Ande Whall Denim

iloveredstripe

congrats on the little one!

I'm digging the vintage blue but will watch from the sidelines while I keep breaking in my standard AWs for a while to come. Your cat is gorgeous as well; I wish I could have one but my wife came with two large shepherd/husky mutts and it's out of the question right now.

thanks all for the kind words. Little Nina, although an energy sapping addition to the family, is an absolute delight.

these new special roll Cobra's will most likely play a back seat to my other AW's for a while, so it'll definitely be a while before they show obvious signs of wear. from what i've seen though of similar material in other brands the long term results are pretty awesome.

old N&F vintage blues I found in a quick google search:

NF1.jpg

Obviously the fabric is probably from a completely different mill, not to mention dye, weave, etc., but I'd say this is the overall fade that can probably be expected. Can't wait to see them down the road, AW's details definitely make all the difference in a fabric like this.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

cheers.

the boots aren't actually Red Wings. i was in Tokyo in February and no pair of Red Wings were the right size, seems their smallest is too big for me, so i got these instead - Hawkins. they're just knock-off's but they're proper leather, built solidly & were 70% cheaper than Red Wing's or Wolverine's.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys,

would someone of you be interested in AW's Raker for a reasonable price? I bought the pair of these wonderful jeans way back in 2008. They are in wonderful, unbroken condition. I barely used them — just a couple of times. I've completely forgot about them and just now rediscovered. Unfortunately they are just way too small for me now. The waist size is 28". The inseam is 31".

So just let me know, if you have any interest.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

would someone of you be interested in AW's Raker for a reasonable price? I bought the pair of these wonderful jeans way back in 2008. They are in wonderful, unbroken condition. I barely used them — just a couple of times. I've completely forgot about them and just now rediscovered. Unfortunately they are just way too small for me now. The waist size is 28". The inseam is 31".

So just let me know, if you have any interest.

I'm interested. Send me an email [email protected]

I'd like to see some pics!!!

Alright all - new to the community, been lurking for a looong time though.

I'm on the verge of purchasing some Ande Whall's as my 2.5 year old Natural Selection Smith's are reaching retirement. I have some questions before I hit the purchase button though.

Sizing - Although I made do, I purchased my Natural Selection's sized 30x32 (my normal size is a 30" waist) and the waist stretched out a bit. I'm going to size down for these and it sounds like 1" is enough (29x32). Thoughts?

Denim - I like raw selvedge denim. The current special roll isn't exactly my cup of tea in terms of color, but the first special roll looked spot on. How do the SR1's compare to the current indigo model aside from weight?

(Side note) If Ande is reading this: do you have any plans to release something unique in the near future?

Fit - I'm not a big dude (5'9 ~160lbs) and I'm curious if there is anyone that could suggest whether or not I get the Mustang's or Caribou's. I'm leaning towards the Mustangs, but perhaps those in the know have some other musings on the subject.

Thanks in advance guys. Ande, I was in Aus and NZ for 5 months last year. Christchurch was humbling to say the least; tremendous props to you and your supporters for rebuilding and continuing to hone your craft.

Edited by ontheroad

@ontheroad

re: sizing just measure your current jeans and go from there. for reference, i'm generally 32-32.5" in the waist so when i bought my cobra's i bought the 30's. these measured 31, and i knew they'd then stretch out to 32-32.5" eventually - they have done this, and without too much fuss. the denim on the regular line is quite forgiving and will stretch quickly, so this is a fairly safe way of sizing. e.g: if your jeans measure a 30 in the waist, buy the 28's. these would measure 29, then stretch to 30 after a wear or two.

as for the SR1's i never saw any in the flesh, but from what i can tell the difference is mostly in the weight. there doesn't appear to be a huge character difference if the shots on ande's site are anything to go by.

as for cut that's your call, only you know your ideal fit, but i'd start by measuring your existing jeans in the same way as ande has detailed on his site and just compare.

good luck!

Edited by okisan

Anybody pick up a Grizzly jacket yet? Thinking that I may end up putting on order. Looks mighty fine, but the lack of returns has me a little nervous. Dig the design though....hand warmer pockets are a big functional plus.

I'm real tempted to get the grizzly after Xmas but your spot on the returns policy is a concern