Ande Whall Denim

iloveredstripe

• 1 month later...

I really like the way AWs age, but nervous about the sizing. Is it generally accurate to the size chart? I'd probably want a 33 in the Caribou, but the knees and hem seem really small compared to the thighs, and the fit pics on the site really dont look very tapered (I like the fit pics a lot). Thanks

Edited by jmfr

Cheers Danny - you may not recall but you saw these in person, back in April when i was in London and you guys had your pop up just off Tottenham Court Rd. I was also rocking the AW Grizzly at the time... an AW tux if you will.

Sure I remember. I loved the fit of the Grizzly.The penny only dropped a while after you left. I had that feeling we'd met some where but couldn't put my finger on it. The shop has grown since your visit. Hope Spain was enjoyable. Your little girl as grown a lot since then :)

Edited by Danny @ Rivet & Hide

@jmfr - Ande's sizing is pretty accurate so work off what he's provided. keep in mind as it's sanforized it will stretch out an inch in the waist over time or more if you push it. knee's you could get half an inch perhaps. if you factor that in pre-purchase then you'll be sweet.

@danny - excellent memory sir! Spain was good, but definitely tricky with a 6mth old. We even almost got snowed in in the mountains above Granada which we definitely were not expecting - no snow tires/chains on those roads is not advisable...

@danny - excellent memory sir! Spain was good, but definitely tricky with a 6mth old. We even almost got snowed in in the mountains above Granada which we definitely were not expecting - no snow tires/chains on those roads is not advisable...

The same happened to me living there driving from T shirt weather to higher elevations.

The Sierra Nevada covered in snow is a beautiful backdrop to the Alhambra in Granada. Fond memories.

It's going great thanks Ande. The only issue is that it's been a pathetic winter here in Sydney so it hasn't had as much wear as i'd hoped during that time - has been mostly in the 20's so not exactly jacket weather. 

Agreed though, it will take some time to age. It is ever so slowly revealing it's lurking vibrant blue hues though...

Might get some pics up here of it soon though

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys. With the new SR6 I always had the option for plain or poncho cloth facings and originally I had the back pockets blank....I have had quite a few people asking for the option for the Wings stitching though, sooooo I changed it so you can just choose whatever for this lot! 

Cool, hope everyone is doing good. Loving seeing some good worn out pairs coming through.

Hey Ande,

It might be a bit early to be asking this but, when/if are you planning to release Special Roll #7?  I'm planning on getting myself a pair of AW raw denim, but may want to hold out for a while longer if you're going to be doing something really awesome/unique (not that your main line isn't amazing as it is).

Edited by eXtremity03

Thanks for sharing that article--it was a great read.

I'm glad Andy has plans for taking his brand further in the future, but at the same time sad. I truly admire how he is currently a one man brand.  It's an amazing feeling to be owning (I don't yet, but I am ordering one!) a quality product that has been handmade with immense attention to detail and craftsmanship.  Kind of sad to hear that he is going to larger-scale production, but expansion was/is inevitable when you're making a quality product that a growing number of people desire--so it is understandable.  I'm sure Andy will continue to produce quality products at sensible prices nonetheless--whether alone or through some larger scale production methods.

Ande Whall denim is still quite exclusive as it stands--being made to order rather than overstocked--and I also like that aspect of it.    I can (once I receive my pair of jeans) proudly tell my friends that my jeans were made by Ande Whall.  :)

Edit: Just placed my order!! I am so excited about the moment I come home from work to see an Ande Whall box waiting for me--the anticipation is killing me, haha!

Edited by eXtremity03