Ande Whall Denim

iloveredstripe

Hey guys. I have enough denim for one more pair of these vintage blues SR2's so long as they are 34" inseam or less. There must have been a bit more on that roll, so if anyone was keen and missed out etc. Have a cool day lads. (Edit.....these are gone.)

Got these SR2 Caribous a couple weeks ago, just getting around to taking some fit pics. I was torn between 29x36 caribous and 30x36 mustangs, since both had almost identical measurements, but went with the caribous for the 30 in. waist vs. 31 in the mustangs, since my true waist is around 30.5 in. This is my first pair of Andes, and I just wanted to echo everything that's been said about his unreal customer service and insane attention to detail. The X bar tacks on the back pocket corners and the back pocket wings are some of my favorite details on any jeans I've ever worn, not to mention the amazing color. Apologies for the shitty iPhone selfies, but it's the best I could do right now.

IMG_0220.jpg

IMG_0224.jpg

IMG_0218.jpg

Worn about 6-7 days, no soak, they've stretched out a bit in the thighs and waist. Still looking for another quarter inch or so in the top block and thighs, but I love how they fit now.

Edited by andewhall

Hey Poly, how are you mate. I am not a hundred percent sure how they dye that vintage blue denim. In previous convo's with my denim guy, he said they use predominantly pure indigo, so no black or colour additives.

I just got the Grizzly jacket in size medium. Quality is obviously insane, the details on this jacket are absurd. I just had a quick question about sizing - it fits perfectly over a shirt, but is a little bit snug over a sweatshirt, which is how I'd like to wear it a decent amount of the time. Will it stretch out at all as it breaks in?

Awesome, thanks for the feedback. The more I tried it on, the more I started to feel like this was actually the right size, so I'm glad to hear other more knowledgeable people agree. It feels good to finally take the tag off and start beating on this jacket! Maybe I'll wear an Ande Whall tuxedo tomorrow? Although I guess without a denim shirt it'd be more of a leisure suit..

Are there any details about the new SR4? Looks like streaky denim, with a tinge of green? The website is a bit vague...

Based on some email conversations with Mr. Whall himself, it's 14.5 oz 'super crunchy stiff denim'. He expects some pretty dramatic fades.

Hey guys. That is a sweet fit Skurlandski. The Grizzly was designed more as the slim summer jacket depending on how you size. It took me a while to get used to mine, pretty slim cut, I usually wear it with just a tee or shirt....don't think I could button up wearing a hoody underneath. I have another jacket in the works, a couple months off yet, which will be a pleat front style in a fuller cut.

Yeah the SR4 denim is really nice, it has a dirtier weft than the others like a dirty greenish tinge. I think it will fade really well.

Got these in late july and worn them everyday ´til november, then on and of.

1 soak, 1 wash. Pics taken in natural light. Nothing done to the pics.

IMG_6188_zps3bf2addc.jpg

IMG_6190_zpsb012bb5b.jpg

IMG_6191_zps15412874.jpg

IMG_6192_zps7fd7ebfb.jpg

More to come!