contest thread.

Here's my Andes. Contest Pair #10. Mustang W34. 1 year, 4 washes, 4 soaks, no visits to foreign countries or extreme wear, although they did get to take a tour of the White House (no picture policy strictly enforced). The crotch is just barely hanging on and needs to be repaired soon.

907748AC-663B-4C07-ADE3-35372B2F48A9-4788-000002B3BE6852CE.jpg

0E1C2CF2-C876-4DC6-8283-9C10245587B7-4788-000002B3B62E6B46.jpg

AD089958-E9E0-4830-A608-7B9E479DDE94-4788-000002B3B1EA133C.jpg

1DB45B30-009F-4DBF-88AB-89BA22EF2BD6-4788-000002B3AE1F1EA6.jpg

93105B0F-96A3-493C-8BE5-E6672FC7CFE7-4788-000002B3A06C91B8.jpg

992A400D-4131-40E5-A58C-747D3DA8ABEF-4788-000002B39C12D17B.jpg

2BD155DC-A359-48B3-8ED4-BC4AE71701E4-4788-000002B39780AA83.jpg

Does anyone have sizing experience between 3sixteen STs and Ande Whalls? I've got my fit down pretty perfect on the former, but I've always been into the work Ande does.

I wear 31 STs and 29 Caribous. The fit is *very* comparable, actually the first thing that came to mind when I put the Ande's on for the first time. Obviously the waist on the 3sixteens is bigger, its actually a little too big for me, but I had to size that way for the thighs to fit. The Ande waist stretched to fit perfectly.

update on my Cobras. almost 11mths, with washes in the last month just because.

8302130280_2b8ef2f66f_z.jpg

8301080057_b8e4d81c79_z.jpg

8301085969_66191d70bd_z.jpg

Been watching this thread develop for quite some time. okisan, these seem tailor made for your frame--excellent fit, solid photos!