Ande Whall Denim

iloveredstripe

curious to what's so special about the new roll besides the selvage id, weight, and type of indigo.... is it really made specifically for him alone? jw cause i've always read through this thread and i've always been astonished with his products and how they age

Very nice! I'm thinking about getting one of those eventually.

What do we know about the Special Roll 3? Does it have a very different quality from the normal Japanese denim? If it gets good vertical fades akin to Flat Head or Eternal, I'd be interested.

Curious as well, trying to decide if I want them or a pair of SExIH14 next

Does anyone have any fade pictures of the 14.1 oz natural indigo jeans that they would like to share?

This is the Wakefield Hotel denim (that I think is the same as the new SR3 denim).

I'm breaking in a pair at the moment but they're quite stubborn and I'm curious and impatient!

Thanks in advance.

My Ande Whall Mustangs (29x34) arrived today, so I thought I'd give you all a good look at Ande Whall's package...

IMG_0161.jpg

Sorry about the quality of the photos - all taken on iPhone4S.

This is my first ever pair of raws and I really appreciated being able to check out fit pics, sizing advice, etc. on the forums when I was hunting around for a pair, so I thought I'd return the favour for anyone interested.

General impressions first up:

• Ande Whall = Boss! Great guy to deal with - super speedy replies to emails and very helpful and informative when it comes to sizing. I sent him a list of sizings on my favourite pair of jeans and he recommended a 29 in the Mustangs (I was leaning toward a 30).
  • I ordered during a quiet patch for Ande - placed the order on Sat the 17th, Ande completed and shipped the jeans on Tues the 20th and they arrived in Western Australia on Fri 23rd. Not a bad turnaround for a pair of made-to-order pants...

And impressions of the jeans:

• Look to be really well constructed - great details which can be seen on Ande's website.
  • It's my first try at raw denim and dang! - they feel just about like cardboard when they come out of the packaging. Not sure if this is a sign of quality raw, but there ya go.
  • Colour is a really nice dark indigo - the colour is really similar to the pics on Ande's site, so that's a good reference.
  • Nice thick leather patch
  • Loving the gold/orange stitching - again colour on the site is spot on.

Hoping these photos work:

IMG_0155.jpg

IMG_0156.jpg

Definitely hand-made. Adds so much character.

IMG_0160.jpg

IMG_0157.jpg

IMG_0158.jpg

Notes on the fit to come...

And perhaps most importantly, the fit:

• I sent Ande the following measurements from a pair of Levis 511 (31x32) - a year and a half old or so haven't been washed in a while, so they fit pretty nicely (with just a bit of extra room in the waist perhaps):
    • Waist: 31
    • Front rise: 9.25
    • Back rise: 13.5
    • Top Thigh: 10.5
    • Mid Thigh: 8.5
    • Knee: 7
    • Leg Opening: 7
    • Inseam: 30.5

The 511s:

IMG_0151.jpg

IMG_0152.jpg

IMG_0153.jpg

• Based on that, I copped Mustangs in a size 29x34 (Ande helped with the decision). I wanted a bit extra in the inseam and a tad less in the waist.
  • Pre-soak fitting notes:
    • Rise: Noticeably higher than the 511s. Feels a little foreign to me, but I've been wearing lower rise jeans for a while now. Looks at bit strange to me as well, but I'm sure I'll get used to it.
    • Thighs:These are pretty tight at the moment, particularly around the thighs - noticeably tighter than the 511s. Hoping for a bit of stretch after the initial soak as I wear them in.
    • Waist:No problems there - buttoned up pretty easily (again on the tight side, though) I think they'll stretch to a pretty comfortable size.
    • Lower leg: Digging the cut through the lower leg - fairly slim, without being super skinny.

Ande Whall Mustangs: 29x34.

IMG_0148.jpg

IMG_0149.jpg

IMG_0150.jpg

IMG_0147.jpg

IMG_0146.jpg

IMG_0145.jpg

Well there you have it - a Whall of photos for anyone interested in getting some.

And now a question for all the people out there who know more than me:

What's the fit like? Should I have copped the Mustangs one size up? Will they stretch and fit me well (particularly in the thighs) - the front on pic makes my legs look like a funnel.

I plan on doing a warm soak and then wearing the hell out of them - so some advice would be much appreciated before I commit to the soak.

For the record, I'm 5'11 and 67kg (148 pounds) with a reasonably slim build - I run quite a bit, hence the large thighs.

Thanks all.

Just ordered the Caribou/Regular fit after researching in this thread. I normally buy slim fits, but Mustang/Slim fit pics in this thread convinced me to go Regular. It seems his fits run on the slim side as it is.

IIRC, I was ready to buy a pair of Ande Whall jeans a year or two ago, but something awful (tsunami? earthquake?) happened to his business and he was out of commission for a while. Either way, I'm glad I found him again.