Ande Whall Denim

iloveredstripe

shit, can't do the top two buttons on my new caribous.

Might have sized down too much. Andes stretch but not a huge amount. I sized down 2 on my mustang SR1 going with Andes advice and I could still get all the buttons done up day 1.

Hi, not too sure if I can link this here (didn't see anything in the rules about it, and this will be my only post), but I have a pair of Ande Whall Grifters #001 that I purchased back in 2008 that I'm selling. They're brand new (only been worn once, and for less than a couple of minutes). They are sized 30x34. I don't really know what they're worth now and what to price them now, but I'm pretty sure I purchased them for $220+. If anyone is interested, let me know!

http://supertalk.superfuture.com/index.php/topic/152397-fs-brand-new-ande-whall-grifters-001-size-30x34-sanforized/

Whoa, now that's awesome! Best $200 anyone can hope to spend. Here's to wishing they were 32's.

Might have sized down too much. Andes stretch but not a huge amount. I sized down 2 on my mustang SR1 going with Andes advice and I could still get all the buttons done up day 1.

I can button them but only pulled up to my actual waist. I was looking to sag them a little to get more length and a little more room through the leg. As long as I can get an inch or so out of them they'll be fine

edit: definitely grown on me already

fYxLmYu.jpg

Edited by in_limbo

I really like the way AWs age, but nervous about the sizing. Is it generally accurate to the size chart? I'd probably want a 33 in the Caribou, but the knees and hem seem really small compared to the thighs, and the fit pics on the site really dont look very tapered (I like the fit pics a lot). Thanks

Doubting Thomas here. jmfr posed this question (see above) a while back about the shape/cut of the Caribous and I'm wondering much the same thing. Are Ande's cuts all as tapered as the website's measurements seem to suggest? Okisan and others have done such a good job on this thread serving as ambassadors to the brand, and in so doing have created, in my mind a compelling reason/desire to get in on Ande's one-man-band of a brand. Hands down some of the most beautiful and honest looking craftsmanship and materials. Yet, it strikes me that even the more generous sounding Caribou & Buffalo models mean a 34" waist requires a generous thigh but a narrow knee & hem. Do either/both of these fits actually fit straight/slim straight or am I missing something? I would love to send my hard earned cash Ande's way, but a carrot leg I am not.

Those are Caribous?

They look to be much more fitted than that.

Yup, Caribous. I'm true waist 34.5, I got 32.

Doubting Thomas here. jmfr posed this question (see above) a while back about the shape/cut of the Caribous and I'm wondering much the same thing. Are Ande's cuts all as tapered as the website's measurements seem to suggest? Okisan and others have done such a good job on this thread serving as ambassadors to the brand, and in so doing have created, in my mind a compelling reason/desire to get in on Ande's one-man-band of a brand. Hands down some of the most beautiful and honest looking craftsmanship and materials. Yet, it strikes me that even the more generous sounding Caribou & Buffalo models mean a 34" waist requires a generous thigh but a narrow knee & hem. Do either/both of these fits actually fit straight/slim straight or am I missing something? I would love to send my hard earned cash Ande's way, but a carrot leg I am not.

The Caribous do taper but not too fast. I find it to be just right for myself, but if you have really straight legs then maybe not for you. There's visual side by side of how each tapers on this page

Hi everyone!

Finally got a pair of the mustangs in the 13.5 oz denim yesterday.

sized through to size. 32/30. They're a little snug in the waist but i do wish they were slightly slimmer overall.

But the fabric. my gosh...i miss the stiffness of fresh raw denim.

io3q.th.jpg

mz3x.th.jpg

0fd8.th.jpg

if only i could justify owning the Wolf too - love that, especially with the natural indigo. 

@kemalcaesar - perfect fit you got there. congrats. the weather is shit here in sydney at the moment so mine is getting some more action. can't believe i got mine a year ago.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice one Ukeno! They are hanging in there. My Caribou's have just gone 1 year and 3 three months with a whopping 23 washes, haha. Have just repaired the first hole. I always get the first hole in the same place, the 'Cross Leg" whisker hole. Patched it with some lighter blue 100% cotton with fusing on the back.

RP1.jpg

RP2.jpg

Edited by andewhall

Here's some random stuff people give me, I had a bunch of geeky books but I lost them. The Cone Mills wallet is about 4-5 years old, still going strong and have never washed it, haha. The Levi's chilly is ace, but no lid, damn. A buddy is one of those crazy garage sale, hoarder guys and he always looks out for stuff.

W1.jpg

W2.jpg

LCHILI.jpg

DGD.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

So I just posted in the arc'teryx thread about this as well. I think I have made a grave mistake. I was a little drunk hanging around a camp fire and now all of my favorite stuff reeks of smoke. Any advice to get the smell out of my Ande Whalls without washing them? I want to keep them raw/unwashed as long as possible.

So I just posted in the arc'teryx thread about this as well. I think I have made a grave mistake. I was a little drunk hanging around a camp fire and now all of my favorite stuff reeks of smoke. Any advice to get the smell out of my Ande Whalls without washing them? I want to keep them raw/unwashed as long as possible.

dig the campfire. don't do a thing. denim is one of the most forgiving textiles.

dig the campfire. don't do a thing. denim is one of the most forgiving textiles.

Ya you were right. They aired out with one wear. I should stay off the internet when I am hung over....